Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laptop Suggestions? (smashed mine tonight)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Laptop Suggestions? (smashed mine tonight)

So I got pretty pissed off earlier playing poker, combo of beats and wasn't too happy with my laptop so I put a hole through the screen. Gashed my pinky finger pretty bad too :/

I spend most of my time on a desktop so I am not looking for some top of the line piece of equipment but I want something new. I pretty much am looking for the same specs druff was but I am looking to jew it up and go cheap

-looking for 17.3 inch screen
    -stereo mix
    - decent memory etc so I can play poker lag free
    -decent battery life

might go with something used if it is good. How much is a good macbook as well new and used?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    So I got pretty pissed off earlier playing poker, combo of beats and wasn't too happy with my laptop so I put a hole through the screen. Gashed my pinky finger pretty bad too :/

I spend most of my time on a desktop so I am not looking for some top of the line piece of equipment but I want something new. I pretty much am looking for the same specs druff was but I am looking to jew it up and go cheap

-stereo mix
    -decent battery life

might go with something used if it is good. How much is a good macbook as well new and used?
    Name:  Laugh 7.gif
Views: 411
Size:  1.10 MB

I thought you were joking for effect in the other thread & come here to see you were serious. That's priceless.

Pictures of smashed computor would be great.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Lenovo G770 1037 - Core i5 2.5 GHz - 500 GB HDD / 5400 rpm - 17.3″

OfficeMax Free shipping $459.88

Load Metric

Load Metric
    oldie but goodie

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Whatever you get make sure it has a SSD, getting a laptop in 2012 without one is just lol.

Load Metric

-stereo mix
    -decent battery life

For the money used macbook pro will win hands down against anything any retard will post in this thread made by lenovo or some other shit manufacturer.

You want 2011-2012 mac pro do not go older, try to find one that has been upgraded so you end up with like 4gigs RAM and an I7 and you will be very happy. Battery life is second to none (8 hours per charge and it charges in about an hour) and you can easily dual boot windows and mac mountain lion (I can give you step by step directions takes less than 20 minutes to set up and works flawlessly) you never have to worry about viruses or trojans and do not even have to run anti-virus software.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/3497118382.html that's a great example of what you are looking for, though I wouldn't pay more than $1200 for it. If you can get those specs for $1200 (upgraded hard drive and RAM with an I7 etc) JUMP on it. Being so close to christmas hunt around and you will find one maybe $900 if you're real lucky. Also if you go to look at one call me and I will go through what you need to look for to make sure you don't get ripped off (which I doubt would happen but it's always a possibility)

You will not be happier than as a new macbook pro owner believe me. You will never throw the thing at a wall when you get mad it will literally make you smile every time you look at it regardless of what's going on at the time I promise.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Whatever you get make sure it has a SSD, getting a laptop in 2012 without one is just lol.
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/3497118382.html

what do you think? minus like $200 or so, I think it's slightly overpriced but well worth the money.
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Also China I would ditch the desktop you don't need it, but keep the monitor and get a smaller laptop screen. Like a 13inch mac pro would be great, then when you want to sit down and play just plug your monitor into the macbook the money you get from selling the desktop can go toward buying me a macbook and I will be super happy when I get one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Also China I would ditch the desktop you don't need it, but keep the monitor and get a smaller laptop screen. Like a 13inch mac pro would be great, then when you want to sit down and play just plug your monitor into the macbook the money you get from selling the desktop can go toward buying me a macbook and I will be super happy when I get one.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/3497118382.html

what do you think? minus like $200 or so, I think it's slightly overpriced but well worth the money.
    Looks good to me, with that resolution he can 10 table

Load Metric

-stereo mix
    -decent battery life

For the money used macbook pro will win hands down against anything any retard will post in this thread made by lenovo or some other shit manufacturer.

You want 2011-2012 mac pro do not go older, try to find one that has been upgraded so you end up with like 4gigs RAM and an I7 and you will be very happy. Battery life is second to none (8 hours per charge and it charges in about an hour) and you can easily dual boot windows and mac mountain lion (I can give you step by step directions takes less than 20 minutes to set up and works flawlessly) you never have to worry about viruses or trojans and do not even have to run anti-virus software.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/3497118382.html that's a great example of what you are looking for, though I wouldn't pay more than $1200 for it. If you can get those specs for $1200 (upgraded hard drive and RAM with an I7 etc) JUMP on it. Being so close to christmas hunt around and you will find one maybe $900 if you're real lucky. Also if you go to look at one call me and I will go through what you need to look for to make sure you don't get ripped off (which I doubt would happen but it's always a possibility)

You will not be happier than as a new macbook pro owner believe me. You will never throw the thing at a wall when you get mad it will literally make you smile every time you look at it regardless of what's going on at the time I promise.
    What does he do for a living?

What is generally not compatible on OS X?

Something like this meets your desireshttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834215661

I would strongly consider a 15.6" with great resolution (will be able to see the same amount as you could with a 17") and a SSD.

Load Metric
    You can get a replacement screen for about $50 and replace it yourself. ezgame.
    Last edited by Deal; 12-23-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: never take the 408 option

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I need the desktop for poker. I run 2 large screens and I prefer it over a laptop

Dragons found me some good stuff but a little above what I am looking to spend. I am not on the laptop too often so I want to go as cheap as possible

jasep scored me a nice deal @ best buy for 399 but they sold out

Does anyone know if this would have stereo mix?

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...oid=2000043818

Load Metric
    I need the desktop for poker. I run 2 large screens and I prefer it over a laptop

Dragons found me some good stuff but a little above what I am looking to spend. I am not on the laptop too often so I want to go as cheap as possible

Anything with Realtek audio can have Stereo Mix fyi.

If it doesn't come pre-installed Realtek has a download on their website to enable it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Something like this meets your desireshttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834215661

I would strongly consider a 15.6" with great resolution (will be able to see the same amount as you could with a 17") and a SSD.
    looks cool but out of my price range , I am looking to spend 400ish or less. I am actually typing on an HP 2000 right now that I bought for 300 last year and this has everything I need but I gave this out as a gift. I am looking to get away as cheaply as possible because I use the desktop 95 % of the time

Load Metric

looks cool but out of my price range , I am looking to spend 400ish or less. I am actually typing on an HP 2000 right now that I bought for 300 last year and this has everything I need but I gave this out as a gift. I am looking to get away as cheaply as possible because I use the desktop 95 % of the time

The Toshiba you linked is a classic example of why you should always check and compare prices with customizing.

If you customize that model you can get a free upgrade to 6 gigs of ram and 500 gig hard drive, you have to wait for rebates but it ends up being the exact same price.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The Toshiba you linked is a classic example of why you should always check and compare prices with customizing.

If you customize that model you can get a free upgrade to 6 gigs of ram and 500 gig hard drive, you have to wait for rebates but it ends up being the exact same price.
    Ya but I dont know anything about gigs and ram etc and how to customize and what I would need to do. Would be similar to me trying to build a transmission on a car

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Anything with Realtek audio can have Stereo Mix fyi.

If it doesn't come pre-installed Realtek has a download on their website to enable it.
    Does this one have realtek? I didnt see that it does on the specs

If anyone knows of a cheap laptop 400 or less with the specs I need please link, will drop to a 15.6 too

thanks
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 12-23-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Load Metric
    Does this one have realtek? I didnt see that it does on the specs

If anyone knows of a cheap laptop 400 or less with the specs I need please link, will drop to a 15.6 too

thanks
    This likely can do stereo mix, but nothing in this price range will specify exactly what audio card they have, so you wouldn't know unless you call the store and have them check. It ain't the biggest monitor, but it is 15.6, $300, and in stock in the Cambridge microcenter (open until 9 tonight). Plus, on a nice cold night, like tonight, Memorial Drive and the bridges over the Charles give some of the best views of the city, particularly if stoned or drunk. So there's that angle as well.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/3...-_Glossy_Black
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 12-23-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Thread Information