Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interview with Dutch Boyd

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Owens View Post

Correct. I added them after you couldn't figure it out. Just to be clear. Is that a problem? Are you done busting my balls now?
    I was never busting your balls at all....

You seem to be the one lobbing out jabs, not my fault you were unclear the first time around and everyone thought you were paying for interviews with Dutch Boyd.

In before Willie calls you a fish and Druff calls you from a spoof phone number at 4am

Never heard of Willie and Druff has never called me. Are you making stuff up now? Nice to meet you Jasep. Have heard many things. Im not lobbing out jabs, just exposing the assholes in the poker community. I'm just getting started. I'm sure we will speak again

Load Metric
    Agree on dutch. But I posted the full conversation so they arent the 3 sharpest people on this forum

WTF is wrong with you? Why don't you insult more people?

Nobody has been mean or spiteful towards you. We just didn't totally understand what went on. If you want to be a douchebag about it then, by all means, carry on.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I didn't initially think he paid for an interview with Dutch because that's a pretty unlikely scenario no matter who the interviewer, but OP was confusing enough that it seemed to be a possibility, and it made sense that you would be mad enough to post about it if he did indeed first accept money from you. Of course, its quite clear now, but the whole situation seems like much ado about nothing.

I mean, it's Dutch Boyd spacing on doing a free interview, making some excuses, then you two engaging in some name-calling. You're never going to come out of a public name-calling spat with Dutch looking good (mostly because you are in a public spat with DUTCH BOYD), and your responses to setofKs and jasep in this thread are kind of over the top douchebaggy. Only reason shit wasn't clear in the first place is because you didn't make shit clear, not because others have reading comprehension issues.

When people agree to do shit for you for free, then don't come through, you gain nothing by bad-mouthing them publicly. You just make it a little less likely that the next guy will agree to do anything for you.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I didn't initially think he paid for an interview with Dutch because that's a pretty unlikely scenario no matter who the interviewer, but OP was confusing enough that it seemed to be a possibility, and it made sense that you would be mad enough to post about it if he did indeed first accept money from you. Of course, its quite clear now, but the whole situation seems like much ado about nothing.

I mean, it's Dutch Boyd spacing on doing a free interview, making some excuses, then you two engaging in some name-calling. You're never going to come out of a public name-calling spat with Dutch looking good (mostly because you are in a public spat with DUTCH BOYD), and your responses to setofKs and jasep in this thread are kind of over the top douchebaggy. Only reason shit wasn't clear in the first place is because you didn't make shit clear, not because others have reading comprehension issues.

When people agree to do shit for you for free, then don't come through, you gain nothing by bad-mouthing them publicly. You just make it a little less likely that the next guy will agree to do anything for you.
    This is posted on Dutch's site. I did nothing but copy and paste to here. So its already been made public. You can think what you want. I have nothing against Setofks and jasep. Its just that they didn't notice I posted the full conversation. It is actually about nothing. Its an encounter with some douchebag pro. That I wanted to share. Whats your point Crowe diddy?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Agree on dutch. But I posted the full conversation so they arent the 3 sharpest people on this forum

Nobody has been mean or spiteful towards you. We just didn't totally understand what went on. If you want to be a douchebag about it then, by all means, carry on.
    I didnt insult anyone Hockey guy relax lol. I had no clue who Jasep is or what he was talking about

Load Metric
    Where did you get that Setofks out of this post? You must be an idiot.
    Jasep- Do you get it now? Read the post. Did I ever offer an money? That's our full conversation. I understand some people are slower than others. Its all good tho

Correct. I added them after you couldn't figure it out. Just to be clear. hEY jASEP GET A LIFE

I didnt insult anyone
    Hockey guy relax lol.

Somehow, Dutch is starting to come off as a sympathetic character in this debacle...

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Jasep- Do you get it now? Read the post. Did I ever offer an money? That's our full conversation. I understand some people are slower than others. Its all good tho

Correct. I added them after you couldn't figure it out. Just to be clear. hEY jASEP GET A LIFE

I didnt insult anyone
    Hockey guy relax lol.

Somehow, Dutch is starting to come off as a sympathetic character in this debacle...
    Crowe diddy get a life too

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I didnt insult anyone Hockey guy relax lol. I had no clue who Jasep is or what he was talking about
    Calling people not the sharpest knives in the drawer because you wrote something that was unclear & needed clarification is very insulting.

Most civil people, especially somebody who is supposed to be a professional writer, upon learning there was confusion would post something along these lines:

To clear up any confusion, I did not, nor would I ever, pay somebody, especially Dutch Boyd, for an interview. The email back & forth in the OP was our total correspondence & the only reference to payment was made by him in a sarcastic way. Sorry if there was confusion & I will edit my OP to make it clearer. Thank you for helping expose these scumbags for what they are & I look forward to being part of this fine community.

I don't get pissed at people if they don't understand what I post, I get more upset with myself for not presenting it properly. Regardless of what you think, you presented it very poorly then compounded it by acting like a douchebag.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    DUTCH IS GOD / thread

Load Metric
    I've also interviewed many poker players for written interviews and I find E-Mail is the best way to go; provided you follow these rules:

1) 5-8 questions is best (and several of them should allow for short answers); if you have more than this send them as a 1-2 question follow-up. 10+ written questions is asking way too much of someone, especially when they are likely to be as verbose in their replies as Dutch. I find the fewer questions the better the answers.

2) always offer to let them plug something

3) With poker players you have to be specific, so I usually say something like "no rush, but I like to publish interviews on Mondays" then you can follow-up on Saturday and say "will you have the questions ready for me this week or should I plan on next monday?"

I've only had one terri-bad interview, and I've found most are very prompt (although I typically don't "cold-call" someone, and there is a reason for the interview). Truthfully, how you ask is one of the most important things. Don't take this the wrong way, but you sent a one line request and there is a glaring grammatical error (should be send not sent). I also mention past interviews and link to one or two so they know what they are getting into, and make it clear what the questions will focus on.

My guess is that a couple of the questions rubbed him the wrong way and he was hoping you would just go away if he ignored it.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Platinum
    Load Metric
    worst interview we ever had was clonie...she said to call at a certain time and date and we ended up waking her up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Clonie is a bitch and was least deserving of poker fame of any TV "pros" I saw, but boy was she ever right about Howard Lederer and Chris Ferguson being shady.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Did someone mention Clonie Gowen?

Some things never get old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Those are some great tits.

Great irony reading this after the video above.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Those are some great tits.

Great irony reading this after the video above.
    They are.

This is one story I've never heard a detail on.
    She always seemed nice on TV, she is hotter than most poker players, what did she do to earn such scorn.
    I mean DN hates her, she got the boot from FTP, and I saw druff call her a bitch & rip her poker skills on this thread.
    How did she end up on FTP in the 1st place and why does everyone hate her now?

Load Metric
    OP

so you want something (an interview/material for your blog) for nothing, are insistent on getting it and get bossy in you exchange with Boyd ("get this interview done finally") and then trash him here?

imho, you belong with the likes of Boyd.

Thread Information