Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This Really The First Elvis Presley Thread?

Banned
    Load Metric

Is This Really The First Elvis Presley Thread?

Handsome young singer born in a two room shotgun house in Tupelo, Mississippi makes good.

Great talent who died before reaching his potential.

What's your favorite song or story about Elvis?

In the spirit of the Holidays:

Banned
    Load Metric
    personal favorite story was that memphis mafia member who talked about all the drugs elvis was eating and shooting into his arm and when they'd occasionally awaken him from his slumber they'd shove like 6 hamburgers down his throat, mix it up with some fried bananas and wash it away with some booze.

does anyone actually enjoy elvis? I mean that isn't retarded? Kid just stole n-word music and played it as his own to turn a buck.

Of course STP is completely behind this mong, how else could a sensible person predict it?

green day (everything post dookie), everything kid rock (special shout to the joe c yrs) and now...the legendary....elvis...

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    personal favorite story was that memphis mafia member who talked about all the drugs elvis was eating and shooting into his arm and when they'd occasionally awaken him from his slumber they'd shove like 6 hamburgers down his throat, mix it up with some fried bananas and wash it away with some booze.

does anyone actually enjoy elvis? I mean that isn't retarded? Kid just stole n-word music and played it as his own to turn a buck.

Of course STP is completely behind this mong, how else could a sensible person predict it?

green day (everything post dookie), everything kid rock (special shout to the joe c yrs) and now...the legendary....elvis...
    More needless hate likely fueled by alcohol but shit, if you don't like me or Elvis why come here?

You speak from ignorance.

As early as 1956 Elvis Presley expressed his appreciation and respect for black artists. He did so in the 1950s! If you don't understand the risks he took to do so then you don't understand what America was like when Elvis began his career.

You want to blame Elvis for the racism and prejudice of the 1950s?

It took courage for a young, unknown artist like Elvis Presley to praise earlier black musicians from the 1940s who influenced him. Stop....think of those times......no one did that, but Elvis did. He was always quick to mention (in interviews) black blues artists who influenced him. In fact he took a lot of heat for doing so.

When he started to hit it big, major song charts like Billboard threatened to ban Elvis for playing black music. To his credit Elvis never backed down.

Elvis didn't steal black music. He celebrated it and helped bring it into the mainstream.

He also influenced black performers. Black R&B artist Jackie Wilson said, "A lot of people have accused Elvis of stealing the black man's music, when in fact, almost every black solo entertainer copied their stage mannerisms from Elvis."

Elvis never hid the fact that he was moved by black blues performers like "Big Boy" Crudup and "Big Mama" Thornton. However he also celebrated white country stars like Ernest Tubb and Bill Monroe.

Sure, Elvis was guided by great black musicians who came before him but so what? He always admitted this fact. He was also a unique vocal artist who changed the American cultural landscape.

Who will you attack next, Eminem?

As was said in Elvismania:

Chuck D, a founding father of hip-hop and pop musicologist, said that accepting Elvis, and by extension other white crossover artists, might be easier for black Americans now that black artists are getting more credit and exposure.

Several years ago, the Fox TV network sent him to Graceland to do a black-perspective news story about Elvis. The assignment opened his eyes.

“Elvis had to come through the streets of Memphis and turn out black crowds before he became famous,” Chuck D said. “It wasn’t like he cheated to get there. He was a bad-ass white boy. Just like Eminem is doing today. The thing about today is that Eminem has more respect for black artists and black people and culture today than a lot of black artists themselves. He has a better knowledge where it comes from. Elvis had a great respect for black folk at a time when black folks were considered n-words, and who gave a damn about n-word music?”

More info:

Why I stopped hating Elvis Presley

Banned
    Load Metric
    that was the tilt i was looking for

Name:  20060817195836_tilt-a-whirl-spokane.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  156.3 KB

Name:  tumblr_me60ejyqdT1qfsdbdo1_500.gif
Views: 381
Size:  493.9 KB

easy mark

was fun

thanks stp

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'm a troll
    FYP

Gold
    Load Metric
    I was reading the other day that he is someone who was killed by the govt and the govt replaced him with a doppelgänger. Crazy stuff that's fun to read.

Same thing happened with saddam Hussein and Osama bin laden. These two I definitely believe was the case.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    I am 60 years old and like to argue with people half my age on forums. I'm really old and need attention, my cats can only give me so much.
    FYP
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    You probably could have waited until just before his birthday next month to start this thread.

He's been dead for 35+ years so it's not exactly topical.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    LMAO at "died before reaching his potential".

GET REAL.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Love kook kieth. Still one of the worst live shows I have ever seen.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Always enjoyed this

Load Metric
    I never understood the fascination with Elvis. It seems like the only people who still give a shit about him are old people and white trash.

I suppose beloved 6TP qualifies as both.

How many feet does the law require that you stay away from schools?

Load Metric
    can someone photoshop a daffy duck style mastubrating hand bobbing up and down on him?

Load Metric
    6TP is a fucking idiot, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Elvis is the fucking King.

Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Elvis Stole

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    LMAO at "died before reaching his potential".

GET REAL.

An outrageous, preposterous comment.

Elvis is The King, period.

Load Metric
    I never liked Elvis for the most part, but at the very least he was a MAJOR influence on the Beatles. One might even go as far to say that if there never was an Elvis there never would have been the Beatles, so for that you have to give the guy his due.

"Nothing affected me until I heard Elvis. Without Elvis, there would be no Beatles," John Lennon said.

Elvis was the King.

Load Metric
    The people I bought my house from had over 100k of Elvis shit in the house, and they only thing that stayed is my elvis bartop that has pictures of him his whole life. Not sure if its worth anything to an Elvis freak or not.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

More needless hate likely fueled by alcohol but shit, if you don't like me or Elvis why come here?

You speak from ignorance.

As early as 1956 Elvis Presley expressed his appreciation and respect for black artists. He did so in the 1950s! If you don't understand the risks he took to do so then you don't understand what America was like when Elvis began his career.

You want to blame Elvis for the racism and prejudice of the 1950s?

It took courage for a young, unknown artist like Elvis Presley to praise earlier black musicians from the 1940s who influenced him. Stop....think of those times......no one did that, but Elvis did. He was always quick to mention (in interviews) black blues artists who influenced him. In fact he took a lot of heat for doing so.

When he started to hit it big, major song charts like Billboard threatened to ban Elvis for playing black music. To his credit Elvis never backed down.

Elvis didn't steal black music. He celebrated it and helped bring it into the mainstream.

He also influenced black performers. Black R&B artist Jackie Wilson said, "A lot of people have accused Elvis of stealing the black man's music, when in fact, almost every black solo entertainer copied their stage mannerisms from Elvis."

Elvis never hid the fact that he was moved by black blues performers like "Big Boy" Crudup and "Big Mama" Thornton. However he also celebrated white country stars like Ernest Tubb and Bill Monroe.

Sure, Elvis was guided by great black musicians who came before him but so what? He always admitted this fact. He was also a unique vocal artist who changed the American cultural landscape.

Who will you attack next, Eminem?

As was said in Elvismania:

Chuck D, a founding father of hip-hop and pop musicologist, said that accepting Elvis, and by extension other white crossover artists, might be easier for black Americans now that black artists are getting more credit and exposure.

Several years ago, the Fox TV network sent him to Graceland to do a black-perspective news story about Elvis. The assignment opened his eyes.

“Elvis had to come through the streets of Memphis and turn out black crowds before he became famous,” Chuck D said. “It wasn’t like he cheated to get there. He was a bad-ass white boy. Just like Eminem is doing today. The thing about today is that Eminem has more respect for black artists and black people and culture today than a lot of black artists themselves. He has a better knowledge where it comes from. Elvis had a great respect for black folk at a time when black folks were considered n-words, and who gave a damn about n-word music?”

More info:

Why I stopped hating Elvis Presley

Elvis was a hero to most, but he never meant shit to me hes straight up racist the sucker was simple and plain motherfuck him and John Wayne. Off the top of my head.

Thread Information