Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LOL @ NRA news conference

Bronze
    Load Metric

LOL @ NRA news conference

Heres a link to what the news conference was all about.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/22/us...ools.html?_r=0

Does any NRA member actually agree with any of this.... Kinda reminds me of the ppa but with much deeper pockets. Both trying to help there supporters but do an awful job at it.

Load Metric
    Pretty terrible and laughable. Do they seriously want armed guards at every school? Wow

Gun-free school zones identified by signs, he said, serve only to “tell every insane killer in America that schools are the safest place to effect maximum mayhem with minimum risk.”
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Pretty terrible and laughable. Do they seriously want armed guards at every school? Wow

Gun-free school zones identified by signs, he said, serve only to “tell every insane killer in America that schools are the safest place to effect maximum mayhem with minimum risk.”
    I dont think this is a bad idea of there was a armed guard at sandy hook this stOry would be different

I would be happy to pay 10 bucks per month per child for there security and safety!
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Let's blast the kids with radiation and give them strip searches too. It'll only cost ~$610 billion/year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    I dont think this is a bad idea of there was a armed guard at sandy hook this stOry would be different

!
    lol yeah let's have a police state with an armed guard at every school, hospital, shopping mall. l o fucking l

Funny how the NRA wants big government in our lives as long as they buy a lot of guns

Load Metric
    I mean the NRA massively shit the bed here, likely many of their supporters are not this bat-shit crazy. Wonder how long it will take before this clown gets the boot

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

!
    lol yeah let's have a police state with an armed guard at every school, hospital, shopping mall. l o fucking l

Funny how the NRA wants big government in our lives as long as they buy a lot of guns
    As someone that very much favors small government, it disappoints me how much Republicans seem to love to spend money.

Load Metric
    High Schools and Middle Schools in my local area have had police officers at them for as long as I can remember. They usually have an officer who has some other sort of educational background. The school gets an armed officer, and an instructional aide. It's worked great here, and I don't see any problem with schools across the country doing the same thing. It also helped curb bullying, fighting, smoking (lol), among many other things. Kids seem to behave better with a cop roaming the hallways, imagine that. All schools are different, and it should be left up to the locals to decide if it's necessary. But all you guys freaking out about armed guards in schools are oblivious to the fact that some schools across the country already have them. I can't agree with armed guards who are there just to stand there with a gun on them. This isn't North Korea or China. But if an officer is qualified to have some sort of other function, such as a teaching aide, or assistant, why the fuck not?
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    High Schools and Middle Schools in my local area have had police officers at them for as long as I can remember. They usually have an officer who has some other sort of educational background. The school gets an armed officer, and an instructional aide. It's worked great here, and I don't see any problem with schools across the country doing the same thing. It also helped curb bullying, fighting, smoking (lol), among many other things. Kids seem to behave better with a cop roaming the hallways, imagine that. All schools are different, and it should be left up to the locals to decide if it's necessary. But all you guys freaking out about armed guards in schools are oblivious to the fact that some schools across the country already have them. I can't agree with armed guards who are there just to stand there with a gun on them. This isn't North Korea or China. But if an officer is qualified to have some sort of other function, such as a teaching aide, or assistant, why the fuck not?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    After Columbine, my local JHS had a cop by the main desk and every school should have one.

Soon after kids starting making "hit lists" like those dudes to express their frustration and they were expelled and the school was on alert following those incidents.

You would think that even the threat of such atrocity would have made people more aware but I guess not.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Heres a link to what the news conference was all about.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/22/us...ools.html?_r=0

Does any NRA member actually agree with any of this.... Kinda reminds me of the ppa but with much deeper pockets. Both trying to help there supporters but do an awful job at it.
    It didn't surprise me that the far left New York Times published such a slanted article about that news conference.

The NRA will never be the recipient of fair reporting from the liberal media. That's why Wayne LaPierre did not take questions. However he did give a long statement that addressed school safety, violent video games, mental health issues along with several others.

One can debate whether additional school security should be financed federally or locally but it's difficult to dismiss his demand that school children be protected as federal employees, money, judges, prosecutors, lawyers and other courthouse employees are protected.

Load Metric
    I have lived near a high school for the past 9 years and there has always been a state police car parked in front if it daily. Thought this was the norm already, at least in high schools.

Having cops at elementary schools is a whole lot different, but I don't see why this should be frowned upon. If I were a parent I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable sending my kid there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    After Columbine, my local JHS had a cop by the main desk and every school should have one.
    I found out this morning that Columbine HS had an armed guard at the door who exchanged fire with one of the killers. So that's clearly not the entire solution.

I love how the NRA's official positions include-

a) We all need guns to protect us from the evil, fascist government.

b) The government should hire 100,000 more people and arm them.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Blame the guns! Blame the ass burgers! Blame the viddya games! Blame the politicians! We must blame SOMETHING!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    I have lived near a high school for the past 9 years and there has always been a state police car parked in front if it daily. Thought this was the norm already, at least in high schools.

Having cops at elementary schools is a whole lot different, but I don't see why this should be frowned upon. If I were a parent I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable sending my kid there.
    AS a fiscal conservative I would frown upon it. Sad how liberal the NRA has become.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    It is only laughable because they are talking about doing this in the nice white schools in the nice white neighborhoods where the "mass shootings" occur. Nobody in the media has given two shits about the armed security and police that have been in the black and hispanic dominated inner city school systems for the past 3+ decades.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    I found out this morning that Columbine HS had an armed guard at the door who exchanged fire with one of the killers. So that's clearly not the entire solution.

I love how the NRA's official positions include-

a) We all need guns to protect us from the evil, fascist government.

b) The government should hire 100,000 more people and arm them.
    The left is jumping all over the fact that there was an armed cop on site as the Columbine tragedy unfolded. It's difficult to understand their logic.

Is DirtyB arguing that the Columbine armed guard should have been unarmed?

In that incident the cop had a small pistol and did briefly exchange fire before realizing he was outgunned. The young criminals had a TEC-9 semi-automatic, two 12 gauge shotguns and a high powered rifle. The cop escaped and called for help.

From a crime that occurred almost 15 years ago, DirtyB and others would have you believe employing trained armed guards to protect innocent children won't work. Like most liberal arguments it's specious if not foolish.

Correct logic and Columbine history shows that if innocent school children are to be protected by armed guards, such police must be properly trained and armed with adequate firepower to combat the evil doers.

To be fair, unlike many liberals DirtyB did say having an armed guard is not the entire solution. He just can't bring himself to admit that any such guard must be a professionally trained policeman with a powerful weapon.

DirtyB is a far left liberal soaked in Moonbat nonsense. He can't help himself. Hopefully as he matures he will understand how wrong he has been. Most liberals do.

The following quote has been attributed to different people but it's appropriate here.

"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain."

As far as his comments about the NRA's 'official positions'...that is hyperbole and he's knows it.

DirtyB is actually knowledgeable about and proficient with several varieties of guns, including shotguns.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Blame the guns! Blame the ass burgers! Blame the viddya games! Blame the politicians! We must blame SOMETHING!

We need more people like Penn talking. He will debunk myths and tell the truth on subjects that people dislike hearing.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

What a great video!

I have watched, enjoyed and respected Penn Jillette since he appeared on the scene.

Post Newtown tragedy, he is an island of common sense in a sea of misinformation and emotional claptrap.

I agree with him completely.

Some here label me a Republican. I'm not. Years ago I was a registered Democrat until I wised up. I despise both parties.

I'm whatever Penn Jillette is. I'm a Penn Jilletter through and through except I believe in God and that wise man is an atheist.

P.S. For those who don't know, the woman on the viewer's far left is long time NYC TV market anchorwoman Sue Simmons. IMO she's always been a competent talking head but she has suffered several on air gaffes.

Hit my tittie.

Last edited by SixToedPete; 12-21-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Load Metric
    Listen 6toe -

There is literally not a single person on this website who takes you seriously at all. You have a pea rattling inside that senile head of yours, and you are a fan of Green Day (but only the recent stuff) and Kid Rock

Thread Information