Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger - Hero Poker going off Merge tonight

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger - Hero Poker going off Merge tonight

I just wanted to post here to say thank you to DanDruff and all of the old school DD'ers and members,

Hero Poker will be going offline on the Merge network tonight Dec 20th,
    all player funds are secure with Merge and players will get instructions on how to transfer their accounts;
    I have gotten confirmation that VIP points and tournament coupons will be transferred to the new 'Merge preferred partners'.

But all Hero Players will be staying on Merge.

So this is the best for players, considering the how things have turned out, and Merge is putting the player's first,
    so for that I'm thankful as well.

While I know the title of this point will get some typical responses,
    I want to say that, I have learned so much from this community on so many levels.

While I will post more later, for the moment, I just wanted to post here and say,

sincerely thank you for your support of Hero Poker on the Merge network, it has been a fucking crazy time.

I do want to shout out to Drexel and Micon, while I haven't followed what has been going on since the split, in my mind, always, it is one of those movie golden flash backs where all was perfect in the world when Druff, Drexel and Micon the Icon were rocking the freeworld on so many levels. Thank you gents and thank you old'schoolers, you know who you are.

Best,
    David Jung
    Hero Poker CEO

Platinum
    Load Metric
    so Hero is going out of business or just off Merge...and what site would I be playing on if I try to log onto Hero?

Load Metric
    Go on PFA radio next week?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    so Hero is going out of business or just off Merge...and what site would I be playing on if I try to log onto Hero?
    Yeah I am confused about this as well little clarification HeroCEO?

Load Metric
    dave is god

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Hero is gone, and everything you had/have on Hero will be transferred to another Merge Network skin, say Carbon or whatever. For the immediate future, HeroPoker will cease entirely, for our purposes, anyway.

From the hatesite 4:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero Poker CEO
    ***CEO UPDATE***

Hero Players,

Tonight, Thursday Dec 20th a couple of hours before 00:00 server time,
    Hero Poker will be transferring all players to the 'preferred Merge partners'.

Your player funds are secure with Merge Gaming and the transfer should be relatively painless.

In terms of player VIP points and coupons, I have received confirmation that VIP point balances and tournament tickets will be transfer to your new accounts.

You do not need the client to get access to your funds as you will be able to transfer your account via a weblink, which I will be posting once the client has been disabled tonight. But for those with the client, they will be prompted with a message screen to that effect.

I will be doing an additional write up once the player transfer is underway and I will continue to be active in our Hero thread for this process, but unfortunately my ability to assist will be very limited as we will no longer be part of the Merge network.

Hero players will once again have access to all MTTs guarantees and a host of new payment processing options, so given the current business environment, we hope that this will be the best situation for the majority of players.

I do want to thank the Merge gaming management for making this transition as smooth as possible as it has been clear that it has been both Hero's and Merge's priority to ensure that the players are well taken care of.

I expect to do a full update within in the next couple of days on where Hero is going, but for the moment, I'd like to focus on ensuring that our existing players are able to transition properly.

I know that this may be a disappointment for many of players who have been with us through some very dramatic times, but please give me the benefit of the doubt that this was for the best and that this was the best course of action for our current players. I'm sure this will be clearer in the coming days.

While I'll save my own personal statement on all of this later, again, I'd like to be clear about 2 things right now. Simply put, Hero and Merge weren't going the same direction any longer and it just didn't make sense on both sides to continue, sometimes in business and most times in life, things work out like this, but again, the priority has been the players and in this respect, Merge has put the players first in this transition process as well, so I'm thankful for that.

Secondly, words cannot express my appreciation, thanks, and deepest respect to all of our Hero Poker players. The last couple of years have been life changing for me as we have all shared some extremely 'unique' times being caught up in huge industry forces which have changed virtually everything. I think we are still in that period and as I've always said, nothing really has changed - in terms of the conditions that dictate our playing environment- except that it all has changed. Coming to this point has been only possible with the sincere support, and confidence of our players. I truly know how hard it has been to get to this point, from our players perspective and of course from being on the front lines of it. Because of that, this moment, this time, will forever be something that I will cherish because of what was shared. To that end, when the final decision was made to go this way, even though I had prepared for it for the last 3 months, the last week has been one where I've been 'blue', simply at the fact that it is time to move to the next steps. And while some of you have stories, I can't help but think of all of the stories and all the moments and I think it's only natural to feel a bit 'blue' because it was worth so much.

Poker is a competition, and with all competitions there are winners and losers, and it is easy to just get lost in that, but I think for the type of players that have played with Hero Poker, I think what has all bound us together is simply the love of the game. For this and all your support, I have learned, been humbled and am forever grateful for your support in Hero Poker on Merge.

For my own life, I've just wanted to know that in what I do, I'm the best or can be the best at what I do and again, I thank you for the opportunity to have shared your time on this particular leg of the journey. It isn't over yet, simply getting started, but for the next couple of days, I will enjoy what has been accomplished and shared.

Sincerely,
    David Jung
    Hero Poker CEO
    Dec 20th, 2012
    Thanks for being awesome to us, Dave. If we can support you in the future, let us know. We hope to see your future endeavors on Terrence Chan's fight shorts again soon.

Load Metric
    Damned Mayans.

Load Metric
    thanks for always being a straight shooter dave

and at least now you can touch US soil and have a drink with yEBSITE

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Hero is gone, and everything you had/have on Hero will be transferred to another Merge Network skin, say Carbon or whatever. For the immediate future, HeroPoker will cease entirely, for our purposes, anyway.

From the hatesite 4:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero Poker CEO
    ***CEO UPDATE***

Hero Players,

Tonight, Thursday Dec 20th a couple of hours before 00:00 server time,
    Hero Poker will be transferring all players to the 'preferred Merge partners'.

Your player funds are secure with Merge Gaming and the transfer should be relatively painless.

In terms of player VIP points and coupons, I have received confirmation that VIP point balances and tournament tickets will be transfer to your new accounts.

You do not need the client to get access to your funds as you will be able to transfer your account via a weblink, which I will be posting once the client has been disabled tonight. But for those with the client, they will be prompted with a message screen to that effect.

I will be doing an additional write up once the player transfer is underway and I will continue to be active in our Hero thread for this process, but unfortunately my ability to assist will be very limited as we will no longer be part of the Merge network.

Hero players will once again have access to all MTTs guarantees and a host of new payment processing options, so given the current business environment, we hope that this will be the best situation for the majority of players.

I do want to thank the Merge gaming management for making this transition as smooth as possible as it has been clear that it has been both Hero's and Merge's priority to ensure that the players are well taken care of.

I expect to do a full update within in the next couple of days on where Hero is going, but for the moment, I'd like to focus on ensuring that our existing players are able to transition properly.

I know that this may be a disappointment for many of players who have been with us through some very dramatic times, but please give me the benefit of the doubt that this was for the best and that this was the best course of action for our current players. I'm sure this will be clearer in the coming days.

While I'll save my own personal statement on all of this later, again, I'd like to be clear about 2 things right now. Simply put, Hero and Merge weren't going the same direction any longer and it just didn't make sense on both sides to continue, sometimes in business and most times in life, things work out like this, but again, the priority has been the players and in this respect, Merge has put the players first in this transition process as well, so I'm thankful for that.

Secondly, words cannot express my appreciation, thanks, and deepest respect to all of our Hero Poker players. The last couple of years have been life changing for me as we have all shared some extremely 'unique' times being caught up in huge industry forces which have changed virtually everything. I think we are still in that period and as I've always said, nothing really has changed - in terms of the conditions that dictate our playing environment- except that it all has changed. Coming to this point has been only possible with the sincere support, and confidence of our players. I truly know how hard it has been to get to this point, from our players perspective and of course from being on the front lines of it. Because of that, this moment, this time, will forever be something that I will cherish because of what was shared. To that end, when the final decision was made to go this way, even though I had prepared for it for the last 3 months, the last week has been one where I've been 'blue', simply at the fact that it is time to move to the next steps. And while some of you have stories, I can't help but think of all of the stories and all the moments and I think it's only natural to feel a bit 'blue' because it was worth so much.

Poker is a competition, and with all competitions there are winners and losers, and it is easy to just get lost in that, but I think for the type of players that have played with Hero Poker, I think what has all bound us together is simply the love of the game. For this and all your support, I have learned, been humbled and am forever grateful for your support in Hero Poker on Merge.

For my own life, I've just wanted to know that in what I do, I'm the best or can be the best at what I do and again, I thank you for the opportunity to have shared your time on this particular leg of the journey. It isn't over yet, simply getting started, but for the next couple of days, I will enjoy what has been accomplished and shared.

Sincerely,
    David Jung
    Hero Poker CEO
    Dec 20th, 2012
    Thanks for being awesome to us, Dave. If we can support you in the future, let us know. We hope to see your future endeavors on Terrence Chan's fight shorts again soon.
    this:

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    thanks for always being a straight shooter dave

and at least now you can touch US soil and have a drink with yEBSITE
    this:

"Dear Players,

HeroPoker will be going offline on the Merge Poker network this evening, Dec 20th, 2012. Your player funds are secure with the Merge Gaming network. While your player balances will be transferred to a new partner site, your VIP points and tournament tickets may not be as it is still a point of contention. We would highly recommend that you enter into the client now and exchange your existing VIP points to cash, insofar as much as you can.
    Hero Poker will be relaunching on a new network for early 2013, but it was decided that this was the best course of action for existing players to enjoy the full tournament MTT guarantees and more payment processing options.

Sincerely

David, Hero Poker CEO"

from this email Dave sent it sounds like he is trying to hookup with another network

GL DAVE!

Load Metric

godspeed heroceo

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

I always felt like Dave was way nicer to the DD and PFA crowd that what we really deserved tbh. I especially liked the fact that he would reply personally when I had questions about m rakeback.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    you wont be able to log in. You will need to move everything to a new skin.

Load Metric
    You will go down in poker history with the best room motto "Hero fucking poker: Go fuck your mom"

Seriously though, Dave i wish you good luck, you seem like an honest and intelligent guy, someone i'd definetley want working with any site i'd play on.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    i can get into hero matter of fact im in right now, i think midnight eastern time it will shut down..my first question is is it safe to assume if your in the middle of a mttt you will be able to finish it should it run past that time? second question what are the other most "reputable "merge skins? question3 are the mtt schedules the same on the other skins? 4th and final can we just cash out before midnight?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badbilly32 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    i can get into hero matter of fact im in right now, i think midnight eastern time it will shut down..my first question is is it safe to assume if your in the middle of a mttt you will be able to finish it should it run past that time? second question what are the other most "reputable "merge skins? question3 are the mtt schedules the same on the other skins? 4th and final can we just cash out before midnight?
    They probably won't cut you out of an MTT, if you are logged in there would be no problem most likely , they just wont accept new logins I would imagine

RPM just got nuked last week as well and they had those players move to Carbon, SB Players only or aced

You will have a better schedule on a new skin because they will have the Maximus series which BCP RPM and Hero did not carry this december

I would hold off on a cashout until u hit a new skin, cashouts will prob get cancelled and u will have to request on new skin

Bronze
    Load Metric
    shout out to dave, id like to personally say thank you! the couple times i did need support/customer service you personally handled my issues yourself and in a same day timely manner! this is the only site ive played on since black friday and i will miss it and its customer service

32badbiilly32

Bronze
    Load Metric
    now im on a roll what about if we have rakeback?

Load Metric
    I'm guessing that Hero will be on the WPN next month.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badbilly32 View Post
    now im on a roll what about if we have rakeback?
    it will get moved

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    I'm guessing that Hero will be on the WPN next month.
    From my understanding they are not going anywhere, their player base is just getting moved to the "merge based " skins

Thread Information