View Poll Results: If Zynga were to offer Real Money Poker in the US would you play?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell YES Fish city with all those noobs

5 50.00%
  • Zynga Poker is a joke why would I bother

1 10.00%
  • I might try it

2 20.00%
  • I dont play online/will never play online again

2 20.00%

Thread: Breaking: Zygna partners with Bwin

Load Metric

Breaking: Zygna partners with Bwin

HUGE news imo. We are talking about Zygna the number one liked facebook page of all time and 30 million free to play users a month. Need I say more?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/zyn...-uk-2012-10-24

Load Metric
    breaking:

ryland has bushy eyebrows and is GOD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is interesting, but it doesn't affect US players until it's legalized here, which could be a long time away.

I never understood the appeal of Zynga poker, by the way. The players there are mind-bogglingly bad to where it's not even fun.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This is interesting, but it doesn't affect US players until it's legalized here, which could be a long time away.

I never understood the appeal of Zynga poker, by the way. The players there are mind-bogglingly bad to where it's not even fun.
    50% chance of federal level legislation to pass this lame duck session of congress. Zygna acting on this in the UK is huge because it pretty much is certain they will tap into the usa market when called for as well then.

Load Metric

2:40 pretty much explains it all

Load Metric
    I remember PH saying if Zynga got into the poker game it would mean serious competition for PS and FTP. Well if Zyngas setting up real money poker this could be huge for potential online poker in the USA because Zynga unlike PS and FTP would have no issues related to UIGEA and could potentially offer a reasonable client right off the bat (assuming they get any initial bugs worked out through there start up with BWIN/PP fairly quickly I would assume).

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/zyn...-uk-2012-10-24
    Last edited by ftpjesus; 10-25-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: forgot the link

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    ZNGA popped on earnings Wednesday, but has trickled down ever since, even with this news.

Load Metric
    Zynga are complete data-grubbing whores and will sell off every last bit of personal info they get from you. They have zero shame when it comes to this. Their owner openly admits this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Zynga are complete data-grubbing whores and will sell off every last bit of personal info they get from you. They have zero shame when it comes to this. Their owner openly admits this.

I hate them.

Remember when you would see friends on Facebook with auto-posts like these:

"A cow has wandered away from her farm and is lost. She feels very lonely and is a bit sad. Can you help find her a home?"

"A black sheep is lost. She has always been different from the rest and has never fit in with other sheep, and is very sad."

Messages like these were carefully constructed by psychologists hired by Zynga in order to "hook" new people into Farmville. They worked great, as people (especially women) identified with the lost cow the same way they would a lost child, and the black sheep appealed to almost everyone's feeling of being "different" or not fitting in at some point in their lives.

I am not faulting Zynga for engaging in effective marketing tactics, but it always bothered me that these were forced on my Facebook feed (until I could later block them) in an attempt to manipulate me.

Load Metric
    http://techcrunch.com/2012/10/28/ano...eak-documents/

Anonymous Is Going After Zynga For Mistreating Employees, It Has Leaked Confidential Documents And Games
    DREW OLANOFF
    posted 15 mins ago

As you know, gaming company Zynga laid off employees last week and shut down a few of its offices right before its quarterly earnings call. Well, Zynga has pissed off the online group Anonymous, and it’s quite serious. Here’s a video just released by them, discussing exactly what it plans to do and why:

Here’s a transcript of the video:

Zynga customers and Facebook users , We are anonymous . During the last few days anonymous has been targeting Zynga for the outrageous treatment of their employees and their actions against many developers .

We have come to believe that this actions of Zynga will result in massive layoff of a thousand people and legal actions against everyone that speaks to the public about this plan.

It will also come to end of the US game market as we know it as all this jobs will be replaced in other more convenient financial countries.

With a billion dollars cash sitting in a bank we do believe that such actions are an insult to the population and the behaviour of corporations like Zynga must change.

Anonymous could not allow this to happen so it’s starting to release confidential documents we have leaked on this plan

As we speak we are planning to release also all the games we’ve taken from their servers for free.

That being said we will stop the idea of the distribution of such games if Zynga will cease immediately the plan.

The leaked strategy of Zynga , transcript:

Following the preliminary announced of this week the final strategy for the next two quarters has been successfully set to delivery by november 23 an additional but of 800 jobs with further raising of new capital from the market to support businesses.

We’ve identified our global gambling strategy with bwin.party and as we speak discussions are progressing with a partner to cover the US market.

Work is focused and on-going to completely outsource our development teams in our offices in Bangalore , India to hedge our position in the long term.

We’ve identified key new products from third parties such as Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime , Shove Prod and Music Invaders in which we are starting business contacts to buy these IP for transaction value of approximately 20 million.

We strongly believe we will conclude these deals this month and compete with this titles against mobile competitors with ease.

Our business continues to evolve and we must evolve with it. We operate in a exciting and challenging industry and I am very pleased that our senior leadership team continue to strengthen and develop with us.

Here are the documents it mentions:

http://www.multiupload.nl/DELBKM7I2I mazyngaop_docs.zip (36.41 MB)
    http://www.multiupload.nl/WV48I345JM ANON_MA_ZYNGA.7z (412.59 MB)

The files have been removed for “copyright infringement” already, and have reached out to Zynga for comment.

Anonymous isn’t playing around, and we’ll keep tracking this story for you.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Zynga are pretty dreadful. But people lose their jobs all the time. Software work is often offshored, usually with pretty poor results. Good developers should have 0.0 problems getting a new job.

This seems a very odd cause for Anonymous to take up, unless as 4dragons suggests in the other thread, that a bunch of them are involved with Zynga. As for holding their games as ransom, this is just good old fashioned theft.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Update : Zygna has now applied for a license in Nevada!

Thread Information