Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it dead in here since Jewdonk was banned?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    Make a Jewdonk forum imo, and restrict Jewdonk's posts to said forum
    That would mean he could not contribute two threads in other forums, like "Flying Stupidity" etc., even if he has something of substance to contribute. This is why the "posting restriction" (5 posts/day) was a good idea. If he has something worthwhile to say, post it, otherwise avoid the trolling and feeding the trolls. But, as soon as the "posting restriction" punishment was announced, he flipped the f out and went on a posting rampage under other names. Under those circumstances, a ban seemed appropriate, imo.

It's funny how so many people want him back -- has HE even expressed an interest in coming back at this point??

First off, Marty will never accept restrictions. He already proved that with the posting limit. He wants to be where the action is, and wants to post as much as he feels like.

When Marty first showed up here, he was a good poster. This lasted only a few days, but his posts were initially so toned-down that it took a little while to figure out that he was even here (since he was posting under a new name).

However, predictably, Marty freaked out and went back to his old ways.

This occurred for several reasons:

1) He always has to be the center of attention, and will keep posting more and more until he is.

2) He developed a weird obsession with being seen as the vBulletin expert that has ridden in on his white horse to save me from my technical bumbling. He wrote countless messages -- both public and private -- chiding me for not knowing what I'm doing, and telling me to accept his "help". If I didn't respond, I got another message telling me that he was expecting a response to the previous one. It got to the point that I couldn't even announce a new upgrade or feature without him taking over the thread and claiming he could have done the same thing in 2 minutes.

3) He has trolls that will start up with him whenever he posts something objectionable, and he always comes back at them with a long essay full of fire. This turns the board into a big troll-fest -- something I didn't want.

4) He was a troll himself. He would show up in threads where there was no form of arguing and pick fights with people -- both his regular enemies as well as random people such as 408Mike that weren't even doing anything to him.

The basic problem is that you can't just unban Marty and take the good things he has to offer, while somehow squeezing out the bad. It's impossible. When you have Marty on your forum, you get all of him -- the good content and the entertaining diatribes, but also the annoying domination of the forum, manic behavior, ruining of threads, and bipolar/narcissistic tendencies.

This forum doesn't have a huge userbase (I hope it will improve over time, and I am going to keep promoting this place wherever I can), so it will have periods that aren't as active, especially when I'm not as actively posting. Also, new forums usually suffer from this after the initial "pop" of people joining and making their first few posts. DD was a complete ghost town after its first few weeks, but it recovered -- at least until last summer when all of the upheaval occurred.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Or is it just me? I'm in the process of packing up an entire house right now, so not too much time to contribute. I just noticed there's nothing to read the past few days. Might be unrelated to Jewdonk, but hmmm
    its just you I think. I havent noticed much of a difference

All he does is regurgitate the same shit over and over again. How many times has he posted the same "content" about his life. Nothing new ever happens with that faggot anyway. Let him RIP.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Marty can be value, but not the same old crap 20 times a day, in near enough every thread.
    Agree entirely, also he is the only person on the internet that makes me go from wanting to give him a manly brofist to wishing he gets aids all in the space of a single thread.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Marty not posting has been a huge loss to this forum.
    He was always passionate and opinionated. He was a great writer too.
    His ban should be lifted immediately and all of his trolls should be banned instead of him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain39 View Post
    Marty not posting has been a huge loss to this forum.
    He was always passionate and opinionated. He was a great writer too.
    His ban should be lifted immediately and all of his trolls should be banned instead of him.
    You're goddamn right.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I just don't fucking understand how people can get so upset over stuff on an internet forum.

If Marty is posting shit just ignore it. It's pretty easy.

Although I would have to admit if I ran a forum he posted on I would ban him daily/hourly and post restrict him just for the lolz.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DropKick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Marty can be value, but not the same old crap 20 times a day, in near enough every thread.
    Agree entirely, also he is the only person on the internet that makes me go from wanting to give him a manly brofist to wishing he gets aids all in the space of a single thread.
    There has to be a happy medium.

Like this thread started by Marty was quality, except for the part about why start this website, ( I firmly believe poker and cheating go hand in hand), I related and agreed w/ most everything else he said.
    Then people rip him, he gets pissed, next thing you know he gets banned…………………I just feel like he is really trying, and just gets de-railed.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ESPECT-TO-TODD

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    There have only been 5 posts at DD in the last 6 hours and one of them was a haterade gif post by Micon who was getting ripped on by willie. This place is already rolling past DD.

Load Metric
    I feel like Marty is +ev for the site. You have to take the good with the bad though.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie72 View Post
    I feel like Marty is +ev for the site. You have to take the good with the bad though.

I prefer the forum with Marty, but I certainly understand the criticisms. Druff does have a good handle on the situation, and I'm sure he knew Marty would react exactly as he did when he was post restricted.

Time for Druff to bury the hatchet with MWH and Been as well IMO.

Forgiveness is good for the soul.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Tyde brings the hits.

Load Metric
    Tyde can provide some good content and, quite honestly, someone who is available to post on the forums nearly 24/7/365. But his presence on a forum drives to a lot of pissing contests and flame wars. You can't just let him and his "butt sniffers" run around the forum for the sake of having content on the site and then simply get rid of that type of interaction.

Having him here will add more posts per day but it also creates an environment that Druff doesn't want for this site.

Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Yep, Jewdonk was the nutz. Fuck Todd and his lil pack of douchebags.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    hey

i done be needin to talk to jewdonk - yall show some suport so dandruff will done let me talk to jewdonk on the next show - i done got some reasonin i needin to do with old jewdy

slim t

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Maybe we could get him back on to post your nudes? that would liven the place up a bit eh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

this
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

this

Cubic Zirconia