Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blair Rodman, Chris Levick, Kathy Liebert and Bruce Buffer apparently involved in scam training site

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    To Blair Rodman and Chris Levick- The scam here is that not all players were paid back and that poker training was never really offered. Most players signed up to this site for training. If there's no real training isn't that a scam? You called it a "Academy" to indicate that they would learn something. What the hell did they learn?? I will tell you. Not to trust Blair Rodman, Chris Levick, and Mike Helm. I honestly don't care when this pyramid scheme took place. The fact is it did

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Ok Mike,

You seem to have a problem answering simple questions. I don't recall ever seeing that email, or agreeing to do an interview with you. The only one I can find who I talked to abut interviews was Mark Hoke. I assume you're not connected to him. Maybe I did get it, but my memory isn't what it used to be, so I'll ask again---where did you send the email? Direct me to an email where I agreed to do an interview?

And then let's move on to the other questions you avoided:

You say all the facts were checked. Ok, tell me how you checked these things you present as facts:

-The site was taking money from poker players for years: Show me just one instance where the site took money from any player outside of July and August, 2011.

-The site was a casualty of Black Friday: Prove to me that the site was operational before April, 15. 2011.

-We already decided you were wrong about it being $25 and that it wasn't for training.

-You say you believe the site was launched in Jan or Feb of 2012, being directly affected by BF: That's not even close.

-You say people were never told what they would get for their $15: They were told exactly what the money was for, and that they didn't have to pay it to sign up.

-You say everybody trusted Mike Helm to repay people: I took care of my people myself, and I'm quite sure others did also.

-You say you know people who were wronged by the site. Have them come on here and tell their story.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    The things that pisses me off about this whole thing is that I had absolutely nothing to do with the founding or management of this company. I never received a dollar from it. I was simply hired, along with the other named pros, to appear in the video and help promote the company. In fact, I spent a lot of time, allowed my name and image to be used, used up some personal scrip with my friends, and never got paid as I was promised. If anybody should be upset with the PPA it should be me!

And yet, mine is the lead name in the title of the thread that leads people to think that I was implicit in a scam. It's misleading and damaging to me. This is what I find offensive. I also hurts the credibility of this website, which claims to be the watchdog of the industry, yet seems to revel in smear tactics.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair Rodman View Post
    The things that pisses me off about this whole thing is that I had absolutely nothing to do with the founding or management of this company. I never received a dollar from it. I was simply hired, along with the other named pros, to appear in the video and help promote the company. In fact, I spent a lot of time, allowed my name and image to be used, used up some personal scrip with my friends, and never got paid as I was promised. If anybody should be upset with the PPA it should be me!

And yet, mine is the lead name in the title of the thread that leads people to think that I was implicit in a scam. It's misleading and damaging to me. This is what I find offensive. I also hurts the credibility of this website, which claims to be the watchdog of the industry, yet seems to revel in smear tactics.
    Don't you still play golf with Russ Hamilton?

Can you let us in on any online poker cheating scandal discussions you've enjoyed on the back nine or will you deny that the subject ever came up?

Does Russ still keep that glob of Vaseline on his golf cart?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    TODD IS DOMINATING this thread

Need Rodman to answer more on Russ and golfing, do you seriously still hang around with this scumbag thief?
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 12-22-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Load Metric

Read the bolded parts in order. You were hired to promote the company & allowed your name & image to be used. The fact you didn't get paid is irrelavent to the discussion.

You then go on to say "If anybody should be upset with the PPA it should be me!" A truer statement has not been uttered in this thread. That's exactly who you should be upset with. They are the ones responsible for dragging your name through the mud.

It looks like absolutely nothing was done after July 2011, when the company ceased operations, to ensure ALL the players were repaid their $15. Don't give us this smokescreen that you took care of the 20 or so you were personally responsible for because that is again irrelavent. You were admittedly one of the faces of the company & hold some responsibility to attempt to do something when it failed to ensure "investors" are reimbursed. After all, you had to have realized it might affect you as one of the faces of the company. If you had not realized it, then I guess you do now.

Did you even talk to Helms after it was apparent that this was going to fail & come up with a plan that would get all the "investors" paid back , if yes, was it followed up on to make sure it was done? If the answer was no to either, then you failed to protect your "good name" & I would suggest leaving message boards trying to claim you are somehow being defamed & get together with the other principles in this & sort it out.

In the meantime, I would be in favour of removing most of the names & the word scam from the title of this thread but you & everyone else involved should show you're doing something to make this right. Up until this thread happened it looks like absolutely nothing was done nor would anything have been done. You can't actually believe all the investors were given the oppurtunity to be repaid. That much is painfully obvious.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I think Blair Rodman is learning a valuable lesson.....

You lie down with dogs, you get fleas

Even if you had zero to do with this particular scam, your choice of who to associate with will tarnish your reputation and you will never be given the benefit of the doubt.

You hang out with a known thief and scumbag who is responsible for one of the biggest crimes against poker players in the history of the game and you can expect that when your name gets thrown around everyone is convinced you to have some involvement.

At minimum you make horrible, disgusting decisions in your personal relationships... At maximum, you are a fellow scumbag thief...

either way

:whofuckingcares

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Name:  th.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  5.3 KB

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

The mission statement of your site is pretty scary. You're saying anyone can come on here and level charges against anyone, and the accused is welcome on here and defend themselves. You think the person who saw my name somewhere on the net is going to find this site and read my response?

What if I posted somewhere that "Todd Wittles was seen holding out cards at the Rio", and it was seen by thousands of people? It would be true in the sense that I'm sure you held out cards in the process of mucking or showing a hand. You could find where it was posted and go there and deny it, but the damage would be done. It's easy to smear someone these days.

You promoted a site that scammed players out of a minimal amount of money and you have the audacity to still hang out with Russ Hamilton. Nobody is smearing your name. You're smearing it yourself. Thanks to Druff and this site honest players in the poker world know to stay away from anything you touch. Who knows your next venture might be bankrolled by Hamilton? If so I'm sure it won't run out of funding. Keep up the good work Mr. Druff. Your take on things seems to be continually spot on. And let me give YOU a piece of advice Mr. Blair Rodman. If you want to sell football memorabilia you don't win over the community by hanging around with OJ. Hamilton is our OJ.
    Last edited by Rob999; 12-22-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If Blair Rodman is still tight with Russ Hamilton , I wonder if he helped him cheat back in the day on UB or if he was ever approached about cheating. Did he play on UB ?

If Blair is friends with with Russ I would assume he at least had a UB acc

If Rodman is still hanging with Hamilton I would suspect he was never cheated

So if he did have a UB acc then there is a lot to speculate on based on their current friendship
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 12-22-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I've gone to golf events for the past 20 years with the same large group of guys. Russ Hamilton occasionally shows up. That's the extent of our relationship.

Load Metric
    I've gone to golf events for the past 20 years with the same large group of guys. Russ Hamilton occasionally shows up. That's the extent of our relationship.
    That's the extent of your relationship? You've clearly had some sort of relationship with the guy going back to the UBT at the latest. I could be wrong, as its been a while since I was current with my Russ history knowledge, but wasn't it most likely blackjack that brought you guys together in the first place?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Next time he turns up at a golf event, tell the filthy fat cheating thieving scumbag to gtfo.

Then report back here, and you'll move a step closer to PFA redemption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm still wondering why the simplest of things hasn't been done:

All 235 people e-mailed with instructions on how to claim their $15 back.

If you don't have the e-mail list, why haven't you contacted Mike Helm to get it?

And if Helm refused to give the list, why not publicize all of his info and call him a scammer?

Load Metric
    Finkelstein's gonna have to make a call to mr helm, IMO.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

I played in a high stakes game years and years ago(probably 20) with Russ Hamilton, Scotty Nguyen, and Mike Matusow among others in Reno, Nevada. I still remember Russ talking about a golf tourney he was running for poker players and it was a yearly thing. So don't try and come off like it's a strange occurrence when you see Russ show up at one of these events. He's practically the founding father of poker player outings on the golf course. Sad to see that he's still welcomed with open arms by the community he has robbed millions. Also these outings are planned over an extent of time and the guest list is pretty much known. The poker community talks to each other. I'll guarantee that Matusow and Hamilton or Hamilton and Prahlad Friedman aren't playing in the same tournament. Plus Russ was always a charismatic guy. That fat bastard isn't sneaking around all quietly at these tournaments. He's probably running games like "Pin the tail on the donkey I cheated the most out of" after dinner and holding court. Don't pretend he's as noticeable as the furniture.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LevDogs View Post

Helm had specific propriety software that he had developed in a previous venture that was to be introduced and was the catalyst for the business becoming a referral style business. It was his business, his concept and his software, he had previous experience in this type of selling and that was always going to be the sales method.
    I'd like to know more about this previous business. I'm sure you questioned him about it if he stated he was using the same software/philosophy. What was the 'product'? Who lent their name to it? How did it turn out?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Is this the Mike Helm? Since it's a 702 area code and he gives an email address to "learn more", maybe somebody can email him and ask for the email addresses for the people to get paid back from his other scheme....if it's him? Site is www.mikehelm.com
    Last edited by Rob999; 12-25-2012 at 07:54 AM.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob999 View Post
    Is this the Mike Helm? Since it's a 702 area code and he gives an email address to "learn more", maybe somebody can email him and ask for the email addresses for the people to get paid back from his other scheme....if it's him? Site is www.mikehelm.com
    Whois details:

HELM, MIKE mikehelm@gmail.com
    20613 145th St
    Langley, BC V2Y 2Y4
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    no surprise to see Rodman vanish when Russ name comes up

Thread Information