I received the following private message here:

Hi Druff,

I have a scam I would like to bring to your attention that not many people know about. For the past few years a training website had been taking the poker communities money for a website pre launch that never launched. Now the website has closed shop and comes up not found.

The site was called Poker Players Academy.

It was not run well and involved Blair Rodman, Chris Levick, Kathy Liebert and Bruce Buffer. I know 3 or 4 people from twitter that say they donated to this website.

Months back I contacted Chris levick and Blair Rodman about the site never launching and email/dms were never returned. This site was a casualty of black Friday but they kept taking players money even after black friday to recoup loses from the project. A girl that i know on twitter who donated to this site is @candipartypoker and she still shows their logo on her profile.

If you search Poker Player Academy image a few come up and I believe they were taking $25 from each player to sign up early for training. Thanks. I listen to the show every week and enjoy it.
Here is a May, 2011 article that is critical of this training site as a pyramid scheme:

http://pokerati.com/2011/05/new-coac...ponzi-pyramid/

So it was some Multi Level Marketing bullshit, and the "product" was poker training!

Poker Player Academy provides the opportunity to earn money via helping people to learn from a pro and by referring people into the business. We provide you with the most advanced viral marketing system ever built that virtually does all the work. ~ Chris Levick

No one was ever trained by this website.

Anyone who "invested" (that is, bought into their multi-level marketing bullshit) lost their money.

Note that, despite the acronym of PPA (intentional?), it had no affiliation with the Poker Players Alliance.

Not sure what role Liebert, Buffer, Levick, and Rodman had in the company, but they were definitely used to promote it:

http://www.pokergob.com/tag/poker-player-academy/

The above is an old link of someone who presumably either "invested" in the site or was involved from the start (I'm guessing the latter).

Maybe someone can tweet about this to Kathy Liebert? She dislikes me now, so she has me blocked.

I doubt that Liebert set out to scam anyone, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was either duped into promoting this, and now wants to pretend none of this scamming ever happened.