Thread: PenFed is doing the Lord's work

Load Metric

PenFed is doing the Lord's work

Somebody tipped me off to PenFed, and I must say, it's a pretty amazing credit union. To be approved for an account either you or a relative must have been in the military at some point. Well, that's pretty much everybody. I just put down my Grandpa's name. If nobody in your family has ever served, you can still get accepted. You just have to make a one-time $15 donation to a military-related charity. You can check out their website and see that their rates are basically unbeatable. Used car loans for 1.49% (and actually through the end of the year they have a special where it's only 0.49%). Fixed mortgages for 3.125%. I was getting tired of getting whacked by BoA's wire fees. At PenFed you can send an int'l wire for $20, and receive an int'l wire for free (same with domestic wires).

And they have one of the best credit cards around. 5% cash back on gas, 3% cash back at grocery stores, and 1% on everything else (and you can get your rewards in the form of a VISA gift card). They used to have a promotion where you got $200 if you spent $650 in the first 3 months, but unfortunately they took that away. They also have no fees for things like international charges or various other credit card BS fees. And no annual fee, obv. And the interest rate is 9.99% (I don't care as much about this since I don't plan on carrying a balance). I wasn't quite sure if I'd get approved since I have very little credit. The only credit I have is I have one credit card that I've had for around a year now and it has an $800 credit limit. I certainly don't have bad credit, I've always paid my CC off right away, and I usually overpay so I'll have a negative balance (meaning they owe me money). But my credit history is just very limited. I gave it a shot and not only did I get approved, they approved me and gave me a $9,500 credit limit. Okay, I still have to wait 24 hours for them to review it and manually approve it, but I'm pretty sure there won't be a problem there.

PenFed.org

Credit Cards:
    https://www.penfed.org/Compare-Popular-Credit-Cards/
    Last edited by PLOL; 12-08-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Good to hear that! Over the last several months, many of the biggest credit card companies have raised interest rates and tested new annual fees on some products. For reduced rates and no charges, the PenFed Promise Visa is ideal. This credit card beats anything out there. All you have to have is a tie to the United States armed forces.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by brenan lim View Post
    Good to hear that! Over the last several months, many of the biggest credit card companies have raised interest rates and tested new annual fees on some products. For reduced rates and no charges, the PenFed Promise Visa is ideal. This credit card beats anything out there. All you have to have is a tie to the United States armed forces.
    First post ever is this? Is this the first time a legit poster posts about a company and then the spammer comes in later as opposed to the spammer staring the thread or changing his sig?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brenan lim View Post
    First post ever is this? Is this the first time a legit poster posts about a company and then the spammer comes in later as opposed to the spammer staring the thread or changing his sig?
    Plol's link is just a straight link, the other guys link is a text link for his blog and the link on his blog is an affiliate link to the card site that he no doubt gets a cut of. Half shady, but still shady.

Thread Information