Page 4 of 160 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJEKT:SEP **SCAM** (Rolled: A Jasep Saga)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Ya but I was drunk at the times. No way I would do

that otherwise. So yeah. I get a pass here obv.

You should try the drink sometime, you might even discover a personality......

doubtfull but what do you have to lose?
    I'm sure you use that a lot in your life. Amazing that you haven't figured out that being drunk isn't a valid excuse in the real world.
    In real life.....you said it

I guess the phrase "turning a lemon into lemonade" is appropriate here

See what I've done

Platinum
    Load Metric
    First off, great to see most the shares sold quickly. For those suggesting Sep get a job, the initial part of the project is only 90 days, I doubt it'd make much difference if he started job hunting tomorrow or in April.

Not a fan of the K in Project though.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric

I'm sure you use that a lot in your life. Amazing that you haven't figured out that being drunk isn't a valid excuse in the real world.

See what I've done
    Talk to me after you've gone through puberty. Your sound like a little girl on radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

See what I've done
    Talk to me after you've gone through puberty. Your sound like a little girl on radio.
    Thank-you. As a throat cancer survivor I'm happy to sound like anything.

Load Metric

Thank-you. As a throat cancer survivor I'm happy to sound like anything.
    Yeah right 408Limitles. Remember when you found a lump on your head and had 6-8 months to live. You also lied about your age.....you were 28, then 26, then on radio last week you said you were 34. No one believes anything you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Menks View Post

Lol you are the last person on earth who should be bitching. How many times have you gotten wasted and fucked up the forum with useless posts and threads.

Fuck Limitles. Good luck Jasep, please update this thread as much as possible.

How much is a share?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Good luck with all this. However, like many others have said you should take a step back and think about how many people you know that actually do well playing poker for a living. I know a lot of poker players and only 1-2 are doing really well, 3 or so do ok and the rest of the 30 or so are fails.
    I've done very well for the last 12 years, its a 90 day thing and it is more about the documentation and the process than anything else.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Good luck with all this. However, like many others have said you should take a step back and think about how many people you know that actually do well playing poker for a living. I know a lot of poker players and only 1-2 are doing really well, 3 or so do ok and the rest of the 30 or so are fails.
    I've done very well for the last 12 years, its a 90 day thing and it is more about the documentation and the process than anything else.
    If you can't afford to play with your own money, and sat staring at your blank resume consumed with fear and doubt, maybe you weren't as successful as you would like to think. Any player worth half a shit shouldn't need to be staked, regardless of how common poker nerds say it is. Any winning player should be playing 100% with their own money. Not only for themselves, but in fairness to their backers. People concentrate and take things a lot more seriously when it's their own cash on the line. You're a grown man who is depending on random people from the internet so you can play poker. Think about that. You even said this stake depends on others $. It's amazing to see the number of smart guys who are capable of so much more who waste their intelligence chasing this poker pipe dream. Unless you're Phil Ivey or Tom Dwan, or have a time machine to go back when poker was 90% retards, it ain't gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

Any player worth half a shit shouldn't need to be staked, regardless of how common poker nerds say it is.
    What if it entails you playing higher? What if a guy could play 10-20 on his own money but someone was willing to back him @ 25-50 or 50-100?

Or guys who play large WSOP type MTTS who are backed? Id someone is willing to back them it means they are worth shit?

Gotta remember there are a lot of degenerates who play poker and blow money in other ways and are forced to be staked. Doesnt mean their game sucks. They just make other bad decisions

Any winning player should be playing 100% with their own money. Not only for themselves, but in fairness to their backers.
    This statement makes 0 sense. If they were playing on their own they wouldnt even have a backer so how is it fair to a backer if the stakee plays 100 % on their own money

People concentrate and take things a lot more seriously when it's their own cash on the line. some yes, others no, I know some people who will stay disciplined playing with others money more than their own for some fucked up reason. They wont take shots with others money cause the stake is structured but if playing on their own they would shoot for the highest stakes

Unless you're Phil Ivey or Tom Dwan, or have a time machine to go back when poker was 90% retards, it ain't gonna happen.

Probably true for 99.5 % of people who attempt to play for a living, actually probably more.

That said I have played on my own money for the high majority of my my 4 year poker career as a professional and have never busted once . Have been staked on U.S. sites the majority of the past year and have made my backers a lot of money , myself a lot more money and profited on every stake I have offered.

That said I hate being staked for any of my cash game action because I toss 30 % out the window. But over the past year being staked has allowed me to 3-4 table the highest games that run on U.S. sites and I have done well.

Gl sep

Load Metric
    he forgot to mention that god is todd just in case that had slipped any of your minds.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Any winning player should be playing 100% with their own money. Not only for themselves, but in fairness to their backers.
    Name:  lescott.jpeg
Views: 819
Size:  131.2 KB
    rube

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Any player worth half a shit shouldn't need to be staked, regardless of how common poker nerds say it is.
    What if it entails you playing higher? What if a guy could play 10-20 on his own money but someone was willing to back him @ 25-50 or 50-100?

Obviously there are exceptions. But this isn't one of them. He is doing this because he is broke and needs to be staked. Not because he can't afford to move up in limits.

Or guys who play large WSOP type MTTS who are backed? Id someone is willing to back them it means they are worth shit?

Again. There are exceptions. But if you can't afford the tourney fee yourself, you probably shouldn't be playing that event. I'm not talking about exchanging shares, or even selling small pieces. If you need to be staked the entire entry fee, don't play. Any player who is confident in his ability should WANT to have all of his action. Selling shares and accepting stakes makes the player look like he isn't confident in himself, whether they think it does or not. I realize staking is a HUGE part of the poker culture, and it serves it's purpose. But this isn't one of those times. Seems he just wants to take a shot without having to personally risk anything.

Gotta remember there are a lot of degenerates who play poker and blow money in other ways and are forced to be staked. Doesn't mean their game sucks. They just make other bad decisions

Why on earth would you want to stake someone who blows money and makes bad decisions? Then you people in the poker world wonder why someone is getting rolled every other minute. How many threads have started with "I know I shouldn't have lent this guy money but...." But I guess you're the guy who wants to put 4PoeSteaks on the air, so you're obviously an act now, think and ask questions later type of guy.

This statement makes 0 sense. If they were playing on their own they wouldnt even have a backer so how is it fair to a backer if the stakee plays 100 % on their own money

Fairness meaning they shouldn't accept the stake to begin with from potential backers.

People concentrate and take things a lot more seriously when it's their own cash on the line. some yes, others no, I know some people who will stay disciplined playing with others money more than their own for some fucked up reason. They wont take shots with others money cause the stake is structured but if playing on their own they would shoot for the highest stakes

Those people are the minority, not the majority. Just because you happen to be a honest and fair gambler, don't ever think for a second that others have the same values. For the most part, they don't.

Unless you're Phil Ivey or Tom Dwan, or have a time machine to go back when poker was 90% retards, it ain't gonna happen.

Probably true for 99.5 % of people who attempt to play for a living, actually probably more.

That said I have played on my own money for the high majority of my my 4 year poker career as a professional and have never busted once . Have been staked on U.S. sites the majority of the past year and have made my backers a lot of money , myself a lot more money and profited on every stake I have offered.

That said I hate being staked for any of my cash game action because I toss 30 % out the window. But over the past year being staked has allowed me to 3-4 table the highest games that run on U.S. sites and I have done well.

Again. You are the exception. Think of all the money you gave away to your stakers.

Gl sep

Again. I wish him good luck too. But with all the gl's and ball sucking going on in this thread, someone should at least mention the other side of the coin.
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    6 shares locked for Handicap me
    20 shares locked for Drexel

68 shares remain
    Good to see Drexel has a lot more faith in you than when meeecoin wanted backing from Drexel.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Banned
    Load Metric
    This is one of the best threads in a while.

Jasep bared his soul and we will all wish him well while we watch how his poker life plays out.

However, the small BAP confuses me. $5K is peanuts for such a venture.

From the support here and elsewhere Jasep should make it $50,000 or at least $25,000. Banking one's future on aged 9AM bus-exiting blue haired and pot bellied stud players won't cut it.

You're either a good poker player or not. All this hullabaloo about how young players are so fearless, so insightful and so great is mostly bullshit.

Sure, they're great and no doubt have changed the game but it's just a fucking card game based on balls, simple math and luck. Do you really think some 24 year old kid has an advantage over a 40 year old experienced poker player?

Sure, we watch the WPT and see those old nits lose to the great young aggressive poker players but for Christ's sake it doesn't take a genius to recognize what they're doing and adapt accordingly.

If Jasep has been a winning player for 12 years....that is huge! Jenn Harman spent years playing low limit poker (I mean 1-3 stud and 2-4 limit HE). She gradually moved up and eventually crushed $300/$600 limit...then she played the mixed games.

I have no doubt Jasep is a very good poker player. Once he truly believes it and gets a real BAP...he will live the baller life. By baller life I mean monthly nut covered and huge roll for his daughter's college fund and a sweet, no worries life for him because after all, he will have made it happen.

If you believe a young aggressive poker player is better than you...then he will be. If you understand poker and recognize foolish youthful aggression (which eventually will just be foolish aggression...because young players have certainly changed the game but they will grow old) then you will succeed beyond all aggression and variance.

Poker is sitting in a chair and thinking. If you're intelligent it won't matter how old you are or how old that pimpled-faced nerd or loud mouthed frat boy sitting across from you is.

GL Jasep.

Load Metric
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Brandon bumped his shares to 21, he wanted to make sure he was the biggest investor in the project.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jasep; 12-10-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So your bread and butter games are going to be 5-10 and 10-20 stud and you are running a BAP, where you are going to be giving up some % of your winnings? Have you actually crunched the numbers and seen if this is even workable?

Most poker players do not understand stud, but as a general rule it is slower than holdem (so less hands/hour) and hands run closer in value, so the variance is higher and the win rate is lower.

In the long run I think this is actually a good thing, compared to say no limit holdem, because the "luck" factor will allow fish to win enough that it does not force them to ever get better, unlike no limit holdem where a fish basically has 0% chance of ever going on a heater, so they either have to get better or wash out.

I am guessing if you are a good player, game select, etc. a good win rate might be $5-10/hr, and then because you are running a BAP you are going to have to be giving up a chunk of this, so you are looking at a job where you are making $2-5/hr, and you are going to try to live your life and rebuild your roll through this?

No chance.

You have a much better chance of building a roll getting a shit job, working a ton of hours, and saving. Of course with your resume, you will probably need some kind of family/friend connection to even get the job in the first place. But it is what it is.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    So your bread and butter games are going to be 5-10 and 10-20 stud and you are running a BAP, where you are going to be giving up some % of your winnings? Have you actually crunched the numbers and seen if this is even workable?

Most poker players do not understand stud, but as a general rule it is slower than holdem (so less hands/hour) and hands run closer in value, so the variance is higher and the win rate is lower.

In the long run I think this is actually a good thing, compared to say no limit holdem, because the "luck" factor will allow fish to win enough that it does not force them to ever get better, unlike no limit holdem where a fish basically has 0% chance of ever going on a heater, so they either have to get better or wash out.

I am guessing if you are a good player, game select, etc. a good win rate might be $5-10/hr, and then because you are running a BAP you are going to have to be giving up a chunk of this, so you are looking at a job where you are making $2-5/hr, and you are going to try to live your life and rebuild your roll through this?

No chance.

You have a much better chance of building a roll getting a shit job, working a ton of hours, and saving. Of course with your resume, you will probably need some kind of family/friend connection to even get the job in the first place. But it is what it is.
    He's been told what the logical thing to do is. He's chosen to go the Micon route. Which is a shame considering I heard he has a kid. It amazes me how many grown men simply refuse to grow and and accept their responsibilities when it comes to this poker nonsense. They somehow think begging for $ on the internet to play poker is a better option than finding a steady job. It's not. But when he's 50, I'm sure WalMart will still be hiring door greeters. So he's got that to look forward too.

Load Metric

I have read everyones points, I understand them, I realize some of you have genuine concerns, I realize some of you are being contrary because that is your thing and I realize some of you think it will be interesting to be a part of or to watch.

At the end of the day it is a 90 day task and it will not dictate the rest of my life...

Poker has paid for almost 100% of everything I have done in life up to this point... I am probably in a much better life space than a lot of people on here...

Also, my carrying costs are covered for the length of this project as well as far out enough for me to figure out the next step if need be, so everyone relax, it is not some tragedy waiting to happen.
    Last edited by Jasep; 12-10-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Load Metric
    GambleBotsChafedPenis 1 share

6 remain

Load Metric
    I have read everyones points, I understand them,
    You've read them, but it's obvious you didn't understand them. If you did, this thread would have been deleted and you would be working on your resume right now. But hey, huge props for getting strangers to spot you $5000 to freeroll with. That is the most impressive thing that will be accomplished by this. You are already up $5000 without playing one hand. Very nice.

Thread Information