Page 1 of 160 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJEKT:SEP **SCAM** (Rolled: A Jasep Saga)

Load Metric

PROJEKT:SEP **SCAM** (Rolled: A Jasep Saga)

*** DRUFF'S NOTE ***

This turned out to be a scam. If you want to watch it unravel, start here:

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...l=1#post122130

================================================== =============================

In 1998 I decided that I wanted to be a professional poker player. In 2001 I took the first steps to making that happen and for the last 12 years I have been on a roller coaster ride through one of the most emotionally draining professions in the history of mankind. It is no surprise that the game has such a high rate of failure and such a large percent of players who develop crippling addictions to drugs, gambling and alcohol. I have been lucky up to this point and have only had flirtations with those things. From 2005-2009 I felt like I was the king of the world. I played in big games and gigantic sums of money passed through my hands regularly… I felt like I made it.

For those of you that listen to my radio show (Filthy Limper Radio) on http://www.VegasPokerRadio.com you may have heard me speak recently about my finances being depleted over the last 8 months. I always speak openly and honestly about everything on the radio, even if it is embarrassing or painful to talk about. The 12/6 episode of the show I talked about my fears and thoughts about having to possibly enter the job market, with no formal education or experience.

I am actually a winning player this year; I have given my investors a positive return on every BAP package that I ran this year with the exception of one. The problem has been volume and a lack of dedication to playing and improving.

Today I sat down to write a resume and look around the job front when the realization that my resume was just a blank sheet of paper hit me. I don’t have a backup plan, I never did. The radio show and the website that I am an owner in was my only backup plan, but after working on those things pretty much full time for most of 2012 with only small revenue streams I have realized that I put myself in a bad position.

My monthly expenses have not changed at all, if anything they have been gradually downsized, what has changed is my intake, it has been minimal at best and the effect has been a dissolving bankroll/liferoll that now sits at a 12 year low and it is very stressful to think about and plan around.

I have loves in my life, I love being creative and putting out an entertaining product that has finally gotten recognized as being as good as I always pictured it would be, I don’t want to give that up, I don’t want to be forced to do the things I told myself I would never be happy doing… Standing in front of a cash register, wearing a shirt and tie, punching a clock, taking shit from a 20 something manager with a bachelor’s degree who hasn't seen or experienced 10% of the things I have. That is a miserable existence to say the least.

So as I sat in my office today, putting my thoughts and options on paper I had an idea, a project so to speak but actually more like a rebirth, that blends everything I love and am good at together to try giving myself a second chance at success.

I call it Projekt:Sep

And I need the help of my listeners, fans, users and friends to be able to make this happen.

Here is how it is going to work:

Beginning January 2nd 2013 I am going to start the process of rebuilding my life and my bankroll. I am not going to be playing tournaments regularly as they are way to high variance for this to work. Instead I am going to be starting over from the ground up.

The highest I have played with any regularity was 25/50 NLHE, but that was a different person, at a different time.

I am going back to the drawing board completely.

I am going to play a combination of live and online poker (Black Chip) but mostly live, starting at small limits and building it over 90 days to hopefully a spot where I essentially save my personal poker business.

My schedule will look like this:

Monday-Thursday 9:00am-??? I will be at Foxwoods and/or Mohegan Sun playing any one of the following games:

5/10 STUD

10/20 STUD

1/2 NLHE

2/5 NLHE

1/2 PLO

I will play tournaments only when I have accumulated enough profit to allow for it and I will be paying out profit weekly. If I should run it up I may take shots here and there in bigger games if I really like the lineups.

I will study the game again, using http://www.FloatTheTurn.com to help me re-sharpen my skills and hone my game to get back to and exceed a level of play that I feel I once reached.

And I will turn this into a documentary….

I will do a daily radio/video blog probably 10-15 minutes or so in length every day for all 90 days immediately after I am done playing. I will openly and candidly discuss my emotions, my thoughts, my errors, my triumphs, my heartaches and whatever else came from that day. When the 90 days is up, regardless of the result I will edit the 90 separate micro video blogs in to one full length documentary. If I have not succeeded in rebuilding then I will eliminate poker from my life and just come to terms with the facts that poker may have passed me by and the gambling chapter of my life is ready to be closed. However I feel truly in my heart that my comeback will be successful and I can make it to the highest levels again.

Like I said earlier I need the help of my listeners, fans, users and friends to be able to make this happen.

I will try doing this all with a 5K stake, with full makeup.

I would ideally like to sell the entire 5K as buying to many pieces of myself may not be an option at this point.

I will be playing for 40% and investors will be receiving the remaining 60%, every Thursday night after Filthy Limper Radio I will send out that week’s percentage of profits and start over again at 5K the following week, if we have less than 5K than I will need to get back to 5K before profits are sent out again.

After 90 days everyone will be sent their original stake back and if the total amount on hand is less than 5K I will cover the difference to get it to 5K out of the percentage of profits that I paid myself.

There are 100 shares available to make up the 5K, obviously each share costs $50.00 and will yield 1% of the investors side of the profit… So – Total Profit x .6=Investor Profit, Investor Profit x .01 per share=amount paid to you at weeks end.

Foxwoods pays .50 cents on the dollar for comp points, I will convert points to cash weekly and add that to profit as well.

I really need to sell this out to make it happen and I am fully committed to doing the project as I think it will create an amazing piece of media to share with the poker world and document about myself and about my rebuild.

If anyone wants to buy shares you can send money to my paypal at TrupQQ@gmail.com and send me a PM on Vegas Poker Radio, PM on PokerFraudAlert.com, DM on twitter or email to the same address and I will mark you as paid in the forum thread at http://www.vegaspokerradio.com , you will also be given a special thanks credit at the end of each video blog unless you decide you don’t want to be mentioned.

So that’s my next step… Projekt:Sep , an interactive poker investing experiment… questions or comments welcome.

http://podcastvegas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=509
    http://www.podcastvegas.com/2012/12/08/projektsep/

Comments

hotshott74: Scammer Alert!

Load Metric
    good luck. I enjoy your radio show. I know from experience you can make things happen we when you really sit down and think and things and make a written plan. I'm in for a few shares. email soon.

Load Metric
    The poker wave has come and gone. It is not a way to earn a living anymore. Not unless you are at the upper echelon of players, which you probably aren't.

Let's say this is successful. What are your plans going to be in 5 or 10 years when you have this same epiphany, only you are 5 or 10 years older and have to compete with 5 or 10 more graduating classes (HS and College) in the job market?

Don't be like Micon. There is no shame in "working for the man." Especially if you are a skilled and intelligent employee. Make a change while you are still relatively young. A steady job can also offer insurance, retirement, paid vacation etc. Sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day for a guaranteed paycheck and benefits doesn't sound so bad compared to sitting in a depressing card room for 12 hours a day hoping to eek out enough to pay rent or take care of your backers. I mean, you did it the right way, but in the end this is basically a begging thread.

Ditch this poker shit, go get an education if you don't have one, get a job, enjoy life.

Of course I don't expect you to do this. You're gonna go through with this poker nonsense. But in 5 years, when you're staring at that blank resume again, you can't say you weren't told.

GL.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'm with cleatus on this one, your starting time seems blah. I mean are you just going to min bet 1/2 nl games because they are going to be nitty as fuck? Not to mention I obviously noticed you aren't factoring in fri/sat, I am assuming you are playing those days on your own dime? I mean everyone knows fri/sat nights are the best time to play, what gives? If it isn't your own dime I guess I can only assume you are with your daughter but still you should be able to play some weekend nights on this stake if you're serious.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    I'm with cleatus on this one, your starting time seems blah. I mean are you just going to min bet 1/2 nl games because they are going to be nitty as fuck? Not to mention I obviously noticed you aren't factoring in fri/sat, I am assuming you are playing those days on your own dime? I mean everyone knows fri/sat nights are the best time to play, what gives? If it isn't your own dime I guess I can only assume you are with your daughter but still you should be able to play some weekend nights on this stake if you're serious.
    He has his daughter on weekends.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good luck Sep
    Last edited by limitles; 12-08-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Don't be like Micon... this is basically a begging thread
    Sage.
    And I Repeat...Don't be like Micon.

You are smart Johnny, do something else with the time you have left.
    You will be much better off in the long run.

Load Metric
    why is it projekt with a k?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    He has his daughter on weekends.

Plus the senior bus arrives at about 9 and my first choice in games is Stud and thats who the stud bums are...

May play some weekends, its not out of the question completely.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain39 View Post
    Don't be like Micon... this is basically a begging thread
    Sage.

It is a 90 day thing and I am using it to also add about 15 hours of content to Vegas Poker Radio.... A rough patch does not automatically equal the end of a 12 year career.

I can probably keep myself in action for the rest of my life the way some of those guys do (micon, iceman, etc) but i have no interest in that.. this is more me saying okay... im not gonna be like micon, i am gonna give this one more effort, document it all and if its a failure im done for good...

Ideally I would like to go back to school but that shits expensive and my nut still has to get covered every month, I have a kid etc, and this is how I know how to do it, but that doesn't mean I wont be proactive to avoid the situation in the future. Win or Lose I will use the time and money to better myself.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    Name:  tumblr_lgbj1gOtSX1qf8yek.gif
Views: 4602
Size:  483.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Name:  tumblr_lgbj1gOtSX1qf8yek.gif
Views: 4602
Size:  483.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain39 View Post

Sage.

It is a 90 day thing and I am using it to also add about 15 hours of content to Vegas Poker Radio.... A rough patch does not automatically equal the end of a 12 year career.

I can probably keep myself in action for the rest of my life the way some of those guys do (micon, iceman, etc) but i have no interest in that.. this is more me saying okay... im not gonna be like micon, i am gonna give this one more effort, document it all and if its a failure im done for good...

Ideally I would like to go back to school but that shits expensive and my nut still has to get covered every month, I have a kid etc, and this is how I know how to do it, but that doesn't mean I wont be proactive to avoid the situation in the future. Win or Lose I will use the time and money to better myself.
    If you decide to go back to school please do yourself one huge favor. Do it WITHOUT student loans. Period. You will be paying that off, regardless of whether you graduate, for many years of the rest of your life. Especially going back to school at your age. Ask your girlfriend. Student loans are the anchor around her neck and I don't even know her. She prob has 100k in loans yet makes 30k a year.

Go to school during the day. Deliver pizzas at night to pay for it. I did this. I have no debt in the world. None. Not even a house.

Check into federal grants you may qualify for. You may qualify for more than you'd think.

Also, federal loans are not bankruptable. Meaning you will pay those fuckers no matter what happens in your life. Most kids just out of high school have no concept of money and they make the mistake of blindly signing for decades of payments. You're better than that.

Load Metric
    I actually love the documentary aspect of it. It will be great content for the forum.

Hopefully you get the support you need from the community to pull this off.

Good luck.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    1 dai gurl n boi r mekin out. dey r in luv.

gurl stops meking out n asks boi to get poptartz.

he dus.

den gurl teks deep breff. den gurl sais "bf i am pregnent will u stay ma bf" n he seys "no".

gurl iz hertbrokn. </////3

gurl criez n runz awaii from boi wiffout eatin poptart n she has low blood suga so she fols.

boi runs ova 2 her.

she ded. </333333333

boi crie "i sed i no b ur bf...cus i wona b ur husband!"

he screems n frows poptart @ wol... a bootiful diomand ring wus insyd.

***LIK DIS IF U CRY EVRYTIM***

Load Metric

If you decide to go back to school please do yourself one huge favor. Do it WITHOUT student loans. Period. You will be paying that off, regardless of whether you graduate, for many years of the rest of your life. Especially going back to school at your age. Ask your girlfriend. Student loans are the anchor around her neck and I don't even know her. She prob has 100k in loans yet makes 30k a year.

Go to school during the day. Deliver pizzas at night to pay for it. I did this. I have no debt in the world. None. Not even a house.

Check into federal grants you may qualify for. You may qualify for more than you'd think.

Also, federal loans are not bankruptable. Meaning you will pay those fuckers no matter what happens in your life. Most kids just out of high school have no concept of money and they make the mistake of blindly signing for decades of payments. You're better than that.
    Im not gonna get loans, your pretty close to accurate about Emily and its insane to me.... I am hoping this project will provide a vehicle for me to do those things and still cover my month to month expenses... that would be ideal, that way i don't have to do things like give up radio... if it comes down to juggling school, a job, my daughter and a radio show something will have to give in that and its not hard to see it in order of priority, but i want to avoid that road.

Load Metric
    4 shares locked up for Hockey Guy

96 left

Load Metric

Im not gonna get loans, your pretty close to accurate about Emily and its insane to me.... I am hoping this project will provide a vehicle for me to do those things and still cover my month to month expenses... that would be ideal, that way i don't have to do things like give up radio... if it comes down to juggling school, a job, my daughter and a radio show something will have to give in that and its not hard to see it in order of priority, but i want to avoid that road.
    Well you said on your show that you were going to get loans and I cringed. That's why I wrote that. Good to know though.

Load Metric
    The poker wave has come and gone. It is not a way to earn a living anymore. Not unless you are at the upper echelon of players, which you probably aren't.

Let's say this is successful. What are your plans going to be in 5 or 10 years when you have this same epiphany, only you are 5 or 10 years older and have to compete with 5 or 10 more graduating classes (HS and College) in the job market?

Don't be like Micon. There is no shame in "working for the man." Especially if you are a skilled and intelligent employee. Make a change while you are still relatively young. A steady job can also offer insurance, retirement, paid vacation etc. Sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day for a guaranteed paycheck and benefits doesn't sound so bad compared to sitting in a depressing card room for 12 hours a day hoping to eek out enough to pay rent or take care of your backers. I mean, you did it the right way, but in the end this is basically a begging thread.

Ditch this poker shit, go get an education if you don't have one, get a job, enjoy life.

Of course I don't expect you to do this. You're gonna go through with this poker nonsense. But in 5 years, when you're staring at that blank resume again, you can't say you weren't told.

GL.
    I tend to agree with most of this. Definately no crime in getting a job and being "normal". I don't know what I'd do with myself if I didn't work at least 50 hrs a week. I'd go insane because I'm not the most social person and I'd be looking at the walls of my house all day. Honestly, I don't know how you and Brandon and others do it. The freedom is priceless I will grant you that but what happens when you are 60 yrs old with no retirement no nothing. All because you didn't work the majority of life. Well 60 isn't old anymore and you want some quality during your later years which is why you need to make your money now. And save most of it too.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I just have one question Jasep.

What makes you think that another go around at the same thing that has your finances depleted is going to work the second time around, if the first time it got you to where you are right now?

There isn't a future in poker right now, and it is infinitely harder now to make it than it was 12 years ago. I am sure you know this.

There are TONS of ways to make money if you have even a little bit to start, I would explore those options as well.

Even if I was a winning player, poker would be my LAST option right now if I was looking for something the build a life around.

This will probably make a great documentary, but a terrible real life story in the end.

Thread Information