View Poll Results: Do you support gay marriage?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 83.72%
  • No, but they should be allowed civil unions

1 2.33%
  • No

2 4.65%
  • Don't know / don't care

4 9.30%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gay marriage, do you support it?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Gay marriage, do you support it?

Here is a hot story about two young lesbians getting married in Washington State:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/05/us/was...age/index.html

Okay, maybe not so hot.

But this is actually one of my political views that has changed in recent years.

I used to be against gay marriage. Then I moved to be neutral on it. Now I actually support it.

The reason I support it is because I don't believe homosexuality to be a choice, and these people are never going to be straight. They enter long relationships just like straight people, so why not let them just get married?

I used to say that civil unions were the answer, but then I thought about it and realized that it doesn't really do any harm if they can actually get married instead of just entering into a pseudo-marriage with the same legal benefits.

I think the Republican Party would do best to drop this issue and they would get back some of the gay vote, as gay couples (especially gay male couples) tend to be more affluent on average than heterosexual couples.

I am still a conservative and have right-leaning political viewpoints on most issues. I guess this is one of my few "left" opinions. Other issues where I differ from many Republicans include environmental (I consider myself a centrist on that), government regulation (also a centrist), and health care (yet again a centrist).

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Here is a hot story about two young lesbians getting married in Washington State:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/05/us/was...age/index.html

Okay, maybe not so hot.

But this is actually one of my political views that has changed in recent years.

I used to be against gay marriage. Then I moved to be neutral on it. Now I actually support it.

The reason I support it is because I don't believe homosexuality to be a choice, and these people are never going to be straight. They enter long relationships just like straight people, so why not let them just get married?

I used to say that civil unions were the answer, but then I thought about it and realized that it doesn't really do any harm if they can actually get married instead of just entering into a pseudo-marriage with the same legal benefits.

I think the Republican Party would do best to drop this issue and they would get back some of the gay vote, as gay couples (especially gay male couples) tend to be more affluent on average than heterosexual couples.

I am still a conservative and have right-leaning political viewpoints on most issues. I guess this is one of my few "left" opinions. Other issues where I differ from many Republicans include environmental (I consider myself a centrist on that), government regulation (also a centrist), and health care (yet again a centrist).
    Most serious statistical studies reveal that gays make up @ 2% of the population. You've been conned by the main stream media who would have you believe this is an important, pressing issue.

It's not.

However, it's an attractive 'non-issue' that the secular progressive left has brilliantly brought to the forefront.

I appreciate your wrestling with this issue. We all have but although I reached the same conclusion as you, I did so for different reasons.

I can't imagine any man staring at Barney Frank's fat hairy ass and feeling compelled to marry that. However, marriage is the sacred union of one man and one woman but God created 2% men and women who can only fall in love with members of the same sex.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to experience infidelity, raising unappreciative brats, divorce lawyers, tax benefits and death farts under the sheets while wearing wedding bands?

Just a note: There are many Republicans including the Log Cabin variety who support gay rights including gay marriage.

Load Metric
    Definite supporter only IF they receive all the rights as straight marriages do - sexual orientation isn't a choice and the government shouldn't be able to limit who you choose to spend your life with.

Also this:

Load Metric
    Wheres the lesbians yes fags no option?

Load Metric
    A true conservative should be for gay marriage. Live and let live used to be a conservative idea. Now it's "we're all up in your personal business."

LOL 6TP saying liberals made this a political wedge issue. Every state where gay marriage was legalized by the state courts or the legislature, Republicans put ballot measures up to undo it. If they didn't want it to be a political issue they could have accepted what happened in those states and not spent millions trying to undo it. They did it because it turns out the evangelical base. And it was a successful tactic until this past election when gay marriage finally won at the ballot box for the first time, and in 3 states no less, with national polls now showing over 50% support. The Republicans need a new evangelical turnout issue. Or maybe an old one, they'll probably go back to pushing abortion more strongly again.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Banned
    Load Metric
    Is there any argument against gay marriage aside from religious reasons? Because the chapter that mentions homosexuality has lots of other crazy shit in it that nobody abides by. Pretty weak case.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I support gay marriage. I dont care if 2 dudes or 2 woman want to get married.

Best is when people make the argument that gays do it for the perks of health benefits or something. Straight people could do the same!

Another one I love hearing is "the bible says" or some religious reason against. Newsflash- the bible is about as real as a superman comic

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    I support gay marriage. I dont care if 2 dudes or 2 woman want to get married.

Best is when people make the argument that gays do it for the perks of health benefits or something. Straight people could do the same!

Another one I love hearing is "the bible says" or some religious reason against. Newsflash- the bible is about as real as a superman comic
    China is god.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    So by Druffs definition, anyone who is born a certain way or with certain traits should not be held responsible for the decisions they make or the actions in their life because hey, "they were born that way. They can't help it." That's a very dangerous and slippery slope to go down. I can just imagine how many murderers and rapists would play the "I was born that way" card in Druffs world. As far as gay marriage goes, I got more important things to worry about than whether two faggots can get a meaningless slip of paper. It's a piece of paper in a government office building somewhere. Settle down fags.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    So by Druffs definition, anyone who is born a certain way or with certain traits should not be held responsible for the decisions they make or the actions in their life because hey, "they were born that way. They can't help it." That's a very dangerous and slippery slope to go down. I can just imagine how many murderers and rapists would play the "I was born that way" card in Druffs world. As far as gay marriage goes, I got more important things to worry about than whether two faggots can get a meaningless slip of paper. It's a piece of paper in a government office building somewhere. Settle down fags.
    No ones talking about breaking any laws or affecting others negatively with their actions. Marriage is companionship first and foremost, something inherent to all.

No slippery slope, just slippery soap.

Silver
    Load Metric
    The problem I have with homos is they are constantly throwing it in your face. I saw two dudes holding hands the other day. If you are over 18 and holding hands, you have some issues. But if you are gay you are trying to make a statement and throw your gayness in my face.

I have nothing against the closet homosexual that conceals it. But being outwardly gay in public I do not think is appropriate.

So the gay marriage thing, not on my radar. Most gays are generally conservative outside their sexuality. And they pay taxes. Log Cabin Republicans have some game.

Load Metric
    It's not meaningless! Marriage has tons of legal and social consequences.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Wheres the lesbians yes fags no option?
    I'm going to start a church with these rules. No kids getting diddled on my fucking time

Load Metric
    Not supporting gay marriage is as faggot as it gets.

Load Metric
    Gays have every right to pay lawyers thousands of dollars & then hand over half their assets to somebody else.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    If you are over 18 and holding hands, you have some issues.
    You're a fucking mentalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    The problem I have with homos is they are constantly throwing it in your face. I saw two dudes holding hands the other day. If you are over 18 and holding hands, you have some issues. But if you are gay you are trying to make a statement and throw your gayness in my face.

I have nothing against the closet homosexual that conceals it. But being outwardly gay in public I do not think is appropriate.

So the gay marriage thing, not on my radar. Most gays are generally conservative outside their sexuality. And they pay taxes. Log Cabin Republicans have some game.
    You do realize that straight people do this as well... probably more often because they won't get as much criticism...

Banned
    Load Metric
    In RobbieBensonFan's world, open gays are the new uppity negro.

Load Metric
    How the gay's won Obama the election:

And, a new study argues, Mr. Romney appears to have won a narrow victory among straight voters in the swing states Ohio and Florida.
    http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...bamas-victory/

Feel free to be against gay marriage, just know that you're on the wrong side of history. And 'lol' at only 2% of the population being gay. 5%+ self-identify as being gay or bi, and do you really think there are no closeted gays?

Actually, I'm very surprised by the results of this poll. I knew a majority of forum members would support it, but wouldn't have thought by this margin.

The problem I have with homos is they are constantly throwing it in your face. I saw two dudes holding hands the other day.
    Fuck you. People like you are the reason why I still have a problem with, and am self-conscious about, showing any type of PDA in public with a guy.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    It's not meaningless! Marriage has tons of legal and social consequences.
    Then civil unions with the same benefits and legal rights should suit them just fine, right? If it's about legal and social consequences. But that's not good enough for them though. Again, it's a fucking piece of paper in an office building somewhere. It's all about fags wanting to be in the paper holding their "partners" hand and getting interviewed about how "groundbreaking" it is. It's not groundbreaking. It's been happening for years. Again, I don't even fucking care. But if gay marriage is allowed under the consenting adults flag, then polygamy and even incest should be legalized as well. Consenting adults right? Real marriage is between a man and a woman. Period. The fags can have all the pieces of paper they want, but society as a whole is not ready to accept two men and say they are a married couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Thread Information