Thread: BCR or 408 Mike (or others). Peanuts

Silver
    Load Metric

BCR or 408 Mike (or others). Peanuts

Over the course of the day I just ate a 1/3 plastic bottle of peanuts. To my shock when I read the nutritional label on the back it said it was 17 servings and 170 calories a serving.

For rounding purposes, 5.5 x 170 = 935 calories

So I went to my nemesis which is the Meatball Sub from Subway. Their caloric calorie counter says a Meatball Sub is 960 calories.

Usually when I eat a meatball sub I feel like a bloated pig. But its essentially the same calories as eating peanuts all day (and I feel perfect).

Are the peanut calories better than the meatball sub? Health-wise but also caloric intake. I am trying to lose 10 lbs to get back to my perfect weight.

Are all calories the same, in that 935 calories is completely different eating peanuts versus a Meatball sub?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not sure I think calories are your main focus then % of fat, but your post made me look up my fav the

6 inch Tuna. I always thought this was a healthy option,

not so much. 500 calories and 45 grams of fat . FFS that's my last one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Not sure I think calories are your main focus then % of fat, but your post made me look up my fav the

The fats you get from nuts and fish are good fats. Unsaturated, and shit. Saturated and trans-fats, those are the shits you need to lay off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Made a mistake, it should be 31g of fat(7g sat.) 530 calories says Calorie counter site.

Subway site says 24g fat, 470 calories

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post

Are all calories the same, in that 935 calories is completely different eating peanuts versus a Meatball sub?

Yes for strictly losing weight purposes all calories are basically the same. The only thing you should be worried about is having adequate protein. If you are short on protein your body will choose to lose muscle over fat even though the scale weight will drop the same amount. Losing weight slower (1-2 lbs per week and not more) and lifting weights will also help your body choose to lose fat rather than muscle.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

The fats you get from nuts and fish are good fats. Unsaturated, and shit. Saturated and trans-fats, those are the shits you need to lay off.

Pretty much this. They are better than a meatball sub, though I'm more likely to eat the sub. I was never a big nut person, even less now since I had half my colon jacked out in surgeries, but I know their value in moderation. Some of the healthiest people I know are nuts guys. Just not for me. An abundance can make you fat, but that goes for most things.

For me at the moment, I'm kind of fat. Not poker message board fat, but I partially tore my meniscus some months ago, and my only cardio is swimming and lifting. But I swim and lift at 5AM when they open the doors to avoid a bunch of old ladies or guys in speedos and it is almost self-defeating because I am so fucking hungry all day. My knee is healing up, so I need to get more disciplined in what I eat again. I go through funks like everyone, and I have been hitting up a lot of happy hours now that I'm back in my hometown. Most of my buddies are 9-5'ers, and they can meet for happy hour without their wives busting their balls, and it's 10 beers and 6 Mozzarella sticks before I leave. I've been gorging lately, and now that I'm older, the body is unforgiving. I could easily be a real fat fuck if I didn't like women more than food.

It's funny because I just charged my camera yesterday. When I get out of shape a bit, I always snap a mirror shot of myself and make it my wallpaper on my computer. I don't like getting sloppy, and if I have to look at my own fatass every time I pass the computer, it usually snaps my diet back in line quickly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Pretty much this. They are better than a meatball sub, though I'm more likely to eat the sub. I was never a big nut person, even less now since I had half my colon jacked out in surgeries, but I know their value in moderation. Some of the healthiest people I know are nuts guys. Just not for me. An abundance can make you fat, but that goes for most things.

For me at the moment, I'm kind of fat. Not poker message board fat, but I partially tore my meniscus some months ago, and my only cardio is swimming and lifting. But I swim and lift at 5AM when they open the doors to avoid a bunch of old ladies or guys in speedos and it is almost self-defeating because I am so fucking hungry all day. My knee is healing up, so I need to get more disciplined in what I eat again. I go through funks like everyone, and I have been hitting up a lot of happy hours now that I'm back in my hometown. Most of my buddies are 9-5'ers, and they can meet for happy hour without their wives busting their balls, and it's 10 beers and 6 Mozzarella sticks before I leave. I've been gorging lately, and now that I'm older, the body is unforgiving. I could easily be a real fat fuck if I didn't like women more than food.

It's funny because I just charged my camera yesterday. When I get out of shape a bit, I always snap a mirror shot of myself and make it my wallpaper on my computer. I don't like getting sloppy, and if I have to look at my own fatass every time I pass the computer, it usually snaps my diet back in line quickly.
    Do you still live in Naples?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

No, I'm in NE Ohio. I have never lived full time in Naples. I own a property there, and am partnered with family on a few others. They are kind of North Central Naples area, off Vanderbilt Beach Road very close to 75, Baron Collier school district, assuming you are local to that area you know where I'm talking. I had a beef with the condo association over a renter. They are real strict about how many renters they allow because they don't want it to turn to shit, and I was allowing a woman to go month to month and they considered each month it's own lease. Silly, she was a school principal, not some immigrant, but I exceeded the allowable renters in a time frame, so I just said fuck it and spent last winter down there since I couldn't rent it anyway according to their bylaws.

I will be back down probably in late March or April. My buddy I grew up with is in Ft. Meyers and is an exec with Coke, so myself and a few friends usually do something golf related when I want to get some sun. I usually stay on Marco when I come down and my places are rented. Maybe we'll get a round in. No money, I haven't been playing, and when I was, I was struggling to shoot low 80's.

Load Metric

No, I'm in NE Ohio. I have never lived full time in Naples. I own a property there, and am partnered with family on a few others. They are kind of North Central Naples area, off Vanderbilt Beach Road very close to 75, Baron Collier school district, assuming you are local to that area you know where I'm talking. I had a beef with the condo association over a renter. They are real strict about how many renters they allow because they don't want it to turn to shit, and I was allowing a woman to go month to month and they considered each month it's own lease. Silly, she was a school principal, not some immigrant, but I exceeded the allowable renters in a time frame, so I just said fuck it and spent last winter down there since I couldn't rent it anyway according to their bylaws.

I will be back down probably in late March or April. My buddy I grew up with is in Ft. Meyers and is an exec with Coke, so myself and a few friends usually do something golf related when I want to get some sun. I usually stay on Marco when I come down and my places are rented. Maybe we'll get a round in. No money, I haven't been playing, and when I was, I was struggling to shoot low 80's.
    I'm in Sarasota. How far are you from Quail West? That place is my goal in five years. It would be fun to play. I'm not a huge money player anyways and I have many days when I'd be happy with low 80's.

Load Metric

I'm in Sarasota. How far are you from Quail West? That place is my goal in five years. It would be fun to play. I'm not a huge money player anyways and I have many days when I'd be happy with low 80's.

I'm only 5 minutes, but about $500k from Quail West, at least when I last looked. They were min $800k low end iirc. Way too much considering I don't really want to live full time in Naples short of my 60's. I never looked seriously there, just came across it when browsing real estate. I've never played the course. I think it's membership is strictly to residents because I've never even ran into anyone who has invited me to play with them there, and I got invited to play almost everywhere being in town by myself last trip and hanging out in pubs and the course bars after rounds. I'll ask my dad, he spends more time down there and is more familiar with everything than I am.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I just tossed the remaining seven jars of Planters from my 10 pack right in the fucking trash. Gotta love that "Heart Healthy" stamp they have right on the label.

I have been wondering why this 10 annoying pounds has not come off. Basically I have been eating the daily equivalent of a pizza for a month not knowing it.

Where is Michelle Obama when you need her?

Load Metric
    I just tossed the remaining seven jars of Planters from my 10 pack right in the fucking trash. Gotta love that "Heart Healthy" stamp they have right on the label.

I have been wondering why this 10 annoying pounds has not come off. Basically I have been eating the daily equivalent of a pizza for a month not knowing it.

The fat in nuts is associated with smaller waist sizes and reduces your risk of sudden cardiac death by 1/3 to 1/2. Dig them out of the trash and eat a reasonable amount every day.

Or is this a level?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

The fat in nuts is associated with smaller waist sizes and reduces your risk of sudden cardiac death by 1/3 to 1/2. Dig them out of the trash and eat a reasonable amount every day.

Or is this a level?
    right, a daily reasonable amount...nuts are a great source of unsoluable fiber which is important for anyone past 40---(over half the men that age have internal hemroids and for men over 55 the percentage is 75%, thus eating insoluable fiber saves you a lot of pain)

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Peanuts are not nuts, they're legumes. For heath purposes I think real nuts are much better.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdwst Hstlr View Post
    Peanuts are not nuts, they're legumes. For heath purposes I think real nuts are much better.
    Name:  JohnnyCarson3.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  23.2 KB

Thread Information