Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AutoZone Employee, Fired After Stopping Robber

Load Metric

AutoZone Employee, Fired After Stopping Robber

this country is totally screwed up

"After AutoZone employee Devin McClean stopped a serial thief from robbing the local auto parts store in York County, Virginia, some hailed him as a hero, but not the head honchoes at AutoZone. They saw McClean's actions as a reason for termination."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2220219.html

(yes dirtyb huffpo quoted)

Load Metric
    This one has conservatives all riled up.

Gun rights seem to be the one hot-button issue that the right still has going for them.

Load Metric
    So a guy got fired for violating a policy from his employer? Should the government step in and tell a private company how to operate?

Unlike retards like you and this guy, AutoZone's management understands that losing $300 is preferable to having a fucking shootout in your store and risking the lives of everyone inside.

Load Metric
    Lightning may strike me down for saying it but Barry is right. It would be one thing if the employee had the gun on him(which I don't think is right either) but to leave the store to retrieve one from is vehicle is damned reckless and could have led to people getting killed.

Load Metric
    Americans have the right to keep and bear arms. Employers also have the right to make up rules as they see fit. He broke the rules. He was fired. Non story.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    So a guy got fired for violating a policy from his employer? Should the government step in and tell a private company how to operate?

Unlike retards like you and this guy, AutoZone's management understands that losing $300 is preferable to having a fucking shootout in your store and risking the lives of everyone inside.
    Anyone have a shred of doubt that DirtyB is not only a clueless Moonbat but a certified coward?

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

Anyone have a shred of doubt that DirtyB is not only a clueless Moonbat but a certified coward?
    Is there a coward certification service that I'm unaware of? What paperwork do I need to submit for coward certification?

Or are you a fucking dumbass who uses words that he doesn't know the meaning of in a vain attempt to sound smart?

Load Metric

Nope, just that you are a bitter old moron who is always on the wrong side of an argument.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Lightning may strike me down for saying it but Barry is right. It would be one thing if the employee had the gun on him(which I don't think is right either) but to leave the store to retrieve one from is vehicle is damned reckless and could have led to people getting killed.
    the mistake was in going back into the store....the lesson learned is just wait in the parking lot, and while your waiting, call 911 for police...when the robber comes out, send him to the next world.

and if that store doesn't doesn't have a hold up button, it needs to get one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    the mistake was in going back into the store....the lesson learned is just wait in the parking lot, and while your waiting, call 911 for police...when the robber comes out, send him to the next world.

and if that store doesn't doesn't have a hold up button, it needs to get one.
    I agree as long as you don't put other people in danger because I carry around 50% of the time I go out and would have no problem putting two in that guy's chest. I just don't think I could live with myself if my actions got somebody else shot.

I've had a gun pulled on twice in my life and both times I was unarmed. The first time was in a pool hall where me and my buddy were the only white guys there and I was scared the fuck to death and was happy to get out alive. The second time was when I first started working security in a bar. That time I was scared for around 5 or 6 seconds and then I was ready to take the guy's head off but thankfully he was gone quick and I didn't get myself shot.

Load Metric

:sixtoed

Banned
    Load Metric

Is there a coward certification service that I'm unaware of? What paperwork do I need to submit for coward certification?

Or are you a fucking dumbass who uses words that he doesn't know the meaning of in a vain attempt to sound smart?
    The Auto Zone employee displayed courage. he should be commended.

From what I've learned about you Barry, throughout your life you have demonstrated cowardice, weakness and an uncanny knack of blaming others for your failures. In short, you're a wimp.

The Auto Zone employee left the crime scene to retrieve his weapon then returned to confront the criminal.

If I were the owner of that Auto Zone or just a customer, I would have been grateful to that brave employee. The news reports said that thief had previously robbed more than 30 businesses. He was a dangerous serial robber.

Although you side with the dangerous criminal and Auto Zone corporate big wigs who fired that brave man, I appreciate his bravery, company loyalty and quick thinking.

I think the Auto Zone worker deserves a raise and an award. You believe the robber deserves a low bail and forgiveness for his troubled upbringing.

I applaud heroes like that brave Auto Zone employee. I despise cowards like DirtyB who want him fired.

Load Metric

From what I've learned about you Barry, throughout your life you have demonstrated cowardice, weakness and an uncanny knack of blaming others for your failures. In short, you're a wimp.

The Auto Zone employee left the crime scene to retrieve his weapon then returned to confront the criminal.

If I were the owner of that Auto Zone or just a customer, I would have been grateful to that brave employee. The news reports said that thief had previously robbed more than 30 businesses. He was a dangerous serial robber.

Although you side with the dangerous criminal and Auto Zone corporate big wigs who fired that brave man, I appreciate his bravery, company loyalty and quick thinking.

I think the Auto Zone worker deserves a raise and an award. You believe the robber deserves a low bail and forgiveness for his troubled upbringing.

I applaud heroes like that brave Auto Zone employee. I despise cowards like DirtyB who want him fired.

You are honestly too dumb to argue with.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Company policy supersedes heroism in today's world. You're looking at it like he needs an award for his actions and Barry is telling you why he was fired.

He's not on either side afaik.

Load Metric

I despise cowards like DirtyB who want him fired.
    I'm not a fan of Dirty B but your incessant unprovoked trolling is getting out of hand STP. You are going at it in threads that he hasn't even posted in. Give it a break old timer.

If not, Druff may need to give your old ass a nap.

Load Metric
    this is a case of damned if you do damned if you don't

he likely would have been fired because a lot of companies have a policy that if so much money is in the drawer and is stolen you can be fired.

stupid move imo.

nothing courageous about this, just stupid.

Banned
    Load Metric

You are honestly too intelligent to argue with.
    TY. I know you are a dimwit.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

I despise cowards like DirtyB who want him fired.
    I'm not a fan of Dirty B but your incessant unprovoked trolling is getting out of hand STP. You are going at it in threads that he hasn't even posted in. Give it a break old timer.

If not, Druff may need to give your old ass a nap.
    PAY ATTENTION!

That Auto Zone employee did not deserve to be fired.

Thread Information