Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas hires the coach from Wisconsin?

Silver
    Load Metric

Arkansas hires the coach from Wisconsin?

What a strange and odd career move. I thought this fucking guy was a lifelong Badger? And he ducks out to Arkansas? WTF?

This looks like Rodriguez to Michigan all over again, only reverse.

Looks like Auburn hired a spare. Tennessee goes small as well.

LOL @ all these fags thinking they were going Gruden.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Moving to the SEC is a step up but yeah it always frustrates me when coaches make moves like this before bowl games.

Wisconsin is likely getting owned in the Rose Bowl which I can't even remember a team with as bad of a record as them playing in that bowl in history.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post

Looks like Auburn hired a spare.
    You apparently don't know who the hell Gus Malzahn is. He was Auburn's offensive coordinator when they won the BCS in 2011 and is possibly one of the top five offensive minds in college football. I wish that he had turned them down because it is bad for my team that he is taking over on the plains. My biggest hope now is that he doesn't find a good defensive coordinator.

Load Metric
    What a strange and odd career move. I thought this fucking guy was a lifelong Badger? And he ducks out to Arkansas? WTF?

His Iowa tattoo on his leg would say different. Your such a moron you just start threads without knowing any facts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Moving to the SEC is a step up but yeah it always frustrates me when coaches make moves like this before bowl games.

Wisconsin is likely getting owned in the Rose Bowl which I can't even remember a team with as bad of a record as them playing in that bowl in history.
    Their better then their record. For one they started the season with a horrible qb the guy cant complete a pass. They lost 4 games by 3 points and 1 by 7 in ot to Ohio st who they dominated. 3 loses in ot. Not sure how the coaching change will work out but it cant help them, but it will still be a good close game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

pe

Wisconsin + around 7 will be some of the easiest money around. Stanford and Wisconsin are almost mirror images of the other. I have no idea about who is going to coach RB, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Alvarez step into the spot and win.

Load Metric

I agree with this. Bielema is incredibly thin-skinned and took umbrage with the media and some fans in Madison kicking him around this year. I see 3 and out at Arky for BB. Good luck on going to the SEC and being on the hot seat from Day 1. He was pissed at Urban Meyer playing rough recruiting. Now he is in the major leagues of rough recruiting. There are more players down there, but he hasn't exactly shown himself to be a great recruiter. He also has a roster full of players from Petrino and company built to sling the ball around the field. A serious departure from his power run game which is going to take a while to stock.

The only smart thing about the move is if he got paid considerably more. His stock will never be higher than now. He made hay while Michigan was down in recruiting and is only relevant this year because Ohio State and Penn State are ineligible. He got out coached by O'Brien, which places him as the 3rd best coach on his side of the B1g in a state with no talent. Going forward, there weren't many B1G championships in Wisconsin's future.

I just laugh now at his quote from earlier this year when he was mad at Meyer.

"I can tell you this," Bielema told The Sporting News. "We at the Big Ten don’t want to be like the SEC — in any way, shape or form.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

Looks like Auburn hired a spare.
    You apparently don't know who the hell Gus Malzahn is. He was Auburn's offensive coordinator when they won the BCS in 2011 and is possibly one of the top five offensive minds in college football. I wish that he had turned them down because it is bad for my team that he is taking over on the plains. My biggest hope now is that he doesn't find a good defensive coordinator.
    Saban has to be shaking. Gus is a 7-5 coach. Not because I know much about him. I just don't like his fucking name.

I also remember the boosters were apparently shipping a ton of bling to Cam's Dad during his recruitment under Gus, so we will see what he can do playing by the rules. Looks like the NCAA is sniffing around there yet again. Looks like a few 3-11 seasons on the horizon for Auburn.

And LOL @ leg tattoo coach. He'll wilt down in the SEC. What a disloyal motherfucker.

Load Metric

How were/are the Cayman Islands?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

How were/are the Cayman Islands?
    I thought I fucking said last week I rescheduled for January you obsessed jackass

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Good chance the Wisconsin coach knows the cupboard is bare moving forward, and is trying to get out while his stock is high. It seems that when high profile coaches leave a seemingly good job for one that is not obviously better, the program struggles right after he leaves, and it is revealed he didn't recruit very well in his last couple years.

Off the top of my head urban Meyer at Florida, Pete Carroll at USC, Rich Rod at WVU, and the coach that retired at Michigan before Rich Rod, stand out as examples of guys who made moves that looked curious at the time but made sense when the teams they left showed major talent drops.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Good chance the Wisconsin coach knows the cupboard is bare moving forward, and is trying to get out while his stock is high. It seems that when high profile coaches leave a seemingly good job for one that is not obviously better, the program struggles right after he leaves, and it is revealed he didn't recruit very well in his last couple years.

Off the top of my head urban Meyer at Florida, Pete Carroll at USC, Rich Rod at WVU, and the coach that retired at Michigan before Rich Rod, stand out as examples of guys who made moves that looked curious at the time but made sense when the teams they left showed major talent drops.
    I guarantee you this isnt close to true. There was always people here in WI that thought BB was never a good x's and o's coach and was only as good as his assistant coaches. Then when a bunch of assistants left after last year and WI struggled especially early on it proved everyone right. Personally im not sure its correct, but I wouldnt be suprised to see him succeed or flop at Ark, but he wore out his welcome in WI to alot of people especially the media, and alot of people wanted him fired which I think is crazy, but there was a good chance if he lost the Rose Bowl then had a subpar year next year he would most likely have been fired.

Remember this name thats going to UW next year Alec James. He went to school with my son and I know him and his mother well. The kids a man child a fuckin beast. I'm just hoping BB leaving doesnt change any recruits minds.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I believe florida recruited well after Meyer left, he was just obsessed and gained a lot of health problems. It just took them a couple years to get back

Carroll left because he knew sanctions were getting dropped and he got a good NFl gig with control. talent dropped because of sanctions.

And WVU has done well and had some talented teams since Rich rod left as well.

The case of Michigan I agree, they were getting crushed in recruiting and it was time to move to the next guy and it has taken this long time to get where they are now and were last year

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    I believe florida recruited well after Meyer left, he was just obsessed and gained a lot of health problems. It just took them a couple years to get back

Carroll left because he knew sanctions were getting dropped and he got a good NFl gig with control. talent dropped because of sanctions.

And WVU has done well and had some talented teams since Rich rod left as well.

The case of Michigan I agree, they were getting crushed in recruiting and it was time to move to the next guy and it has taken this long time to get where they are now and were last year
    i am not talking about recruiting well AFTER they left. i am talking about having a couple bad recruiting classes in the last couple years and then skipping town when the program was about to go into a lull.

it is obvious meyer had no replacement for tebow to run his offense, which is all about QB, so they were going to struggle for a couple years. Would meyer have had to leave due to his health problems if they still had Cam Newton ready to take over after Tebow left? i doubt it.

And remember, for all the talent at offense, Carroll was primarily a defensive coach, and at the tail end of his run i think 3 of their 4 linebackers were 1st round draft picks, and both their safeties were drafted too, and in Kiffin's first year it was obvious Carroll had done nothing to replace those players.

And WVU did have a big drop off since Rich Rod left. his last year they finished #3 in the country and would have played in the natl championship game if not for losing to Pitt the last game of the season. And then Slaton and white went to the nfl, the cupboard was bare, and they have not come close to those lofty heights since.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    My father just told me that the SID at wisconsin just texted him to inform him that Barry Alvarez plans to coach in the Rose Bowl, the announcement is expected to come tomorrow. You heard it here first.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerPrince2 View Post
    My father just told me that the SID at wisconsin just texted him to inform him that Barry Alvarez plans to coach in the Rose Bowl, the announcement is expected to come tomorrow. You heard it here first.
    BCR predicted that yesterday. Nice second get though. Now go report the moon landing

Bronze
    Load Metric
    It was not official yesterday, and wont be official until tomorrow. But now that is set in stone that he will be coaching the game.

Load Metric
    BB wanted to coach them but once they announced him at Ark then of course Alveraz would coach because he wont jump into getting a coach unless its Chryst, and he said hes coaching Pitt in their Bowl game. I wish Pitt didnt have a bowl then he could sign right away and coach the Rose bowl. Not sure what his buyout is but their acting like they really want him.

Load Metric

He didnt leave because of a talent drop. He left because hes a scumbag that broke the rules and got the fuck out of dodge so he didnt have to pay the price.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    BB wanted to coach them but once they announced him at Ark then of course Alveraz would coach because he wont jump into getting a coach unless its Chryst, and he said hes coaching Pitt in their Bowl game. I wish Pitt didnt have a bowl then he could sign right away and coach the Rose bowl. Not sure what his buyout is but their acting like they really want him.

It's $18 million this year according to Pitt insiders, so I am curious if they get him. That is usually negotiable, but they aren't going to buy him out of anything in that range. He has one of those contracts where the buyout drops every year by $4-$6 million until it reaches a few million after like 4 years.The only caveat is if he had an out for Wisconsin like Meyer had for Ohio State and ND, and Kelley had for ND. According to Pitt alum, he doesn't, because I don't think he really saw that job as being open in the next few years and wanted a head coaching gig and wasn't arguing over details. This is just hearsay from Pitt guys, albeit connected ones, so we'll see what happens. The timing for him was bad if indeed that is his buyout.

Thread Information