Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The BCS is a fucking joke

Load Metric

The BCS is a fucking joke

Even more this year than in past years. The SEC has 6 of the top ten teams and by rule only two can play in BCS bowls. Northern Illinois is in over Jokelahoma because by bylaws. Fucking Wisconsin has 5 losses and there in the Rose Bowl. This shit is just fucking horrible. Then to top it all off the do not put K State or Oregon against Florida to test the ongoing SEC defense versus other conferences' offenses debate.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Even more this year than in past years. The SEC has 6 of the top ten teams and by rule only two can play in BCS bowls. Northern Illinois is in over Jokelahoma because by bylaws. Fucking Wisconsin has 5 losses and there in the Rose Bowl. This shit is just fucking horrible. Then to top it all off the do not put K State or Oregon against Florida to test the ongoing SEC defense versus other conferences' offenses debate.
    Wisconsin is in based on the BCS deal with the Rose Bowl dude. The Rose Bowl's agreement says that if The Big Ten Winner and PAC-10 winner are not involved in the BCS title game that they get 1st dibs as the Rose Bowl has traditionally continued to stick to its roots as the game between the B10 champion and P-10 champion, unlike the other older Traditional New Years Bowls like the Cotton, Orange, Sugar who all sold out for the BCS money, with some nods to the Orange Bowl for still picking usually the TOP ACC team for their bowl as was tradition for years (the exception being when the Pre official Title game became seperate and was rotated and the Sugar Bowl had Va Tech in the title game as I recall)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Wisconsin is in based on the BCS deal with the Rose Bowl dude. The Rose Bowl's agreement says that if The Big Ten Winner and PAC-10 winner are not involved in the BCS title game that they get 1st dibs as the Rose Bowl has traditionally continued to stick to its roots as the game between the B10 champion and P-10 champion, unlike the other older Traditional New Years Bowls like the Cotton, Orange, Sugar who all sold out for the BCS money, with some nods to the Orange Bowl for still picking usually the TOP ACC team for their bowl as was tradition for years (the exception being when the Pre official Title game became seperate and was rotated and the Sugar Bowl had Va Tech in the title game as I recall)
    That's even more reason why it's a joke. Even if Wisconsin is a "conference champion" they do not belong in a prestigious bowl game. It's the deals that the BCS cut with the conferences that make it so bad. There are many more interesting matchups than what we will get stuck with this year.

Banned
    Load Metric
    It's a shame because the little caesars bowl doesn't get enough love bros

Load Metric
    That's even more reason why it's a joke. Even if Wisconsin is a "conference champion" they do not belong in a prestigious bowl game. It's the deals that the BCS cut with the conferences that make it so bad. There are many more interesting matchups than what we will get stuck with this year.
    It wasnt a conference thing at all it was a ROSE BOWL decision period. The Rose Bowl made the demand that they get the Big 10 and PAC-10 champions if available to maintain the historical rivalry of the bowl between the conferences and nothing more. That was always the Rose Bowls traditional matchup and to agree to be part of the BCS system (which at this point basically its not other then it giving up its rights to those champs if they are BCS title contenders) they demanded those conditions because the Rose Bowls agreement with the Big 10 and Pac-10 pre-date the BCS by a long margain.

Load Metric
    It wasnt a conference thing at all it was a ROSE BOWL decision period. The Rose Bowl made the demand that they get the Big 10 and PAC-10 champions if available to maintain the historical rivalry of the bowl between the conferences and nothing more. That was always the Rose Bowls traditional matchup and to agree to be part of the BCS system (which at this point basically its not other then it giving up its rights to those champs if they are BCS title contenders) they demanded those conditions because the Rose Bowls agreement with the Big 10 and Pac-10 pre-date the BCS by a long margain.
    OK then the deal was cut between the BCS and the Rose Bowl committee either way it is not leading to anything that should involve the words "championship series". When only 6 of the top 10 teams in their own standings are playing in their bowls then there is a problem. The playoffs cannot get here fast enough,

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The system has always sucked brajs I'm not sure why we need to repeat this well known fact.

Load Metric
    On an unrelated note, according to reports it appears that La Tech at 9-3 will not be going to a bowl game after their AD turned down an offer to go to the Independence Bowl and then go no offers after that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    at least they got the National championship game right which they have done more often than not

other than that who really gives a shit. The games mean nothing as far as rankings. At least the schools will get some exposure to promote with recruiting

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    at least they got the National championship game right which they have done more often than not

other than that who really gives a shit. The games mean nothing as far as rankings. At least the schools will get some exposure to promote with recruiting
    I see what you're saying and you're right. How much better would it be though to see Oregon play Florida and K State play Georgia or Texas A&M? I am obviously biased towards the SEC, but I also like to see entertaining games.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I see what you're saying and you're right. How much better would it be though to see Oregon play Florida and K State play Georgia or Texas A&M? I am obviously biased towards the SEC, but I also like to see entertaining games.
    Which is exactly why we need a 16 game playoff!

Load Metric
    Northern Illinois deserves it. They met the requirement of bring ranked in the top 16 out of a non-AQ conference. People complain the non-big name teams don't get a seat at the table then they complain when one actually makes it to the BCS. If there were no way for teams from a non-AQ conference to go to a BCS bowl the non-AQ conference teams would sue, and they would win. Or Congress would get involved which would be even worse. Instead they all get a small cut of the BCS moneytruck and an outside chance to get a team in there every year. Fair is fair.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

There are lots of casual fans that are only interested in watching a game that has a team playing that they know some players on. For many it is only teams within the Conference they follow. I don't follow the SEC and could care less about any of those matchups you like and won't watch them. Guys like you will probably watch any game, and just complain about the matchup. The League want viewers, not necessarily happy viewers.

The BCS / Bullshit Championship of Slaves should be abolished.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Northern Illinois deserves it. They met the requirement of bring ranked in the top 16 out of a non-AQ conference. People complain the non-big name teams don't get a seat at the table then they complain when one actually makes it to the BCS. If there were no way for teams from a non-AQ conference to go to a BCS bowl the non-AQ conference teams would sue, and they would win. Or Congress would get involved which would be even worse. Instead they all get a small cut of the BCS moneytruck and an outside chance to get a team in there every year. Fair is fair.
    I understand that Northern Illinois got in by the letter of the rules but they are not better than the teams that were passed up due to said rules. They had a great season and they deserve to go to a bowl, but they do not belong on the field with Florida State. As for the rest or your assertion, the non AQ schools need to schedule tougher non-conference schedules and/or move to a more competitive conference.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

There are lots of casual fans that are only interested in watching a game that has a team playing that they know some players on. For many it is only teams within the Conference they follow. I don't follow the SEC and could care less about any of those matchups you like and won't watch them. Guys like you will probably watch any game, and just complain about the matchup.
    Go troll somewhere else faggot.

Load Metric
    Go troll somewhere else faggot.

tight

Load Metric
    WI being in the Rose Bowl is because Ohio st and Pennst broke the rules. A team with 5 loses in a BCS game is a joke, but WI is better then their record,a dn if their 2nd string QB stayed healthy they wouldnt have lost 5 close games including 3 in overtime. They dominated Ohio st on both sides of the ball and no one would complain if Ohio st was in the Rose Bowl.

To me the biggest bullshit is how losing your conference championship games hurts you more then not playing at all. If Fl played Bama instead of Georgia then Georgia would be in and FL would be out. Makes no sense and the only reason your only allowed 2 from a conference is all about monbey and nothing to do with football.

Its a very flawed system and N Ill and WI getting a bid over Georgia is just plain wrong and I'm a Badger fan.

Load Metric
    I understand that Northern Illinois got in by the letter of the rules but they are not better than the teams that were passed up due to said rules. They had a great season and they deserve to go to a bowl, but they do not belong on the field with Florida State. As for the rest or your assertion, the non AQ schools need to schedule tougher non-conference schedules and/or move to a more competitive conference.

I've always felt the smaller schools should never been in the BCS even if their good enough which N ILL definitely isnt. A team like Boise goes undeafted gets in and beats OK and they proved they were good enough to beat a worthy team in 1 game but that doesnt mean that if they played top competition every week they would be in the same position.

The reason most big conference schools dont go undefeated alot is because its hard to win every week when you face good opponents. You have to always play your best where a team Like Boise doesnt they can play bad and win by 30. Not to mention injuries, rivalries, and just the week in week out grind of playing tough competition. If your good enough to beat horrible competition you get rewarded by being given 30 days to prepare for a good team that wishes they were playing someone else.

Load Metric
    For once Shady J and I agree on something until the next UFC thread gets started.

Load Metric
    So the elitist BCS conference honks created a flawed system to benefit themselves and lock out the mid-majors, then they were forced to throw the "Ranked in the top 16 and ranked higher than a BCS conference champion" autobid rule to avoid an anti-trust lawsuit without having to change the system... then when a team finally takes advantage of that rule the BCS elitists cry foul?

Teams like Georgia aren't being screwed, win their games and they are in. Deal with it. Come to me and bitch when your team gets screwed out of the national title game like mine did in 2008.

You can't create a bullshit post season, reap the benefits of it for years and years, then whine like a bitch when it doesn't fall 100% in your favor. Cant have it both ways.

Thread Information