Thread: Dana White improving public image

Load Metric

Dana White improving public image

I swear this guy couldn;t give the UFC a worse public image if he tried. Here's a pic that was just posted by the ufc on facebook. For those who don;t know the ufc does a lot of work with homeless vets which just shows how moronic these guys are.

EDIT turns out this was some skit for football (perhaps seeing the skit on tv might make it less offensive?). I can't believe how bad a fuck up this is posting on facebook with no description.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Name:  60580_10151321033186276_2030153449_n.jpg
Views: 9886
Size:  102.1 KB
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 12-02-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Load Metric
    Controversy is the new PR, welcome to the last 20 years. Ketchup.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    In most cases I'd agree. But UFC is a much different story in terms of where it came from. They have had image problems since their inception and most people will agree its hurt their ability to grow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    In most cases I'd agree. But UFC is a much different story in terms of where it came from. They have had image problems since their inception and most people will agree its hurt their ability to grow.
    IDK it is a bunch of guys punching and kicking each other in the head for real. A huge portion of the population doesn't really enjoy watching this, so I don't really think they have much potential for growth to begin with.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    That's at least one level too deep for PR. Controversy = People talking about you = Top of mind awareness of brand. Which means basically cater to those that are familiar with the brand, not necessarily find new eyeballs.

In example: You posted a link on a poker forum called 'Dana White Improving Public Image'. The individual looking at threads here is probably more aware of things MMA related and so may know who the fuck Dana White is, the assumption on your part that everyone here does as well. People who don't know MMA probably have heard of UFC but not of Dana White and would not click on the thread, people who know UFC and don't care for it wouldn't click on this link. You in your own way drilled down to just those people who know who Dana White and MMA and UFC are and catered this message just to them, otherwise the post title to reach a more broad audience would be like 'millionaire guy dresses up like bum for charity to help homeless - backfires miserably'. So on your own you catered this thread to just those that know what all of it is about, and that is where this pic will circulate, not outside in the TMZ world.

Load Metric

That's at least one level too deep for PR. Controversy = People talking about you = Top of mind awareness of brand. Which means basically cater to those that are familiar with the brand, not necessarily find new eyeballs.

In example: You posted a link on a poker forum called 'Dana White Improving Public Image'. The individual looking at threads here is probably more aware of things MMA related and so may know who the fuck Dana White is, the assumption on your part that everyone here does as well. People who don't know MMA probably have heard of UFC but not of Dana White and would not click on the thread, people who know UFC and don't care for it wouldn't click on this link. You in your own way drilled down to just those people who know who Dana White and MMA and UFC are and catered this message just to them, otherwise the post title to reach a more broad audience would be like 'millionaire guy dresses up like bum for charity to help homeless - backfires miserably'. So on your own you catered this thread to just those that know what all of it is about, and that is where this pic will circulate, not outside in the TMZ world.
    I understand very well how negative publicity works. Ironically Dana has fired multiple UFC fighters for innapropriate twitters (including one who criticized obama) yet he continues to do the most assinine things.

UFC has struggled for years with public relations in NA, much worse than mma has fared in other parts of the world where it gets much more respect. MMA events are illegal in numerous states throughout USA and UFC has struggled for years trying to break through into mainstream tv. It took a reality show on a network catered to men of all things to push it through. There is a reason why MMA is viewed so differently in the USA than the outside world and while it is not 100% tied to Dana, his actions only serve to support his detracters.

Early UFC was controversial as hell but most people will tell you it only served to hurt the brand long term and stiffle its development.

Load Metric
    Wow, looks a lot different from the last time I saw him. Where'd his long red hair go?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

I understand very well how negative publicity works. Ironically Dana has fired multiple UFC fighters for innapropriate twitters (including one who criticized obama) yet he continues to do the most assinine things.

UFC has struggled for years with public relations in NA, much worse than mma has fared in other parts of the world where it gets much more respect. MMA events are illegal in numerous states throughout USA and UFC has struggled for years trying to break through into mainstream tv. It took a reality show on a network catered to men of all things to push it through. There is a reason why MMA is viewed so differently in the USA than the outside world and while it is not 100% tied to Dana, his actions only serve to support his detracters.

Early UFC was controversial as hell but most people will tell you it only served to hurt the brand long term and stiffle its development.
    The reason why MMA is illegal in NY is because of political corruption, nothing more.

Load Metric
    I wish it was illegal everywhere just so I wouldn't have to hear about it.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Ironically Dana has fired multiple UFC fighters for innapropriate twitters (including one who criticized obama) yet he continues to do the most assinine things.
    Torres was fired twice for shit like rape jokes on twitter. Don't know what you are talking about with the Obama comment, and can't think of anyone else fired for tweets. Maybe you were thinking about War Machine's blog on Evan Tanner?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

IDK it is a bunch of guys punching and kicking each other in the head for real. A huge portion of the population doesn't really enjoy watching this, so I don't really think they have much potential for growth to begin with.

Yup no potential for a vast audience. They ran their first show in Macau. In addition they will be running a show in Australia December 15th and shows in Brazil and possibly India in 2013. Most definitely on their way out just like the XFL and betamax.

Load Metric

EDIT turns out this was some skit for football (perhaps seeing the skit on tv might make it less offensive?). I can't believe how bad a fuck up this is posting on facebook with no description.
    you need to watch the whole video for context but Dana is at 1:55

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Hurt their ability to grow?? LOL.

Dana/Fertitta's took it from a $2 MILLION struggling company, into a $2 BILLION conglomerate in about 10 years.

I would say they are growing just fine.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Hurt their ability to grow?? LOL.

Dana/Fertitta's took it from a $2 MILLION struggling company, into a $2 BILLION conglomerate in about 10 years.

I would say they are growing just fine.

The image problems stemming from the early 90;s hurt their ability to grow. I was referring to ufc having overcome that (not recent growth).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Ironically Dana has fired multiple UFC fighters for innapropriate twitters (including one who criticized obama) yet he continues to do the most assinine things.
    Torres was fired twice for shit like rape jokes on twitter. Don't know what you are talking about with the Obama comment, and can't think of anyone else fired for tweets. Maybe you were thinking about War Machine's blog on Evan Tanner?
    Correct. Warmachine also had some comments around obama where he took some shit from Dana. His old myspace stuff was batshit insane, like worse than anything you have read on the boards here, except for bobbiebensen.

ah here found it

EDIT turns out it was not UFC but bellator that fired him (ufc had already gotten rid of him at that point)

Name:  3215525447_a2d445f139.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  97.9 KB
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 12-02-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

you need to watch the whole video for context but Dana is at 1:55

I could listen to 1:55 on loop lol. BTW I don;t think its nearly as bad when seen as part of the comedy sketch. Problem is the guy running ufc facebook put up th epick with like no context and as a result people are going crazy with their comments. Literally had thousands of comments within hours and about 90% were extremely negative. Picture has now been pulled and ufc is in damage control lol.
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 12-02-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

IDK it is a bunch of guys punching and kicking each other in the head for real.
    It's better than a bunch of guys pretending to fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Thread Information