Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KC Chiefs season somehow just got worse...

Load Metric

KC Chiefs season somehow just got worse...

Linebacker Javon Belcher shoots his girlfriend, then drives to stadium, kills himself in front of the coaches.

http://deadspin.com/5964841/report-kansas-city-chiefs-lb-jovan-belcher-killed-his-girlfriend-drove-to-the-chiefs-practice-facility-and-killed-himself-[updating]

I'm sure someone will blame concussions, as that's the theme of this season.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Linebacker Javon Belcher shoots his girlfriend, then drives to stadium, kills himself in front of the coaches.

http://deadspin.com/5964841/report-kansas-city-chiefs-lb-jovan-belcher-killed-his-girlfriend-drove-to-the-chiefs-practice-facility-and-killed-himself-[updating]

I can't imagine how they're supposed to prepare for a game tomorrow. That really sucks.

As for the concussion thing, it's pretty easy to tell how much brain damage someone had by examining their brain under a microscope. So depending on how much damage was done to his head and if the family cooperates, we could get a factual answer on that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Forget concussions the gun did the killing.

Guaranteed win day tomorrow as game will be dedicated blah blah blah

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Hypothetical.

You are Romeo Crennel and Scott Pioli, who obviously have an extensive relationship with the player. They were outside the complex talking to him before this happens. Apparently he gets in the car with them still there outside, never threatening them in the least bit.

You are on the phone with 911, and ask them what you should do now he has a gun. They obv tell you to stay away let police handle it. Looks like he is about to end it all, he is internally debating with the gun to his head.

Would you ignore them and try to approach and talk some sense into him, knowing he isn't going to turn the gun on you?

Or just stand back and let whatever happens happen?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Hypothetical.

You are Romeo Crennel and Scott Pioli, who obviously have an extensive relationship with the player. They were outside the complex talking to him before this happens. Apparently he gets in the car with them still there outside, never threatening them in the least bit.

You are on the phone with 911, and ask them what you should do now he has a gun. They obv tell you to stay away let police handle it. Looks like he is about to end it all, he is internally debating with the gun to his head.

Would you ignore them and try to approach and talk some sense into him, knowing he isn't going to turn the gun on you?

If I know I'm in no danger then no way am I letting someone kill themselves on my watch. Couldn't live with myself, whether its family, friends or even people I don't like in general.

Wanted to edit that I have no friends so check that. Shocked?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Hypothetical.

If I know I'm in no danger then no way am I letting someone kill themselves on my watch. Couldn't live with myself, whether its family, friends or even people I don't like in general.

Same here. I don't give a fuck what the police tell me I am trying to get that gun from him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

I can't imagine how they're supposed to prepare for a game tomorrow. That really sucks.

As for the concussion thing, it's pretty easy to tell how much brain damage someone had by examining their brain under a microscope. So depending on how much damage was done to his head and if the family cooperates, we could get a factual answer on that.
    When Junior Seau killed himself he wanted his brain to be studied so to avoid damaging it he shot himself in the chest which reportedly is extremely fucking painful.

Imagine the coach and GM. A guy shoots himself right in front of you. I can't imagine how that feels.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

Same here. I don't give a fuck what the police tell me I am trying to get that gun from him.
    I'd have to be pretty damn sure there was zero chance it would be turned on me or others.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

I'd have to be pretty damn sure there was zero chance it would be turned on me or others.
    I think given the circumstances that is a pretty safe bet.

These are the 2 guys that made his NFL dream come true, who he thanked before he killed himself.

They were in no danger.

This guy seemed to have some rage issues with women in the past.

I used to be an EMT at UMaine. Where he went to school.

One night Javon got angry over a girl, and punched a window, the shards of glass cut his wrist, and completely severed his right thumb. When we pulled up on scene he was sitting on the sidewalk, a huge pool of blood around him. He passed out from loss of blood on the way to the ER.

We got him to the hospital in time to save the thumb, and I was always impressed to see him in the NFL. I would think "Hey, I had a part in this guy being alive, and part of the reason he's still able to catch a football!"

So much for that...
    Sounds like a similar situation where he just lost it, sad that he had to hurt someone else this time instead of himself.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Reminds me of the opening scene of "The Last Boyscout".
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Silver
    Load Metric
    kills his girlfriend, what a fag.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Game should be postponed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

These are the 2 guys that made his NFL dream come true, who he thanked before he killed himself.

They were in no danger.

Sounds like a similar situation where he just lost it, sad that he had to hurt someone else this time instead of himself.

The guy offs his girlfriend & you think they(coach & GM) were in "no danger" & it's a "pretty safe bet" he won't turn the gun on them or others?

All I have to say is WOW.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

They were in no danger.

The guy offs his girlfriend & you think they(coach & GM) were in "no danger" & it's a "pretty safe bet" he won't turn the gun on them or others?

I think we are all making assumptions here, when we have no clue how exactly that whole conversation happened. I seriously doubt Belcher walked up to them, gun in hand, and said "I just shot my girlfriend, and I'm going to shoot myself, but thank you guys for everything."

I'd guess Belcher probably just did the whole "thank you..." part out of nowhere, which would confuse the hell out of Crennel and Pioli and Gibbs (since it is not like he was released or anything). It seems like he did that, and abrubtly started leaving, and then the staff followed him outside trying to figure out what was happening. It's very possible they had no clue he even had a gun until the 5 seconds it took for him to grab it and put the shot in his dome.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I think we are all making assumptions here, when we have no clue how exactly that whole conversation happened. I seriously doubt Belcher walked up to them, gun in hand, and said "I just shot my girlfriend, and I'm going to shoot myself, but thank you guys for everything."

I'd guess Belcher probably just did the whole "thank you..." part out of nowhere, which would confuse the hell out of Crennel and Pioli and Gibbs. It seems like he did that, and abrubtly started leaving, and then the staff followed him outside trying to figure out what was happening. It's very possible they had no clue he even had a gun until the 5 seconds it took for him to grab it and put the shot in his dome.
    lol

Load Metric

I'd guess Belcher probably just did the whole "thank you..." part out of nowhere, which would confuse the hell out of Crennel and Pioli and Gibbs (since it is not like he was released or anything). It seems like he did that, and abrubtly started leaving, and then the staff followed him outside trying to figure out what was happening. It's very possible they had no clue he even had a gun until the 5 seconds it took for him to grab it and put the shot in his dome.
    You must have missed the earlier conversation where he stated he'd try to get the gun from him.

You'd have to be fucking retarded to think there's "no danger" or a "pretty safe bet" to intervene with someone who just killed their girlfriend with the very same gun you say you'd try to get away from them because there's no danger. That's insane. Cops won't even do that & they're trained for this shit.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    cbs sports made a face-palm worthy post about Jovan's fantasy impact

"He had 38 tackles and was not a Fantasy IDP option in most formats."

http://deadspin.com/5964872/cbs-fant...-jovan-belcher

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    cbs sports made a face-palm worthy post about Jovan's fantasy impact

"He had 38 tackles and was not a Fantasy IDP option in most formats."

http://deadspin.com/5964872/cbs-fant...-jovan-belcher
    I liked the Deadspin commenter who said "If the guy was a Patriot, Belichick would list him as probable for tomorrow's game."

Load Metric

You must have missed the earlier conversation where he stated he'd try to get the gun from him.

You'd have to be fucking retarded to think there's "no danger" or a "pretty safe bet" to intervene with someone who just killed their girlfriend with the very same gun you say you'd try to get away from them because there's no danger. That's insane. Cops won't even do that & they're trained for this shit.
    well, nevermind that post of mine anyway, as I just read that he did have the gun to his head outside in the parking lot, as the coaches were talking to him, according to police.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I liked the Deadspin commenter who said "If the guy was a Patriot, Belichick would list him as probable for tomorrow's game."
    Inappropriate, outrageous and totally hilarious.

Thread Information