Thread: Fired for wearing orange

Load Metric

Fired for wearing orange

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...181404912.html

I cant imagine that there isnt more to this story. A law firm fires 14 employees for wearing orange shirts one day, unprovoked? C'mon man!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

I cant imagine that there isnt more to this story. A law firm fires 14 employees for wearing orange shirts one day, unprovoked? C'mon man!
    More evidence that Florida is the most retarded state in the nation.

There was probably a bit more to this, though. Perhaps some of the people wearing orange shirts had a history of complaining to management, and the executives figured this was their new way of protesting.

Pretty bad that Florida doesn't have any worker's rights laws against wrongful termination. I am often pro-employer when it comes to their right to terminate bad employees, but the employee also has to have some basic protection from being abused or fired for terrible reasons.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

More evidence that Florida is the most retarded state in the nation.

There was probably a bit more to this, though. Perhaps some of the people wearing orange shirts had a history of complaining to management, and the executives figured this was their new way of protesting.

Pretty bad that Florida doesn't have any worker's rights laws against wrongful termination. I am often pro-employer when it comes to their right to terminate bad employees, but the employee also has to have some basic protection from being abused or fired for terrible reasons.
    I also live in an at will state. I have never heard of anyone getting fired for anything ridiculous though. Just because you work in an at will state doesnt mean you cant still sue if you think some federal law was violated. Essentially anyone who isnt a 30-39 white male can sue for something! (i.e. racism, sexism, age discrimination, etc)

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    And there's really nothing anyone can do about the terminations since Florida is an at-will state, meaning employers can fire an employee who doesn't have a contract "for a good reason, for a bad reason or even for the wrong reason, as long as it's not an unlawful reason," Eric K. Gabrielle, a labor and employment lawyer at Stearns Weaver, told the Sun-Sentinel. Gabrielle said there was no apparent violation of the law in this case.
    A law firm that doesn't give you an employment contract? And this in a state that can fire people on a whim if you don't have a contract. The whole thing seems a bit shady and tbh the fired employees are probably better off elsewhere. And the ones that didn't get fired should probably walk too.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Druff how the fuck are we on the opposite sides of this. Im all for keeping companies out our personal lives but Jesus...this is at work....fuck thee people. let them eat cake.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLE-BOT View Post
    Druff how the fuck are we on the opposite sides of this. Im all for keeping companies out our personal lives but Jesus...this is at work....fuck thee people. let them eat cake.
    Crap ... No I am agreeing with Gamble?

It's the 7th sign!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why fuck the people?

If they actually violated the dress code, or committed any other act of work-civil-disobedience, I would be all for letting the company fire them.

But this appears to be a complete misunderstanding, where they were wrongly thought to have been protesting something.

Why should these people lose their jobs over this?

Load Metric
    Well, the employees might as well just stay fired...that law firm can expect to lose a few clients and not get many new ones for a time because of the negative buzz caused, so the firm probably won't be needing to replace those let go

also, i'd guess the managers/partners of the firm were not invited to the party - i read the managers/partners as typcial a-hole lawyers (severe sociopaths)

under the circumstances i don't see how any employee could want their job back

Load Metric
    Maybe the boss is Irish or something, and saw the Orange on the last day before St Paddy's Day as an insult.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Maybe the boss is Irish or something, and saw the Orange on the last day before St Paddy's Day as an insult.
    or Florida State Alumni

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Why fuck the people?

If they actually violated the dress code, or committed any other act of work-civil-disobedience, I would be all for letting the company fire them.

But this appears to be a complete misunderstanding, where they were wrongly thought to have been protesting something.

Why should these people lose their jobs over this?

because in a free market if they are good employees they will get jobs elsewhere and the law firm will eventually suffer from dumb decisions and lose business to a more efficient operation. Its hard enough firing people in a manner to avoid a lawsuit. If they were not protesting anything....then they would get hired back. There are a lot of ways to get rid of the overpaid trash...which is what most workers are. I promise you more than 50% of employees are terrible everywhere.

also i didn't read the story...i just can't be having fucking protests at work. form a goddamn union if u want. i had a little protest going on with some idiots these idiots were the same moronic people that post anti-union views on facebook. the views i dont have a problem with...its just they dont understand what they are talking about. Like listeninn to people discuss welfare. there are pros and cons sure but 90% of people discussing this matter dont know the first thing about welfare...they dont even know what area of the government it comes from and how it gets appoved. they dont even know that food stamps is a state run operation, not federal and they dont really know what federal is generally. so why the fuck discuss it. but they do. all the fucking time. sorry got off topic. had to bash rednecks real quick to distinguish myself from sounding like some limbaugh listener that understands literally half the picture when it comes to free markets.

anyway the insurrection was put down mercilessly. i dont need input from people dumber than me. hilarious that anti union types try to do just that the wrong way.

Thread Information