Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Form MLB All-Star Doug Decinces busted on Insider Trading

Load Metric

Form MLB All-Star Doug Decinces busted on Insider Trading

former San Fernando Valley star athelete (graduate of Monroe High School class of 1968 and attendee of Pierce JR College, the place Ken Scalir haunts to this day) was indicted today for insider trading...its claimed he netted $1.7 million of illegal profits

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/d...-angels-112812

Silver
    Load Metric
    Isn't insider trading extremely hard to prove? They must have an open and shut case.

Banned
    Load Metric
    1.7m... regular ass madoff they got here.

Load Metric
    It's amazing how much risk insider traders take compared to the profit they make. Bank robbers are even more -EV.

Also if you're a former MLB all-star you should have enough money to live comfortably if you manage your money and lifestyle prudently.

The stupidity of some people amazes me.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Banned
    Load Metric
    What's the most amount of time in prison you would spend for 1.7m? I think if I'm being completely honest I'd do a full year. I don't make anywhere near that amount now per year but I'd have small stipulations like my own cell, TV etc. I would stay away from the jail house food and eat whatever you can buy in the store. I'd probably be living off ramen and doritos for a year but I've done that before in college so for 1.7m whatever. As far as showers go I'd cut down on it significantly and avoid the yard like the plague.

You're basically snow white on ramen and doritos for 1 year for 1.7m. When you're up you're watching TV and reading books.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    What's the most amount of time in prison you would spend for 1.7m? I think if I'm being completely honest I'd do a full year. I don't make anywhere near that amount now per year but I'd have small stipulations like my own cell, TV etc. I would stay away from the jail house food and eat whatever you can buy in the store. I'd probably be living off ramen and doritos for a year but I've done that before in college so for 1.7m whatever. As far as showers go I'd cut down on it significantly and avoid the yard like the plague.

You're basically snow white on ramen and doritos for 1 year for 1.7m. When you're up you're watching TV and reading books.
    Straigh deal the time for the money, I agree. But in this case the Feds will be on him to recover the money for the rest of his life.

Load Metric

Generally white collar criminals aren't going to be sent to a place where you need to worry about dropping the soap.

Load Metric
    I've never really had a disdain for white collar criminals. I could see committing some white collars crimes if the price was right, especially if it was a 'grey area'.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    The problem with insider trading is the lax definition of it. If you go to a let's say High School reunion and talk to an old buddy and he's hammered and he says 'oh yeah i work at this drug firm and things are going well, keep it on the dl but this new drug is gonna get approved by the FDA in a couple of months" and you go home and plunk down a chunk of cash on his companies stock - poof - off to jail with you. Horseshit.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

Generally white collar criminals aren't going to be sent to a place where you need to worry about dropping the soap.
    I had a relative sent to federal prison on basically was a white collar crime for a three year stretch. I never saw him in jail, but he told me years later after a year sitting in a cement jail he damn near hung himself do to boredom.

True story, at least according to him: He had some words with some guy over the TV channels. A week later he went to his bunk and there was a huge festering piece of feces under his pillow. LOL. Not exactly OZ but traumatic if you ask me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    I've never really had a disdain for white collar criminals. I could see committing some white collars crimes if the price was right, especially if it was a 'grey area'.
    That's a problem. You should have someone look at it. These crimes still hurt people and not caring about that is not a good sign.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    That's a problem. You should have someone look at it. These crimes still hurt people and not caring about that is not a good sign.
    You hate America, and have an avatar of an American lead singer....who happened to shoot himself in the face....hmmm...nevermind, just keep on keepin on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

I had a relative sent to federal prison on basically was a white collar crime for a three year stretch. I never saw him in jail, but he told me years later after a year sitting in a cement jail he damn near hung himself do to boredom.

True story, at least according to him: He had some words with some guy over the TV channels. A week later he went to his bunk and there was a huge festering piece of feces under his pillow. LOL. Not exactly OZ but traumatic if you ask me.
    Wasn't he allowed to read books or something?

Having words over the TV channels in prison seems -EV. If I were in prison I would avoid all conflict with anyone at all costs unless I had to act in self-defense.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

You hate America, and have an avatar of an American lead singer....who happened to shoot himself in the face....hmmm...nevermind, just keep on keepin on.
    errrr not sure how that relates to this thread. To be clear I hate "America" which is the hype factory, the bullshit politics etc. I don't hate the people.

Cobain was an artist and had what most don't. He was a tortured soul and a good example that the "American Dream" is fallacy. All the money possible wasn't the answer to happiness.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

errrr not sure how that relates to this thread. To be clear I hate "America" which is the hype factory, the bullshit politics etc. I don't hate the people.

Cobain was an artist and had what most don't. He was a tortured soul and a good example that the "American Dream" is fallacy. All the money possible wasn't the answer to happiness.
    I think he would have knuckled up if he didn't have a chronic stomach issue.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    former San Fernando Valley star athelete (graduate of Monroe High School class of 1968 and attendee of Pierce JR College, the place Ken Scalir haunts to this day) was indicted today for insider trading...its claimed he netted $1.7 million of illegal profits

He should have run for office after his playing days were over. Its completely legal for our leaders in Washington to insider trade. Life is pretty good when the rules dont apply to you.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Look at this guy's stats. He had a HUGE year in 1982. Guy lost his way apparently.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

He should have run for office after his playing days were over. Its completely legal for our leaders in Washington to insider trade. Life is pretty good when the rules dont apply to you.
    What makes you say so?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Look at this guy's stats. He had a HUGE year in 1982. Guy lost his way apparently.
    he got off the steroids

Thread Information