Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New hard drive "windows is not genuine" message

Platinum
    Load Metric

New hard drive "windows is not genuine" message

Got a new hard drive about a month ago, and this stupid fucking message comes up on the bottom right side of my screen about 50 fucking times a day, saying that "windows is not genuine" and I need to fix it. I click the shit but it won't work or do anything at the link they give me.

Up until today the color of the message had a yellowish background, but now it just switched to red. I vaguely remember them saying I had a certain amount of time to get it fixed or something would happen.

I had the hard drive replaced at a local place, didn't do it myself. Did these fuckers put some stolen shit on my hard drive or what?

I need to fix this shit, any ideas let me know.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Right click my computer then properties, at the bottom press change product key, type in the windows key from the sticker at the underside of the laptop, on some you have to remove the battery to see the sticker

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ^^^^ Try that first and see but otherwise it's possible they did put a bad Windows version on if you had them not only install the HD but load the operating system on there as well.

A lot of times you should get an error code with the message which if you do write that down and then google what it means as that should give you a clearer idea why are you receiving that message.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Right click my computer then properties, at the bottom press change product key, type in the windows key from the sticker at the underside of the laptop, on some you have to remove the battery to see the sticker
    Of course the sticker was on the direct underside of the computer, not protected by the battery, and the printing is now worn off to the point where I can't make out the code. It is like 16 letters long and I can make out a handful. Unreal.

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Stop buying hard drives from Mexicans on the side of the fucking road.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    We don't have mexicans here, we have n-words.

And they are in the barber shops or on the corner, not on the side of the road.

Load Metric
    Well our Mexicans are very progressive I guess, went from selling oranges and papers to flash drives and bootlegs.

Load Metric
    Windows 7?

You can temporarily activate your version without a valid license key by running the command "slmgr.vbs /rearm" from an elevated command(dos) prompt.
    Just click the windows button, in the search field type "cmd", but don't hit enter. You'll see the CMD app appear in the found search. Right click the app and select, "run as administrator". Click yes to the confirmation prompt.

At that black dos prompt just type "slmgr.vbs /rearm" - hit enter, let it run - I think you get some kind of confirmation that it was successful. From there reboot, and you're good for 60 Days. You can only run this 3 times though before it demands licensing.

Blam, you're welcome.

So you don't think this is some shit to screw up your computer:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../ff793433.aspx

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAPedophile View Post
    Windows 7?

You can temporarily activate your version without a valid license key by running the command "slmgr.vbs /rearm" from an elevated command(dos) prompt.

Just click the windows button, in the search field type "cmd", but don't hit enter. You'll see the CMD app appear in the found search. Right click the app and select, "run as administrator". Click yes to the confirmation prompt.

At that black dos prompt just type "slmgr.vbs /rearm" - hit enter, let it run - I think you get some kind of confirmation that it was successful. From there reboot, and you're good for 60 Days. You can only run this 3 times though before it demands licensing.

Blam, you're welcome.

When I translate all that I will give it a try, thanks.

If there was any way you could slowly spell it out to someone who has no fucking idea what an "elevated command prompt" is that would be swell.

Thanks again.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    We don't have mexicans here, we have n-words.

And they are in the barber shops or on the corner, not on the side of the road.
    LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Windows 7?

Blam, you're welcome.

When I translate all that I will give it a try, thanks.

If there was any way you could slowly spell it out to someone who has no fucking idea what an "elevated command prompt" is that would be swell.

Thanks again.
    Find cdm.exe
    right click on file
    run as admin
    type in command slmgr.vbs /rearm

No idea if that works but it is what he is saying

Load Metric
    1. Click the circular windows button

Look at the bottom of the windows menu that opens - there's a field that says "Search for Programs and Files" with a magnifying glass to the right of it.
    2. In that search field, type "cmd" (but don't click enter)

The windows menu will automatically change, and show you a listing for the programs that match - only one does. There will be a little black icon with white lettering.
    3. Right click the CMD icon, and select the "run as administrator" option that's listed in the menu that appears when you right click it.

4. It will prompt you to confirm that you want to run this as an administrator. Click "yes"

A black command prompt will open.
    5. Where it says C:\Windows\system32> - type "slmgr.vbs /rearm" and hit enter.

6. Wait 2 minutes and reboot your computer
    Last edited by NotAPedophile; 11-28-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    1. Click the circular windows button

Look at the bottom of the windows menu that opens - there's a field that says "Search for Programs and Files" with a magnifying glass to the right of it.
    2. In that search field, type "cmd" (but don't click enter)

The windows menu will automatically change, and show you a listing for the programs that match - only one does. There will be a little black icon with white lettering.
    3. Right click the CMD icon, and select the "run as administrator" option that's listed in the menu that appears when you right click it.

4. It will prompt you to confirm that you want to run this as an administrator. Click "yes"

A black command prompt will open.
    5. Where it says C:\Windows\system32> - type "slmgr.vbs /rearm" and hit enter.

6. Wait 2 minutes and reboot your computer

Thanks, much appreciated. I will give it a try.

Banned
    Load Metric
    If that doesn't work I'd try deleting system 32 if that doesn't work you need to take it back and complain

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Windows Loader my man. Get that shit.

Load Metric
    That shit worked, right? If not, you're fucking retarded and there's no hope for you to succeed in life, other than signing up to the Empower Network and START MAKING MONEY EASY.

Step 1
    Watch the introductory video and learn the secrets to online page ranking and notoriety
    Step 2
    Put peanut butter on your dick after a losing session at the limerock and watch winnie gobble that shit down, don't worry, those bites will soon start to feel like PURE Bliss and you'll be on the fast track to easy money!
    Step 3
    Kill yourself on live webcam to promote failsite.com, and watch the sheckles roll in!

... Sorry, the sleeping pills are kicking in and I'm getting a bit slap happy. But seriously, if that didn't work, you're stupid.

Banned
    Load Metric
    hecka sheckles itt

honestly though it could be as simple as needing more RAM

Banned
    Load Metric
    If it's RAM related here's a video showing you how to download more RAM:

Thread Information