Thread: Cheap tablet for kids ~$100

Load Metric

Cheap tablet for kids ~$100

I did a bunch of research and ended up buying this one: http://www.ainol-novo.com/ainol-novo...ram-white.html

This one is not what I would buy for myself but it supports all the games kids want. Flash, Skype, G-sensor games, etc. and runs the latest Android OS, as well it has a developer community for custom ROMS. The stock ROM has a bunch of Chinese apps included so it in important to flash a new one upon arrival. The Chrystal is an iterative update from the ELF II which was another popular well accepted cheap tablet. I picked it up for $115 delivered. This tablet was released end of Sept and the original hardware driver issues have been resolved.

There are lots of resellers. If a cheap tablet is on your xmas list, this is a great option.

Load Metric
    Hi Deal

where do you buy it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hi Deal

Thanks so much for this thread. It's just the best and maybe your best.

God bless.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    Hi Deal

where do you buy it

Try Amazon you silly monkey.

Load Metric
    I used buyincoins but if I was in FL I would use http://www.flsuperstore.com/ The guy who owns it is active on the slatedroid forum.

Banned
    Load Metric
    If you have an iphone is there any reason to get an ipad? I want a tablet but I think I'm leaning toward android. Anyone that has an android tablet can you easily use flash like on vipbox etc? Would be nice to use for out of market games while lounging watching your local game on TV.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    If you have an iphone is there any reason to get an ipad? I want a tablet but I think I'm leaning toward android. Anyone that has an android tablet can you easily use flash like on vipbox etc? Would be nice to use for out of market games while lounging watching your local game on TV.
    unless you get a nexus 7, which imo is a bargain, dont even think about a 10 inch tablet as the apps arent optimized...everything looks shit

Load Metric

anything new similar quality & features come out for around a hudy that is available

without waiting for delivery from China OP
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    I have the Galaxy 10.1. The only issue I had was that I had to install an old version of adobe flash from the adobe website as the new Galaxy tablets don't support it and I have an Amazon Prime membership for instant videos. But it installed fine and works fine (there are youtube tutorials online on what you need to do). I haven't had any issues with Apps not working or looking like shit, but I only have a few installed like Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja (for the kids of course), Open Face Chinese and a couple others. Overall I'm very happy with it
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Just last week I read about a $30 tablet coming out of India that had decent specs. They are getting to the point of being disposable.
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    you've had that $100 job for a couple months now, any issues, or is it good for the kids? I might pick up two of them for mine

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    you've had that $100 job for a couple months now, any issues, or is it good for the kids? I might pick up two of them for mine
    I've had it since January, it arrived just after xmas on a slow boat from China. My 9 year old uses it everyday and I have yet to even have to look at it. He watches netfilx, youtube, plays flash games, and texts with the app textplus from it. It is perfect for him. If it breaks tomorrow I would not hesitate to order another one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I've had it since January, it arrived just after xmas on a slow boat from China. My 9 year old uses it everyday and I have yet to even have to look at it. He watches netfilx, youtube, plays flash games, and texts with the app textplus from it. It is perfect for him. If it breaks tomorrow I would not hesitate to order another one.
    Sweet, my kid has been bugging me to get her an iPad. Yeah, that's not gonna fucking happen. But I wouldn't mind picking up one of these for her.

Load Metric
    I'm looking at this and the Kindle Fire which is in the same ballpark price-wise for them, the Fire seems to have some extra settings and options that I think are worth the $30-$40 extra... Does anyone have experience with the Fire?

Thread Information