Thread: Carbon Store Fail

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Carbon Store Fail

I crossposted this from a thread I just made in the 2+2 Carbon forum

So I had some points kicking around in mid December and decided to order a camera and a lantern and tool kit for camping trips.

It was shipped rather quickly and Fedex was calling me for info on the model/make etc.. per FCC regulations.

I told Fedex there was no info on the camera in the store to fill out an FCC sheet. They told me they would contact the shipper as 99.9 % of items like this that get shipped from out of the country come with this info attatched. After multiple attempts to contact the shipper to get the required info they got no response and the items were sent back.

I get an email from the Carbon Store saying the items had been returned to them and they ask me if I want them reshipped. I say yes.

They reship the items and once again Fedex wants me to fill out some FCC form (which Carbon store should have already done). Here is the problem I don't have any of this information. The shipper should have all of this info and they should have shipped it with the camera or responded to my emails and taken care of this for me.

Fedex has tried contacting the shipper multiple times last week and I have sent the store multiple emails and the latest I have gotten 0 response when they told me they would get back to me in 24-48 hours.

Carbon/Merge has no problem raking up to 10k from me on some months and they take it instantly yet they can't figure out how to ship me a camera.

Grade A operation you got running there guys

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Carbon Ryan tells me they got the paper work and I should have it in a few days.

WE WILL SEE

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wow, I had a very similar experience with the Carbon store, but with one important difference:

I had already received my merchandise!

Here's what happened:

On September 27, 2011, I ordered 4 things from the Carbon store.

On November 17, someone from the store contacted me and told me that 2 of the items were not available for US customers. The reason for this was that they only had European plugs. They asked me if I wanted somewhat similar US-based items, or if I wanted them to ship me a plug converter for each one. Not wanting to hassle with big plug converters, I told them to just replace the items with the similar ones.

Another week passed and they finally shipped my items (2 months after I ordered them, LOL). It took another week or so to get them.

LOL #1: I got the original items I ordered, with big, bulky plug converters. Why did they even bother asking me what I wanted if they were going to ignore my response?

LOL #2: About a week after I got the items, I got a call from FedEx. They wanted to know the model and make of one of the items I bought -- just like they did with Chinamaniac. I thought this was very odd because I had ALREADY RECEIVED the item. I was very busy at the time, and almost just told them to F off and hang up on them, but I decided to be polite and hear them out. The woman at FedEx told me that they had to fill out the paperwork on these items according to federal law. I knew they were the ones who screwed up (they shouldn't have delivered the items without this paperwork), but I was sympathetic and tried to help. I told them what I knew, but she wasn't satisfied. She wanted more specific information. When I told her that I wasn't at home and told her everything I remembered, she got obnoxious with me and said that what I remembered wasn't good enough, and that I would have to call them back later with the specific info. She was very demanding and not gracious at all about my willingness to even ATTEMPT to make this right, so I finally told her to contact the seller, and that I was done talking about it. I finally had to hang up on her when she wouldn't take no for an answer.

So it looks like the Carbon Store (which is farmed out to some terrible third-party company in the UK) makes a habit of doing this, except I luckboxed into receiving my merchandise before FedEx realized what was happening. China wasn't so lucky.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, my previous Carbon Store order took 4 months to ship, and only after I got on their ass about it when 3 months passed and they were ignoring my e-mails.

And when I say "got on their ass", I mean I posted on the internet about it and called them out publicly.

The store is a huge embarrassment to that site, and they need to either remove it or go to a better third party company to fulfill these requests.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm going to contact CarbonAtil (one of the higher-ups at Carbon Poker, and someone who often responds to threads like these) and ask him to read this.

Maybe we'll get an answer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    internet poker is legit

Load Metric
    why cant u just make up/guess model #?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Hey guys,

Just created an account here, and wanted to chime in and say that I did ensure with our store rep that the proper forms have now been filled out for the OP. I'm staying in touch and seeing what can be done to avoid these situations in the future, and maybe a better way to streamline resolutions when this comes up.

If anyone else has an ongoing issue, feel free to email me at chris (at) carbonpoker.ag. I can't promise I'll be on these boards all the time, but I'll try and jump in every now and then.

Thanks.

Load Metric
    Kudos to a company rep coming on here and discussing this.

Hopefully all of these issues regarding the "Carbon Store" will be resolved!

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    I hadn't played on Carbon in a while, but remembered I had a lot of points on the site. So, I ordered a xbox controller and it was delivered in a couple of weeks.

Merge needs to do 2 things. Make it so the notes don't go dead when the action comes back to you. It is almost impossible to write notes when you are playing HU. Taking 2 seconds to finish writing "Doesn't raise OOP," does not slow the game down.

They also need to separate the omaha games from hold'em. I get tired or sitting at omaha games by mistake. Have some sympathy for the idiots like me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonChris View Post
    Hey guys,

Just created an account here, and wanted to chime in and say that I did ensure with our store rep that the proper forms have now been filled out for the OP. I'm staying in touch and seeing what can be done to avoid these situations in the future, and maybe a better way to streamline resolutions when this comes up.

If anyone else has an ongoing issue, feel free to email me at chris (at) carbonpoker.ag. I can't promise I'll be on these boards all the time, but I'll try and jump in every now and then.

Thanks.
    Thanks Chris. YOU ARE GOD

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Just wanted to update anyone else that the issue has been resolved, and the player received their item earlier this week. I don't know if there's rules or anything about cross-posting to other forums, but here's the 2+2 thread where the OP confirms that his item has been received: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/20...ition-1182240/.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just wanted to update anyone else that the issue has been resolved, and the player received their item earlier this week. I don't know if there's rules or anything about cross-posting to other forums, but here's the 2+2 thread where the OP confirms that his item has been received: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/20...ition-1182240/.
    Thanks for the update.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    +1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    More Carbon Store FAIL, same as druff

So as I am packing for my trip tomorrow I open up the camera box and plan to get this thing charged so I wont have to worry about that while I am on a 2 day trip.

But what happens next?????

Of course they send a European camera with Euro plugs to charge it with so this thing is basically useless because the outlets in America are totally different than in Euroland.

Why in the world would they send a camera to another country that has totally different settings? This can't be the 1st time this has happened. 80% of the carbon player base has to be US players. Yet they send a European camera.

Any suggestions or solutions to this problem Ryan? Besides sending the camera back and waiting potentially 4 or 5 more months for another.

Load Metric
    Just a transformer that you need yeah?

Transformer on eBay might be $20 - $30. Could probably even get a generic type if the DC in plug isn't anything special.

Carbon should send you the cash for a transformer, easiest option I reckon!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    More Carbon Store FAIL, same as druff

So as I am packing for my trip tomorrow I open up the camera box and plan to get this thing charged so I wont have to worry about that while I am on a 2 day trip.

But what happens next?????

Of course they send a European camera with Euro plugs to charge it with so this thing is basically useless because the outlets in America are totally different than in Euroland.

Why in the world would they send a camera to another country that has totally different settings? This can't be the 1st time this has happened. 80% of the carbon player base has to be US players. Yet they send a European camera.

Any suggestions or solutions to this problem Ryan? Besides sending the camera back and waiting potentially 4 or 5 more months for another.
    haha

At least they sent me free converters, though they are bulky and ugly.

This store is a complete failure. Carbon really needs to drop them and go with a company that's competent.

Thread Information