Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: List the most overrated actor in Hollywood

  1. #1
    Platinum Rollo Tomasi's Avatar
    Reputation
    -109
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gulfstream Park
    Posts
    2,817

    List the most overrated actor in Hollywood

    Kevin Costner

  2. #2
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    Ryan Reynolds if I only get to pick one.

  3. #3
    Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Reputation
    397
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,139
    Mark Walhberg, just terrible.

  4. #4
    Platinum Rollo Tomasi's Avatar
    Reputation
    -109
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gulfstream Park
    Posts
    2,817
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Mark Walhberg, just terrible.
    interesting pick but Kevin Costner is better than a sleeping pill

  5. #5
    I'm not going to play it safe here. I'm going to go with the one who the majority of you would never mention.



    Look, I like Taxi Driver too. I like Goodfellas, I enjoyed Casino. But he essentially plays Robert Deniro in every single movie. There is never a role where you think, "Oh wow what range, I didn't even recognize him!". Even when he does something different, like a comedy, the premise of the laughs is "It's him doing his Robert Deniro character but in a hilarious setting!". Same thing with Pacino. Fuck, Nicholson too for that matter. Basically if you made some great movies in the 70s you never had to expand your range after.
    Last edited by michael; 11-20-2012 at 08:19 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Ryan Reynolds if I only get to pick one.
    I don't think anyone rates Reynolds that high. He had the Van Wilder flick and gets first pick at non Batman/Spiderman/Superman superhero movies.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Ryan Reynolds if I only get to pick one.
    I don't think anyone rates Reynolds that high. He had the Van Wilder flick and gets first pick at non Batman/Spiderman/Superman superhero movies.
    The other one was Luke Wilson.

  9. #9
    Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Reputation
    397
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Mark Walhberg, just terrible.
    interesting pick but Kevin Costner is better than a sleeping pill
    Not a big Costner fans by any means but he has had his moments.

    Silverado
    Dances with Wolves
    The Untouchables
    Bull Durham
    Hatfields and McCoys
    Open Range

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post

    I don't think anyone rates Reynolds that high. He had the Van Wilder flick and gets first pick at non Batman/Spiderman/Superman superhero movies.
    The other one was Luke Wilson.
    That's not a good one either, he just gets roles because he's bffs with Wes Anderson, and I can't even remember the last time I saw him in a movie. Shanghai Noon or something?

    Pick someone who won an award.

  11. #11
    Forest Whitaker

    Name:  forest-whitaker_01.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  17.6 KB

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    I'm not going to play it safe here. I'm going to go with the one who the majority of you would never mention.



    Look, I like Taxi Driver too. I like Goodfellas, I enjoyed Casino. But he essentially plays Robert Deniro in every single movie. There is never a role where you think, "Oh wow what range, I didn't even recognize him!". Even when he does something different, like a comedy, the premise of the laughs is "It's him doing his Robert Deniro character but in a hilarious setting!". Same thing with Pacino. Fuck, Nicholson too for that matter. Basically if you made some great movies in the 70s you never had to expand your range after.

    Well Deniro has mailed it in past 10+ years I agree.

    But disagree with Nicholson + Pacino. They have done good things recently and both have a lot of range + just dont phone it in when they're in a movie like DeNiro does.

  13. #13
    Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Reputation
    397
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Forest Whitaker

    Name:  forest-whitaker_01.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  17.6 KB
    Absolutely right, from Diffrent strokes to The Shield to the Last King of Scotland, this guy never met scenery he didnt want to chew

  14. #14
    Banned
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New England. Go Pats!
    Posts
    1,501
    No one comes close to this fraud:

    Name:  clooney.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  18.0 KB

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    No one comes close to this fraud:

    Name:  clooney.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  18.0 KB
    O Brother, Where Art Thou? on its own is enough to mark you as an idiot on this subject.

    Clooney is God.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New England. Go Pats!
    Posts
    1,501
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    No one comes close to this fraud:

    Name:  clooney.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  18.0 KB
    O Brother, Where Art Thou? on its own is enough to mark you as an idiot on this subject.

    Clooney is God.
    George Clooney is generally regarded as a very bad actor.

    Have you ever seen one of his movies?!

    He's awful.

    His Aunt was a very good singer.

    P.S. This terrible actor actually lists his height as 5' 10" when he is in fact 5' 8" tall.

  17. #17
    Bronze Mad Dad's Avatar
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North of USA
    Posts
    259
    I think I would have to go with ... Hugh Grant

    Name:  hugh-grant2254.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  27.0 KB

    but I do think Mark Wahlberg is an awfully good choice as well.

    Name:  pfat.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  27.9 KB

    And this guy has been in a slump for 4 years now - who knows if he has anything left ...

    Name:  obama2.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  71.2 KB

  18. #18
    Banned
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New England. Go Pats!
    Posts
    1,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
    I think I would have to go with ... Hugh Grant

    Name:  hugh-grant2254.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  27.0 KB

    but I do think Mark Wahlberg is an awfully good choice as well.

    Name:  pfat.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  27.9 KB

    And this guy has been in a slump for 4 years now - who knows if he has anything left ...

    Name:  obama2.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  71.2 KB
    All excellent choices.

  19. #19
    Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Reputation
    732
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,842
    +1 for Marky Mark

  20. #20
    Diamond Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Reputation
    1027
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
    but I do think Mark Wahlberg is an awfully good choice as well.

    Name:  pfat.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  27.9 KB
    Love the photoshop. Or maybe he's a fan & bought the shirt.
    (_) ..
    ∫\ \___( _)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Airplane Tilt. List them here
    By RobbieBensonFan in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 08:15 PM
  2. Actor will drive from New York to LA with only bacon as money...
    By SixToedPete in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 10:02 AM
  3. The Mindset List
    By Sitting Out in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 11:25 AM
  4. Name The Actor
    By Yebsite in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 11:50 AM
  5. Is Tony Bagadonuts the most overrated poster?
    By bottomset316 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 05:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •