Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Carlos Condit vs. GSP UFC 154 Who do you like?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Menjivar sub of the night
    Hendricks KOTN
    GSP-Condit FOTN

Any arguements with this?
    ABSOLUTLEY NONE.. Hell of a card compared to some fails lately including the cancellation of 151.. Danas earned his paycheck again. Am I hoping too much for the Heavyweight Title fight between Jr and Cain???

Load Metric
    GSP looked great tonight, explosive power was there, jab still looked stiff and he showed some toughness in the third. I usually think heart and toughness are his weak areas but he answered those questions a bit tonight. Not sure how two of the judges gave GSP the third round, Condit had him in a hell of a lot of trouble. My boy Nick didnt get medical clearance to fight after making weight, big payday loss for him.

Going forward I'm not too interested in the GSP vs Silva fight. I'd much rather see Silva fight either Weidman or Bones and GSP stick around 170 for a fight against Hendricks. Hendricks looked great again but I don't think he will beat GSP if they do matchup. If Macdonald gets past Penn a Condit v Macdonald fight would be a nice rematch.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    GSP = GOD

I'd of gave that third round to Condit after that big kick that was the moment of the round but the homer judges were too busy ridin furries at that moment not that this had any impact on the outcome.

He likely will fight Hendricks next I think its too soon for him to go into training mode after his return for the Silva super fight. If Hendricks catches him with a great punch look out but GSP defense is strong compared to Kampmann.

Load Metric
    Name:  condit.png
Views: 1097
Size:  363.3 KB

Wow, it was like watching someone get murdered. Cops should have broken it up, lol.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Wow, it was like watching someone get murdered. Cops should have broken it up, lol.
    Name:  gsp_condit.jpg
Views: 3240
Size:  33.9 KB

You short changed Condit with your 'murdered' comment. That was hyperbole.

I have even more respect for GSP after his superb performance but at least Condit gave it his best effort and did inflict much damage.

George is just an elite level fighter. What he did after an 18 month layoff to rehab his serious knee injury was simply amazing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Name:  gsp_condit.jpg
Views: 3240
Size:  33.9 KB

You short changed Condit with your 'murdered' comment. That was hyperbole.

I have even more respect for GSP after his superb performance but at least Condit gave it his best effort and did inflict much damage.

George is just an elite level fighter. What he did after an 18 month layoff to rehab his serious knee injury was simply amazing.
    I guess I just don't care.

It was nice to see GSP look like a cartoon character with that crazy build. The fuck has that cat been eating?

Load Metric
    Name:  qo26m.jpg
Views: 2789
Size:  147.6 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    I bet lawlor is gonna get schooled tho
    Yeah, he got schooled by a questionable hometown decision.
    Ya that was one of the shittiest fights i ever seen i was booing the whole time. And dj chaps big black was on the rob and big show on mtv. Sick me event tho. Gsp fuckin did it again master class performance.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post

Yeah, he got schooled by a questionable hometown decision.
    Ya that was one of the shittiest fights i ever seen i was booing the whole time. And dj chaps big black was on the rob and big show on mtv. Sick me event tho. Gsp fuckin did it again master class performance.
    I agree Lawlor was robbed and GSP was masterful.

Load Metric
    How about Cyrille Diabaté having his lulz with Chad Griggs? Griggs probably didn't work much on his submission defense in the last few months, I'd guess. Fun fight, tho.

Here's the Gracie Breakdown for 154. Mostly about how GSP passed to half guard whenever the fuck he wanted to and shit like that.

Load Metric
    I love those Gracie breakdown videos. thanks Crowe

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Nice broken nose (two black eyes give it away..) guessing it happened when Condit hit that kick on him or that one shot where he got a little shaky and commentary said he had swelling.. As GSP would say "You should see the other guy" and well Condit look like he got sent through a meat grinder.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Nice broken nose (two black eyes give it away..) guessing it happened when Condit hit that kick on him or that one shot where he got a little shaky and commentary said he had swelling.. As GSP would say "You should see the other guy" and well Condit look like he got sent through a meat grinder.
    Much respect for GSP but you're wrong...Carlos looked fine post fight.

GSP won but looked liked he received the Steve Buscemi wood chipper treatment.

Please pay attention.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post

Please pay attention.
    yup, GSP definitely looked worse after the fight. Those short elbows that Condit was throwing from the bottom all fight long busted GSP's face up a lot. GSP tends to show damage a lot on his pale skin.

Does anyone here know what Silva weighs on fight night when he fights in shape at 185? Is he over the 210 mark? I have been trying to find an article on the subject but no luck. It will help solve a dispute with a friend. My argument is that in shape Silva is closer in weight to Bones than GSP is to Silva. I could be wrong but just hoping to find links to verified fight night weights for Silva.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

Please pay attention.
    yup, GSP definitely looked worse after the fight. Those short elbows that Condit was throwing from the bottom all fight long busted GSP's face up a lot. GSP tends to show damage a lot on his pale skin.

Does anyone here know what Silva weighs on fight night when he fights in shape at 185? Is he over the 210 mark? I have been trying to find an article on the subject but no luck. It will help solve a dispute with a friend. My argument is that in shape Silva is closer in weight to Bones than GSP is to Silva. I could be wrong but just hoping to find links to verified fight night weights for Silva.
    If he is weighing in at 185, 210 is a bit if a stretch for fight time weight. Probably more like 200.

Silva has gone on the record stating that he walks around at 225lbs before he starts training though. He said he goes from 225 pre training, to 205 in training, to 185 at weigh in. Safe assumption he gets back near that 200-205 range when the fight rolls around.

Load Metric

Please pay attention.

I thought it was 210 as well but apparantly not so. Saw some info the other week suggesting he fights at 195-200 on day of the fight.

Banned
    Load Metric

Please pay attention.

I haven't seen anything about their respective fight night weights but I did watch FUEL TV's Roundtable Welterweights Edition the other night. Fighters present were Georges St-Pierre, Matt Serra, B.J. Penn and Renzo Gracie.

Although aired just the other night the show was taped before the GSP vs. Condit was booked. George talked about a potential A. Silva fight and mentioned Anderson Silva walked around at 235lbs while admitting his walking around weight was 190lbs.

That's a huge weight difference. I don't see a super fight between GSP and A. Silva but I would love to see one between A. Silva and Jon Jones.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Im a huge GSP fan, and it saddens me that Anderson would absulutely destroy him, I dont think it would be a close fight at all.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Im a huge GSP fan, and it saddens me that Anderson would absulutely destroy him, I dont think it would be a close fight at all.

Look what sonnen did to silva in the first match, and look what he did in the second match until he tried a spinning elbow LOL
    GSP is a better wrestler than sonnen and better take downs and infinatly smarter, i think GSP could win if he fights the perfect fight.

Some posts i made didnt come through from my phone, all to say. Another master class perforamce from GSP he fuckin did it AGAIN with a lot of doubters this time including myself, he is a legendary champion. Was special night to be there. oh and djchaps bigblack was on the rob and big and fantasy factory show on mtv.

Load Metric
    Not worth it's own thread but Hominick retires from MMA: http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2012/12/..._from_mma_ufc/

"This lifestyle and the commitments that it takes to compete at the level I believe I should be competing, I don't think I can make those same sacrifices to do that and also be there the way I want to be there for my family."

Also MacDonald - Condit announced for UFC 158 in Montreal: http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2012/12/...c158_montreal/

ESPN UK reported the 23-year-old Tristar Gym-based welterweight will take on Condit, the only man to have beaten the Canadian, at March's UFC 158 in Montreal, and Dana White confirmed the news to MMAjunkie.com and The Canadian Press on Wednesday. It is expected to take place on March 16 at the Bell Centre.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information