Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlos Condit vs. GSP UFC 154 Who do you like?

Banned
    Load Metric

Carlos Condit vs. GSP UFC 154 Who do you like?

Fucking Canadians know and love MMA. UFC 154 should be a good card.

I like Carlos Condit and GSP, but this fight actually presents Condit's best chance to beat GSP because George has had a very long layoff rehabbing with his serious knee injury.

Carlos Condit wins by stoppage in 4th round.

Martin Kampmann vs Johny Hendricks. Hendricks is a beast although I thought Koscheck beat him even though the judges gave Hendricks a split decision win.

Francis Carmont vs Tom Lawlor

Nick Ring vs Costa Philippou

Mark Hominick vs Pablo Garza

Name:  gsp_gay_pic.jpg
Views: 3322
Size:  40.8 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Have my tickets. Going with my girl. Not as pumped as i thought i would be still should be good though. Undercard is kinda shitty imo.

Load Metric
    I agree it's Condit's best chance considering the injury & layoff but I don't see it happening. Rory MacDonald dominated Condit on the feet for 2 rounds before inexplicably gassing & the ref stopping the bout with 10 seconds left in the third for a TKO. I could be wrong but I see GSP having his way with Condit just like Rory did for the first 2 rounds. GSP will take flak for winning but not finishing him.

Kampmann/Hendricks is a puzzler for me. Will Kampmann get his ass kicked for 2 rounds before an improbable comeback? I thought his stand-up was superior but he's been exposed twice in a row, although he won both, & I don't think he'll get away with it if it happens again. I'm not sure if Hendricks is for real though. Tough to get a read from his last 2 fights. A 12 second KO of Fitch which can happen to anyone & a split decision win over Koscheck which easily could have, & IMO should have, gone to Koscheck. I'll take Kampmann for no other reason than I think he has more ways to win it. FOTN candidate.

Carmont/Lawlor I don't really care about but I'll take Carmont basically because I don't think Lawlor can win it standing. If he can't get it to the mat in top position I think he's in trouble here.

Nick Ring might not make it out of the ring alive aginst Costa Philippou. Now that I've said that Ring probably KO's him in round 1 but I don't see it happening. Philippou has impressed me every time out & Ring couldn't beat Court McGee last time out although he got the hometown decision. He was gassed & dominated so badly in round 3 that it was at worse a draw & that's giving him the first 2 very close rounds. KO of the night candidate because I think this is a mismatch.

If Mark Hominick can't beat Garza he should retire because that would be 4 losses in a row, 3 without his coach & BIL Shawn Tompkins, & he's looked lost without him. You can see it in his eyes when he talks about him in interviews. All the high profile Tompkin fighters, Hominick, Stout, & Hordecki, have struggled since his death last summer & if he can't get his mojo back without him then what's the sense in continuing?

Really looking forward to this card. It has the makings of card of the year.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I agree it's Condit's best chance considering the injury & layoff but I don't see it happening. Rory MacDonald dominated Condit on the feet for 2 rounds before inexplicably gassing & the ref stopping the bout with 10 seconds left in the third for a TKO. I could be wrong but I see GSP having his way with Condit just like Rory did for the first 2 rounds. GSP will take flak for winning but not finishing him.

Kampmann/Hendricks is a puzzler for me. Will Kampmann get his ass kicked for 2 rounds before an improbable comeback? I thought his stand-up was superior but he's been exposed twice in a row, although he won both, & I don't think he'll get away with it if it happens again. I'm not sure if Hendricks is for real though. Tough to get a read from his last 2 fights. A 12 second KO of Fitch which can happen to anyone & a split decision win over Koscheck which easily could have, & IMO should have, gone to Koscheck. I'll take Kampmann for no other reason than I think he has more ways to win it. FOTN candidate.

Carmont/Lawlor I don't really care about but I'll take Carmont basically because I don't think Lawlor can win it standing. If he can't get it to the mat in top position I think he's in trouble here.

Nick Ring might not make it out of the ring alive aginst Costa Philippou. Now that I've said that Ring probably KO's him in round 1 but I don't see it happening. Philippou has impressed me every time out & Ring couldn't beat Court McGee last time out although he got the hometown decision. He was gassed & dominated so badly in round 3 that it was at worse a draw & that's giving him the first 2 very close rounds. KO of the night candidate because I think this is a mismatch.

If Mark Hominick can't beat Garza he should retire because that would be 4 losses in a row, 3 without his coach & BIL Shawn Tompkins, & he's looked lost without him. You can see it in his eyes when he talks about him in interviews. All the high profile Tompkin fighters, Hominick, Stout, & Hordecki, have struggled since his death last summer & if he can't get his mojo back without him then what's the sense in continuing?

Really looking forward to this card. It has the makings of card of the year.
    Some good commentary except for your remarks about the Condit vs. MacDonald fight.

I've heard others describe the fight as you did but that is not what happened. I watched that fight. Rory did not dominate Carlos during the first two rounds. At best, it was one round each going into the third.

Carlos did dominate Rory in the 3rd round and if the ref hadn't stopped it Rory would have been taken out on a stretcher. Carlos Condit beat Rory to a much greater degree than Rory beat Nate Diaz.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    Some good commentary except for your remarks about the Condit vs. MacDonald fight.

I've heard others describe the fight as you did but that is not what happened. I watched that fight. Rory did not dominate Carlos during the first two rounds. At best, it was one round each going into the third.

Carlos did dominate Rory in the 3rd round and if the ref hadn't stopped it Rory would have been taken out on a stretcher. Carlos Condit beat Rory to a much greater degree than Rory beat Nate Diaz.
    I also watched the fight several times & thought Rory won the first 2 rounds easily. Maybe it's because I thought Condit was the better stand-up striker before the fight & Rory was in tough but he beat him to the punch the first 2 rounds. I totally disagree it was one round each going into the third. Condit barely laid a hand on him in the first 2 rounds & looked befuddled. I have no idea what happened in the third other than Rory gassed & Condit took it to him. If the ref doesn't stop it(& it was a good stoppage IMO), it's a draw in my books. I re-watched it several time because I first thought it was a bad stoppage but changed my mind.

I give Condit full marks for fighting through adversity & getting a win when it looked bleak for him after 2 rounds but I don't see it happening against GSP.

(•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I havent seen it I'll watch it and give you the only opinion that matters mine.

Load Metric
    2 Jackson fighters that sounds like a great fight ....not. I'm predicting GSP wins a split decision with 4 strikes landed to only 3 for the natural born runner.

Load Metric
    keeps freezing up. With 40 secs left in the 1st it was clearly Rory winning rd 1, but I didnt see the rest.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Did someone say Rory?

Name:  rory-macdonald-8.jpg
Views: 1614
Size:  92.7 KB

Name:  rory-macdonald-2.jpg
Views: 1352
Size:  59.3 KB

So delicious, its adorable.

Load Metric
    I think that GSP will have a good bit or rust and Condit will get the tko. I like GSP but I think that he has been out of the game for too long right now and Condit is on a roll. I just don't think he will be able to weather the storm if Condit catches him with a solid shot then swarms him. After all, even though the Serra fight was declared a tko, GSP was tapping to strikes and I think that Condit is a mush better striker than Serra.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I cant wait till Sonatine enters this thread and straighten all you fools out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I do think this is Condit's best chance but GSP does some of the toughest training and their is a reason he didn't rush back from this injury. Don't ever count him out he'll prove all the doubters wrong yet again to solidify his legacy in MMA.

Load Metric
    GSP wins by decision and will not be impressed by Carlos Condit's performhance

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    GSP wins by decision and will not be impressed by Carlos Condit's performhance
    Agreed. Condit is a good fighter, but hes not an elite fighter. Can he ko GSP with a lucky shot yes, but he cant win a 5 round decision against GSP. Condits takedown defense is clearly his weakness, and we all know what GSP does to even the best wrestlers.

Load Metric
    I would not bet against the house on this one. Dana/UFC have more money to make if GSP wins. The fight in also in GSP's home turf. For him to lose he would have to get unlucky. He should have no problem taking Condit down to the ground when he wants to. I predict GSP in 3.5 rounds.

Load Metric
    If GSP is close to 100% he wins this easy. Condit is tough as hell but he isnt anywhere close to the level of a healthy GSP. In his current streak he has a few nice wins but all of them have been razor close (other than hardy) and he struggles stopping the takedown. GSP by easy 5 round decision with a lot of top control. Of course if GSP's leg isnt what it was and he cant wrestle this will be a long night for him, I'm going to assume he's healthy though.

Hendricks by KO, he is a beast and Kampann can be a bit chinny, that fight will be a beauty no matter what. My close pal Nick Ring is in tough against Philippou, Nick has amazing BJJ but unfortunately he has no wrestling background so taking it to the ground will be tough. If he can get it down I think Nick wins, standing he's in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Sonatine is a solid poster and knows a lot about many things, MMA is not one of them, he sucks at the MMA talk.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    If GSP is close to 100% he wins this easy. Condit is tough as hell but he isnt anywhere close to the level of a healthy GSP. In his current streak he has a few nice wins but all of them have been razor close (other than hardy) and he struggles stopping the takedown. GSP by easy 5 round decision with a lot of top control. Of course if GSP's leg isnt what it was and he cant wrestle this will be a long night for him, I'm going to assume he's healthy though.

Hendricks by KO, he is a beast and Kampann can be a bit chinny, that fight will be a beauty no matter what. My close pal Nick Ring is in tough against Philippou, Nick has amazing BJJ but unfortunately he has no wrestling background so taking it to the ground will be tough. If he can get it down I think Nick wins, standing he's in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Sonatine is a solid poster and knows a lot about many things, MMA is not one of them, he sucks at the MMA talk.
    Good to have you back Peter. I was hoping you'd give us your take on GSP's return.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

Good to have you back Peter. I was hoping you'd give us your take on GSP's return.

You talk about this PPV and dont even mentioned Matthew Riddle. Shows how much you know.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    2 Jackson fighters that sounds like a great fight ....not. I'm predicting GSP wins a split decision with 4 strikes landed to only 3 for the natural born runner.
    Jackson wasn't involved with the training of either guy for this one.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

LOl you called GSP a Jackson fighter. Fuckin rube.

Thread Information