Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Drexel Show Thread for 11/14/2012 -- $50 Freeroll + Chad Elie interview!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Drexel Show Thread for 11/14/2012 -- $50 Freeroll + Chad Elie interview!

Show begins at 7:00pm PDT on Wednesday, November 14th, 2012.

You can listen by going to our Radio tab above, or clicking here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/radio.php

Call in number: (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355. Make sure to show your caller ID, or the phone system will not let you through (you will probably get a busy signal)! You can also call our mountaintop number (an old '70s phone sitting on top of Mt. Charleston) at (702) 430-1808.

You can follow along and interact with us in our live chat room, by clicking the Chat tab near the top of the screen. You need to be logged in and have flash capability on your computer to see the chat.

We have a $50 freeroll tonight. If you want to donate more money to the prize pool, please post here.

Thanks to our anonymous contributor for giving us $50 for each of the past two weeks for the freeroll!

$50 Freeroll info
    Tournament Location: NoFraud Online Poker Room
    Tournament Date/Time: 7:40pm PDT on Wednesday, 11/14/2012
    Tournament Type: NL Holdem
    Tournament Buyin: FREE - it doesn't even cost you any play chips!
    Tournament Prizes: 1st $20, 2nd $15, 3rd $8, 4th $7. I will send this to you by PayPal, bank transfer, or check. PM me after you win to claim your prize.

There is no tournament password. Go register now! There is no late registration (software doesn't have that option) so register early!

*** IMPORTANT ***

To qualify for the freeroll, you need to have registered on PokerFraudAlert by May 21, 2012.

If you are a lurker and still want to play, you must PM me or e-mail me beforehand and explain how long you've been listening/lurking, and tell me some of your favorite anecdotes from the forum (either here or DD) or the radio show. If you fail to do this before the tournament, or if you send me some generic bullshit like, "I think the show is funny. I like the show", you will NOT qualify for the freeroll, and your prize will be given to the next qualifying finisher. If you were an old-school regular user from NWP/DD who I remember, you will automatically qualify even if you weren't registered by May 21st.

I am doing this in order to prevent freeroll-hunting leeches from using our site for our freeroll money and then disappearing.

Agenda for tonight:

- Busted payment processor Chad Elie, set to go to prison in January, is a likely guest for tonight. He has agreed to come on, but has not confirmed yet. I have his phone number and will call him even if he does not confirm.

- PPA meets with DOJ -- we find out that Full Tilt money for US players is a long way away. We will analyze this meeting and what came out of it.

- LTE Poker appears to be gone forever

- Carbon Poker has added a new cashier -- withdrawal times fast for European players thus far

- Belgium arrests bwin.Party's co-CEO

- Jeff Madsen becomes a poker coach

- Popular new Druff character "Chico Loco" might make some more phone calls

- Jennifer Tilly in "Simpsons" episode about online poker

- Whatever else we feel like discussing

- Please suggest other good topics if you don't see them here!

- We take your phone calls at (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Show begins at 7:00pm PDT on Wednesday, November 14th, 2012.

- Popular new Druff character "Chico Loco" might make some more phone calls

Load Metric
    Druff, Willie sent you $7 last week for me, please add that to the tourney.

Load Metric
    How about the guy who was hacked for 70k on lock?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    How about the guy who was hacked for 70k on lock?

No Lock/Merge discussion please
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Banned
    Load Metric
    With Druff's schedule and mine changing in the past few weeks, I haven't listened live to PFA Radio in a while.

I caught Jasep's, Drexel's and Kev's radio broadcast a couple of times and must say I'm warming to those airwaves. Kev and Brandon are solid but surprisingly (to me at least if you've read my previous criticisms), Jasep has opened up on air and has been producing some great radio. I admit I was wrong about his radio talent. He's actually getting pretty good.

I also listened to some of the periphery poker radio shows. The Low Limit Poker Show (something like that) is actually pretty good. It needs more promotion. Is Pikachar a regular there?

Anyway for tonight's broadcast I'll be a little selfish and ask Druff if he could spend a few minutes discussing best limit hold em starting hands for cash games and tourneys. I noticed Todd was thinking of playing on Bovada (I play there too but mostly ACR) and assume he would play limit hold em.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    Anyway for tonight's broadcast I'll be a little selfish and ask Druff if he could spend a few minutes discussing best limit hold em starting hands for cash games and tourneys.
    Please don't do this.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    Anyway for tonight's broadcast I'll be a little selfish and ask Druff if he could spend a few minutes discussing best limit hold em starting hands for cash games and tourneys.
    Please don't do this.

I understand but I did say I was being selfish. Plus Todd is a great Limit HE player.

Load Metric

I caught Jasep's, Drexel's and Kev's radio broadcast a couple of times and must say I'm warming to those airwaves. Kev and Brandon are solid but surprisingly (to me at least if you've read my previous criticisms), Jasep has opened up on air and has been producing some great radio. I admit I was wrong about his radio talent. He's actually getting pretty good.
    The Toe knows.

If you listen to the first few Filthy Limper shows, and them listen to a few new ones, they're pretty much night and day in all respects. Content, comfort of the hosts, general attitude, everything. Those first bunch of shows were work, and they did work hard on them, IMO, but it was clearly not a natural fit right away, because it sounded like work. Now, they definitely know what the show is, what they want it to be, all that shit. Adding Drexel was the last key to the whole thing, obv, but Sep improved a shitload even before Drexel got there.

Zod is a great co-host. :P

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

The Toe knows.

If you listen to the first few Filthy Limper shows, and them listen to a few new ones, they're pretty much night and day in all respects. Content, comfort of the hosts, general attitude, everything. Those first bunch of shows were work, and they did work hard on them, IMO, but it was clearly not a natural fit right away, because it sounded like work. Now, they definitely know what the show is, what they want it to be, all that shit. Adding Drexel was the last key to the whole thing, obv, but Sep improved a shitload even before Drexel got there.

Zod is a great co-host. :P

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The streak is alive and well.

Load Metric
    What happened? Very short show? Technical difficulties? Drexel obligations? I'm drunk and confused my days of the week once again?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    What happened? Very short show? Technical difficulties? Drexel obligations? I'm drunk and confused my days of the week once again?
    Short show. Drexel couldn't be located (I think he overslept), and I was a bit light on material this week.

I will be posting archives shortly.

Banned
    Load Metric
    All of the above.

Load Metric
    Short show. Drexel couldn't be located (I think he overslept), and I was a bit light on material this week.

I will be posting archives shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    All of the above.

ty gentlemen.

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    I did enjoy the PPA rant. More people need to do it. Re: Elie, I was hoping he'd be on but I also want to see what comes out in the DF interview. I've found some more info which may shed a little different light on all of this but I'd like to see what he has to say first in an interview format.

Load Metric
    Thanks for the kind words everyone, Drexel is sick, he has a stomach bug, hopefully it is a short one and he bounces back quick...

Since you guys were talking about our show here I thought I would just let you know that we will be postponing tonight's show until probably Monday...

I would do it without Drexel tonight but he is a key component to 75% of the planned show... and I think it is going to be funny so I would rather just wait for him than go on the air with only 25% of a show etc...

Just so you know for anyone who has listened the past few weeks the key things for Brandon were going to be:

Interviewing the black man who scooped up my girlfriends virginity
    Psychologist round table
    Who wants to be Brandon Gerson's assistant reality show beginning with one craigslist contestant who will interview for the job live on air.

Without Brandon we got some poker stuff, James Bond stuff and Kevins news, so I think waiting will be best.

If I can get all elements on the same page we will do Monday or back to back shows on either Tues or Wed (whatever night Druff doesn't do) and Thursday....

Oh and Wednesday Druff Radio is GOD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post
    I did enjoy the PPA rant. More people need to do it. Re: Elie, I was hoping he'd be on but I also want to see what comes out in the DF interview. I've found some more info which may shed a little different light on all of this but I'd like to see what he has to say first in an interview format.
    Glad you're on board with my feelings on the PPA, Haley. Actually means a lot to me that you agree.

What tilts me the most about them is that, with their funding, they COULD have made a positive impact on poker. Even if their lobbying was destined to fail no matter what, they had enough of a membership base (and funding) to actually be a powerful voice in poker. For example, imagine the impact they could have had in 2008 if they contacted their entire membership and warned them about UB. Imagine if they spent some of their money taking out ads in magazines like Cardplayer warning people of UB and other shady sites. Imagine if they acted as a very large and powerful watchdog group for poker, rather than just sticking to their narrow (and fruitless) mission of trying to get Stars and Tilt legalized in the US.

They spent years and years with this "poker isn't gambling" nonsense -- an argument that didn't appeal to the average legislator -- and got nowhere.

Was very disappointed I didn't get Elie on the show. I have a lot of good questions for him.

Load Metric
    not on itunes yet?? need something for work tomorrow please

Thread Information