Thread: negotiating compensation from job offers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

negotiating compensation from job offers

knowing that they want you, and you are 90% sure you're going to get an offer. what is the best way to squeeze out the max from them?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    knowing that they want you, and you are 90% sure you're going to get an offer. what is the best way to squeeze out the max from them?
    Pretend you have another offer on the table. Suggest to them that you feel the job is exactly right for you, but you can't ignore the fact that FalseCo are offering 15% more, plus better bonus, allowances etc. Say that you want to make your mind up quickly and you want their best offer.

Of course this is a higher risk approach as they may get wise but if your 90% sure then it is worth a chance. Remember when you move job this is your best opportunity to get a pay rise; once your in position it's a lot harder to squeeze any increment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

I could be wrong here but was always under the impression its always best to negotiate compension only after you've been givn an offer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

I could be wrong here but was always under the impression its always best to negotiate compension only after you've been givn an offer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    talked with recruiter, hiring manager and team member.

30k difference from floor to ceiling

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I just went through this, and I'm actually at training with the new job right now. I basically told the truth, and that is I was entertaining offers from several companies, but that I wanted to make it work with the company that I now work for.

At the end of the day, I played my hand up front and got what I thought was a pretty damn good deal. Don't fuck around too much, if you like the company and the offer solid then take it.

Thread Information