Thread: Give me the lowdown on the presidential race

Load Metric

Give me the lowdown on the presidential race

Being abroad for the last year, I'm left to rely on internet reports and BBC news for my updates, obviously not ideal.

The GOP seems like a complete mess. Cain seemed somewhat viable until the sexual harassment thing derailed him. Newt was always a joke. Romney and Santorum? John McCain shit all over Romney four years ago. This motherfucker Santorum not only scares me with heavy right social stances but he looks like a complete dweeb as well. He would easily be the lamest looking president of my lifetime. These are the final two? What the hell is wrong with the strategists?

It's Obama by default, right? I'm not even a fan but it seems pretty obvious. Or am I wrong?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Obama's proven to be 1 of the GOAT's. Just a excellent first term. Not longer embarrassing and destroying the country at every opportunity unlike his predecessor W, but he as been under constant attack by fabricated lies from the right wing political machine and their fair and balanced news channel.
    The constant barrage of lies has taken its toll and he is in a very close race with one of the most dishonest and phoniest candidates of all time, Mitt Romney. I mean they bust this guy lying all the time, I mean big time, major league provable lies and he's still in there and it's going to be a close race with one of the greatest presidents ever.

Propaganda that seems almost laughable on the surface is alarmingly effective on Americans, it's pretty scary TBH. I mean GWB won re-election, nuff said.

This link has two short videos which prove everything I just said, pretty crazy.http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewa...november-2008/Just amazing video, watch til the end.

It will be a very close presidential race.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 03-18-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Obama has sucked, Mitt will win the GOP. Obama will win 2nd term and continue sucking. Welcome home.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Being abroad for the last year, I'm left to rely on internet reports and BBC news for my updates, obviously not ideal.

The GOP seems like a complete mess. Cain seemed somewhat viable until the sexual harassment thing derailed him. Newt was always a joke. Romney and Santorum? John McCain shit all over Romney four years ago. This motherfucker Santorum not only scares me with heavy right social stances but he looks like a complete dweeb as well. He would easily be the lamest looking president of my lifetime. These are the final two? What the hell is wrong with the strategists?

It's Obama by default, right? I'm not even a fan but it seems pretty obvious. Or am I wrong?
    No, actually this is probably the best way to get news about US politics --from abroad

If Unemployment hits 7.9% or lower by November and gas doesn't shoot up to a SUSTAINED $5/gallon Obama is a shoe-in for a second-term. Obama gets an A form Independents on foreign policy (don't be surprised if a Dead Bin Laden pic is "leaked" in October) and hasn't pushed any real progressive social issues; he's still against gay marriage for christ sakes!!!

Santorum is unelectable and Romney's only arguement is that the economy is in the shitter, so if unemployment goes from nearly 10% to less than 8% he loses by default; what else can Romney attack Obama on, Health Care, anti-gun anti-abortion???? Romney has been to the left of Obama on these issues in the past. The GOP F'ed themselves with their anti-immigrant anti-woman rhetoric so far, and basically turned what should have been a close election between a center-left Democrat and a center-right Republican into a landslide
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric

This presidential election is a waste of brain cells. Don't bother thinking about it. My grandmother used to say "The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know" and that's not a religious dig, it has to do with voter tendencies. Like, voters tend to re-elect a shitty president just because they already have a feel for the man and don't want to lose what little they think they have going for them.

Who was the last president not to be re-elected Bush Sr? I would say that about says it all right there.

Obama for another 4, for better or for worse...

Load Metric
    Vote SUPERPAC for 2012

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Obama is horrible. His spending is out of control and his entitlement programs give everything to lazy thugs. Everyone still blames W and it's getting old. The idiot we have now couldn't run a 7-11.

I pray for anyone but Barry. I do admit Mitt is the only pick we have right now.

Load Metric
    It's going to be pretty close. Obv. Romney is the only choice for the R's, as Santorum is unelectable. The problem for Obama is that he's right on the edge of where recent positive economic developments will have an effect on the average person by election day. There is always a delayed effect when the market drops or rises significantly, and it's usually like 12 months,which is cutting it close on the wrong side given how bad this downturn was, and how long it will take before true confidence returns to corporations, and eventually workers, and then potential employees. When the bottom falls out like it did at the end of Bush's presidency, it was another 12-18 months until the real pain started to be felt by most, yet there were perks like cheaper gas immediately, so to the average guy who had yet to lose his job, it almost felt like relief. The opposite is in effect now. Stocks look to rise pretty well in the short-term, which will bring us close to $5.00 gas, but the election falls before the likely positive benefits like increased hiring, etc. return in full force, thus it's problematic timing for Obama. I think he'll win, but it's going to be because people are taking a leap of faith at the direction of the country rather than things are going well for them personally, and because the Republicans chose a C+ candidate that they don't even really like. The election is always a referendum on the President anyways, so it just depends how patient the public is willing to be when they are paying $4.80 a gallon, but their 401k's are starting to creep upward.

Banned
    Load Metric

This video is hilarious no matter what side of the fence you're on.

Banned
    Load Metric

Obama has been a colossal failure as President. None of his policies have been successful. He was never vetted by the fawning main stream media so we got an incompetent President who is in way over his head.

He has broken almost every promise made but he did give us Obama Care, which will bankrupt our healthcare system, push our economy closer to the brink and provide most Americans with expensive, sub par health services.

If you watch the BBC for news, you will only view world events through a far left, liberal prism.

@ Four years ago, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama shitted all over each other much more than Romney and McCain attacked one another. That's how our system works.

I hope Mitt Romney becomes the GOP candidate by June. That will give Romney plenty of time to expose Obama for what he is, i.e., the worst President in US history.

Load Metric
    Why cant either party ever come up with a reasonably good candidate?

It really doesnt matter who gets elected anymore, Washington is full of people who put their own interests ahead of the peasants they rule over.

Until money is taken out of politics and term limits are put in place, the system will continue to serve the 1% and fuck the rest of us.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Kony 2012, niggah, Kony 2012.

Write that name in!

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

Obama has been a colossal failure as President. None of his policies have been successful. He was never vetted by the fawning main stream media so we got an incompetent President who is in way over his head.

He has broken almost every promise made but he did give us Obama Care, which will bankrupt our healthcare system, push our economy closer to the brink and provide most Americans with expensive, sub par health services.

If you watch the BBC for news, you will only view world events through a far left, liberal prism.

@ Four years ago, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama shitted all over each other much more than Romney and McCain attacked one another. That's how our system works.

I hope Mitt Romney becomes the GOP candidate by June. That will give Romney plenty of time to expose Obama for what he is, i.e., the worst President in US history.
    Well said. I agree.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

SixToedPETE FOR VICE PRESIDENT
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Obama's proven to be 1 of the GOAT's. .

Name:  paddington.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  64.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information