Thread: Did every UFC fan miss this gem today?

Load Metric

Did every UFC fan miss this gem today?

The UFC Macau show was on at some ridic time, like 9 am...

It was all decisions except a 3rd round tap out and the main event -

Load Metric
    Also notice UltimatePoker.com logo in the center of the Octagon

Load Metric
    I just saw the commercial for that a couple days ago. When I first started watching the UFC Rich Franklin and Matt Hughes were dominating their weight divisions. Then Anderson Silva came in and ate his lunch. But it was a good run.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Franklin has been a shell of his former self for years now. He is just playing out the string, milking his dying career for every last penny using his name recognition.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Franklin has been a shell of his former self for years now. He is just playing out the string, milking his dying career for every last penny using his name recognition.
    What? He has four losses in the last three years all against former champs except Le. The Henderson and Griffin decisions could have gone either way. The truth is that Franklin is a company man that will do whatever is asked of him to help the UFC because he knows that they made him a star in the mid 2000s.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    What? He has four losses in the last three years all against former champs except Le. The Henderson and Griffin decisions could have gone either way. The truth is that Franklin is a company man that will do whatever is asked of him to help the UFC because he knows that they made him a star in the mid 2000s.
    His skills are just nowhere near what they used to be, I am comparing him to back when he was in his prime. He looked good against Silva (which isn't saying much) but at 38 years old I just think he doesn't have much left. The "former champions" you mentioned were guys that used be be feared, past tense. There is a just a whole wave of guys like Franklin from back in the heyday that are just hanging on fighting here and there.

Load Metric
    The "former champions" you mentioned were guys that used be be feared, past tense.
    I'll give you Forrest but Hendo and Vitor are still top tier fighters.

Load Metric
    He was picking him apart and got caught. The problem with these older guys is it just gets easier and easier to get knocked out with each time you get knocked out.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Did he fuck your GF in the ass or something?

He KO'd Chuck Liddell, lost a close decision to Forest Griffin and then beat Wanderlei Silva by unanimous decision for the second time.

He entered the Cung Le fight as a 4-1 favorite. Cung Le fought intelligently (although injured) and knocked the former school teacher out cold with a picture perfect right hook.

Rich Franklin got caught. He wasn't playing out any string. The guy is smart enough to know when to quit and he believed he could beat a 40-year-old fighter.

Of course, we know he was wrong because the old guy kicked his ass.

Anyway, although this show was televised early I watched, what had to be the replay, at a regular time. Fun card.

Gomi looked reborn!

Thread Information