Results ask Nate Silver if they're significant. #natesilverfacts
    John Collison
    16 hours ago
    ReplyRetweetFavorite

Nate Silver's favorite Star Wars movie: Episode 4.837 #natesilverfacts
    Candid Candidate
    3 hours ago
    ReplyRetweetFavorite

Nate Silver got hacked by Anonymous. Now he knows all their names and passwords. #natesilverfacts
    David Ngeru
    3 hours ago
    ReplyRetweetFavorite

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    dick morris did a ''constanza'' and got every prediction wrong

'' it threatens what we might call the "Morning Joe Model," in which smart people share their opinions based on their experience and their gut. Silver threatens to put them out of a job. No wonder they aren't entirely rational.''

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-r...b_2089768.html

Load Metric
    All the Romney schlong slurpers on this board said he had a liberal bias when all he does is crunch numbers. The only senate races he got wrong were ones democrats won contrary to his estimation that the republican would win. Some liberal bias LOL

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    All the Romney schlong slurpers on this board said he had a liberal bias when all he does is crunch numbers. The only senate races he got wrong were ones democrats won contrary to his estimation that the republican would win. Some liberal bias LOL
    And the only state he's gotten wrong in 2 Presidential election is Indiana going blue for the second time in 70 years.

Load Metric
    This thread made me remember that 6toedPete wrote a wall of text rant this weekend about Nate Silver. I only got this far the first time-

Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

Nate Silver? 538? LOL, I'm amazed at how many are still hoodwinked by that biased charlatan. I understand he's that last hope the far left have to latch on to but any fair minded person can discover how flawed and biased Nate's 538 model is.
    I just went back and read the whole thing and it's fucking awesome.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...l=1#post104401

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    This thread made me remember that 6toedPete wrote a wall of text rant this weekend about Nate Silver. I only got this far the first time-

Nate Silver? 538? LOL, I'm amazed at how many are still hoodwinked by that biased charlatan. I understand he's that last hope the far left have to latch on to but any fair minded person can discover how flawed and biased Nate's 538 model is.

Some people just don't fit into the reality-based community.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    btw nate silver was a successful online poker player

@stp *rolling eyes*

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

LOL

The amazing part is that all the foolish pundits and half-wits that were calling for Romney over 300 ev's can be that stupid, and they all still have jobs.

Nate would have been utterly destroyed had he been wrong. His contract with the NYT I believe ends this year, and while he's a moderately wealthy kid for his age, he isn't rich like the talking heads. He had everything riding on this election. He relied on the math and had the balls to call it as he saw it despite catching heat for it, and now his book sits at # 1 on Amazon and he is set for life.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    LOL

The amazing part is that all the foolish pundits and half-wits that were calling for Romney over 300 ev's can be that stupid, and they all still have jobs.

Nate would have been utterly destroyed had he been wrong. His contract with the NYT I believe ends this year, and while he's a moderately wealthy kid for his age, he isn't rich like the talking heads. He had everything riding on this election. He relied on the math and had the balls to call it as he saw it despite catching heat for it, and now his book sits at # 1 on Amazon and he is set for life.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Silver

Damn, Nate Silver is only 34. And his degree is in economics, not pure statistics.

Fox News's 64 year old Dick Morris was jaw droppingly incorrect. He said that Romney would walk through Florida, Virginia and Colorado. That Romney would almost certainly win Ohio, New Hampshire and Iowa. And most insanely, that Romney had a good chance of winning New Jersey and Oregon. Basically he was giving Obama New York, Illinois,and California.

So what caused Obama to win a "squeaker"? Uppity negroes and the hurricane, of course.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...2012-election/

Greta Van Susteren has already said that she looks forward to Morris coming back on her show to provide further astute political analysis.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    ''Why I Was Wrong''
    http://www.dickmorris.com/

*giggling like a girl*
    Last edited by fluffer; 11-08-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Load Metric
    I wonder if Nate Silver has ever talked with Bill James about how to keep his head up while doing things a new and improved way in a game where 90% of the old and incorrect people will hate you for your work.

Thread Information