Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe Jon Snow dies in the Game of Thrones season 3 opener!

Load Metric

I can't believe Jon Snow dies in the Game of Thrones season 3 opener!

You fucking faggots. See how you like that shit.

Comments

ShadyJ: dumb fuck

ADegenerate:

Load Metric
    WTF?????????

Really a dick headed move if true.

Load Metric
    do you really believe talking about a season that hasn't even premiered is analogous to commenting on an episode that is over a year old?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    do you really believe talking about a season that hasn't even premiered is analogous to commenting on an episode that is over a year old?
    What's this all about Willie?

So, I take it this is true and he was tilted by something that was posted about a year old show... I'm guessing the thing about James... What a fucking asshole.

nunbeater, you deserve to have your nuts chewed off by rats for this douchebaggery.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    What's this all about Willie?

So, I take it this is true and he was tilted by something that was posted about a year old show... I'm guessing the thing about James... What a fucking asshole.

nunbeater, you deserve to have your nuts chewed off by rats for this douchebaggery.
    i don't know if it's true or not, but yeah. i guess another person was upset that there was information posted on the internet about an episode that was shown LAST YEAR

Load Metric
    Doesn't something have to be true for it to be a spoiler?

Load Metric
    This place is a fucking mess.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Doesn't something have to be true for it to be a spoiler?
    i'm not sure if it's true or not but that's not the point

Load Metric

The book was published 12 years ago. It's your fault for not reading it in a timely manner.

I'm actually really pissed about this since I intentionally didn't read the books because the show is so good, but it's also deserved since the ridiculous consensus in the other thread was that spoilers from more than a year ago somehow don't count.

We will all remember the Great Spoiler War of 2012.

Load Metric
    not a good argument barry since GoT, like Walking Dead, vary from print to television

Load Metric
    not a good argument barry since GoT, like Walking Dead, vary from print to television
    You think that a 1 year limit on spoilers is a good argument? I missed the first season of Boardwalk Empire because I was traveling and have been meaning to watch it.

You really think it's ok to put a major plot point spoiler in the TITLE of a thread?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    You think that a 1 year limit on spoilers is a good argument? I missed the first season of Boardwalk Empire because I was traveling and have been meaning to watch it.

You really think it's ok to put a major plot point spoiler in the TITLE of a thread?
    yes, i think if that season isn't even current it is fair game

Load Metric

Barry, the thread title was "I can't believe Jimmy is dead"... That could mean any Jimmy, not just from Boardwalk... There is NO WAY you can be sure the person is talking about that specific Jimmy from the thread title, and for those that haven't watched the episodes yet and are afraid it MIGHT be about Jimmy, all they have to do IS NOT CLICK ON THE THREAD and they will still have their year old Boardwalk virginity intact.

Putting a very specific thread title like this out there is a million times worse than the Jimmy thread. This is an entirely different level of being an asshole.

Load Metric
    Barry I say this as a friend.

Your take on this whole spoiler thing is fucking retarded.

Youre a good man, generous and kind, but straight up, this is a bad look for you.

As a friend I say this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Youre a good man, generous and kind, but straight up, this is a bad look for you.

As a friend I say this.
    I don't understand. You say you take a hard line on spoilers- and then take a really soft line on spoilers. I think that any significant spoiler of any movie, TV show, or game, of any age, should be prefaced with some sort of specific spoiler warning. It's not difficult to do. The title of a thread, however nonspecific, is completely off-limits. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I'm also going to throw some blame on Druff. IMO, the right move is to rename the thread "Boardwalk Empire thread - spoilers inside" and then copy and paste the original title into the first post. You end up with exactly the same thread without any spoilers. It would have taken less than 1 minute.

Load Metric

I don't understand. You say you take a hard line on spoilers- and then take a really soft line on spoilers. I think that any significant spoiler of any movie, TV show, or game, of any age, should be prefaced with some sort of specific spoiler warning. It's not difficult to do. The title of a thread, however nonspecific, is completely off-limits. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I'm also going to throw some blame on Druff. IMO, the right move is to rename the thread "Boardwalk Empire thread - spoilers inside" and then copy and paste the original title into the first post. You end up with exactly the same thread without any spoilers. It would have taken less than 1 minute.
    When something is over a year old, or a season behind, it's no longer a spoiler, IMO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

When something is over a year old, or a season behind, it's no longer a spoiler, IMO.
    So you keep up on the current season of every show on television that you ever have an intention of watching? There also the fact that plenty of people don't get HBO and *can't* watch it. I do, but that's besides the point.

Load Metric

As a friend I say this.

A pop culture season finale a year old does not constitute a spoiler.

A spoiler is when someone hasnt had a realistic amount of time to watch something, and someone else "spoils" it for them.

You have had a reasonable amount of time.

A year is a reasonable amount of time to have watched the season finale of Boardwalk Empire.

This isnt someone PM'ing me the results of a UFC fight before Ive had time to download it. Thats a spoiler.

Punch line: the fucking show isnt even that good.

Load Metric

As a friend I say this.

While this might look like I am lobbying for modship here, I am not. I really prefer just being a normal poster again. Have to say though, this sheds a bright light on this place being very under moderated.

Thread Information