Thread: I can't believe Jon Snow dies in the Game of Thrones season 3 opener!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

I can't believe Jon Snow dies in the Game of Thrones season 3 opener!

You fucking faggots. See how you like that shit.

Comments

ShadyJ: dumb fuck

ADegenerate:

Load Metric
    WTF?????????

Really a dick headed move if true.

Load Metric
    do you really believe talking about a season that hasn't even premiered is analogous to commenting on an episode that is over a year old?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    do you really believe talking about a season that hasn't even premiered is analogous to commenting on an episode that is over a year old?
    What's this all about Willie?

So, I take it this is true and he was tilted by something that was posted about a year old show... I'm guessing the thing about James... What a fucking asshole.

nunbeater, you deserve to have your nuts chewed off by rats for this douchebaggery.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    What's this all about Willie?

So, I take it this is true and he was tilted by something that was posted about a year old show... I'm guessing the thing about James... What a fucking asshole.

nunbeater, you deserve to have your nuts chewed off by rats for this douchebaggery.
    i don't know if it's true or not, but yeah. i guess another person was upset that there was information posted on the internet about an episode that was shown LAST YEAR

Load Metric
    Doesn't something have to be true for it to be a spoiler?

Load Metric
    This place is a fucking mess.

Load Metric

The book was published 12 years ago. It's your fault for not reading it in a timely manner.

I'm actually really pissed about this since I intentionally didn't read the books because the show is so good, but it's also deserved since the ridiculous consensus in the other thread was that spoilers from more than a year ago somehow don't count.

We will all remember the Great Spoiler War of 2012.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    You fucking faggots. See how you like that shit.

Name:  YouKnowNothingPic.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  24.4 KB
    YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNOW

Apparently I get the last laugh because I didn't watch the rest of this series until it was months after seeing any spoilers, so I forgot them all. hmeh.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This is not really a spoiler, because it has not been revealed one way or the other in either the books or the TV show and is pure conjecture, but I do not think Jon Snow is Eddards son. I think he is really:

The bastard son of the Taragean prince (forgot his name) who was killed by Robert when Robert took the throne and Eddard's sister (forgot her name too). This also theoretically means Jon could become a dragon rider at some point in the future

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    This is not really a spoiler, because it has not been revealed one way or the other in either the books or the TV show and is pure conjecture, but I do not think Jon Snow is Eddards son. I think he is really:

The bastard son of the Taragean prince (forgot his name) who was killed by Robert when Robert took the throne and Eddard's sister (forgot her name too). This also theoretically means Jon could become a dragon rider at some point in the future
    This is common knowledge among book readers my friend

Load Metric

verminaard

warning: this spoiler goes all the way to the end of the 5th book

one of the things that got me was the description of snow getting stabbed, they said that steam rose from his wounds. seemed like a small thing but a lot of people are latching in to it as the whole dragon reborn thing. That coupled with the fact that it actually doesn't say he dies and the goodness of Ned who did not agree with the killing of children etc leads me to believe that jon snow is the targarean prince's son.

I could see ned just taking the boy and saying it was his own son in order to protect his life. Ned Stark besmirching his own honor would be unthinkable for any other reason. Imagine keeping the real reason secret from your own wife and having to tell her it was your own bastard son, knowing all of the strain it would cause your marriage.

If it was really his bastard son he could have just kept the boy somewhere else right, also keeping the secret from his wife. But no, he specifically took the baby boy home with him because he wanted everyone to know (or think) that it was his bastard son. What better protection (at the time anyways) would any boy have than being the son of the warden of the north? Probably none, I mean the dude is a made man and shit, the best insurance policy is passing Jon off as his own. But if he does so he needs to ensure that the lie is 100% believed by everyone which is why he lied to his own wife, shit, the wrong person finds out and it would be their heads on a stick.

I think the conversation between Jon and Ned regarding Jon's mother that never happened would have touched on a great deal of this. I don't know if Ned would have actually told him the truth or kept it going though.

Load Metric
    Name:  g9XDKVW.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  51.4 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

verminaard

one of the things that got me was the description of snow getting stabbed, they said that steam rose from his wounds. seemed like a small thing but a lot of people are latching in to it as the whole dragon reborn thing. That coupled with the fact that it actually doesn't say he dies and the goodness of Ned who did not agree with the killing of children etc leads me to believe that jon snow is the targarean prince's son.

I could see ned just taking the boy and saying it was his own son in order to protect his life. Ned Stark besmirching his own honor would be unthinkable for any other reason. Imagine keeping the real reason secret from your own wife and having to tell her it was your own bastard son, knowing all of the strain it would cause your marriage.

If it was really his bastard son he could have just kept the boy somewhere else right, also keeping the secret from his wife. But no, he specifically took the baby boy home with him because he wanted everyone to know (or think) that it was his bastard son. What better protection (at the time anyways) would any boy have than being the son of the warden of the north? Probably none, I mean the dude is a made man and shit, the best insurance policy is passing Jon off as his own. But if he does so he needs to ensure that the lie is 100% believed by everyone which is why he lied to his own wife, shit, the wrong person finds out and it would be their heads on a stick.

I think the conversation between Jon and Ned regarding Jon's mother that never happened would have touched on a great deal of this. I don't know if Ned would have actually told him the truth or kept it going though.
    Spoilers through book 5 here too.

http://towerofthehand.com/essays/chr...s_parents.html

click the top that says "scope of books read" and pick how far you have read. If you didn't believe Lyanna + Rheaegar = Jon before, you will now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lannister View Post

verminaard

Spoilers through book 5 here too.

http://towerofthehand.com/essays/chr...s_parents.html

click the top that says "scope of books read" and pick how far you have read. If you didn't believe Lyanna + Rheaegar = Jon before, you will now.

ive never seen so much aspergers crammed into such a small discourse.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information