Thread: Busted poker payment processor Chad Elie shows up on Twitter, attacks Lederer, defends self

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Busted poker payment processor Chad Elie shows up on Twitter, attacks Lederer, defends self

Remember Chad Elie?

(picture removed because it was wrong)

He was one of the payment processors busted on Black Friday.

Oddly enough, he married his really hot girlfriend, former Playboy model Destiny Davis, just a day after Black Friday.

Elie got a slap-on-the-wrist sentence of just 5 months, despite processing $3 billion worth of transactions for various poker sites, and having a large part in getting the SunFirst Bank in St. George, Utah to be complicit in processing these transactions.

Elie is set to start serving his time in January.

However, on Friday, he showed up on Twitter and started speaking out. He seems to want to get two messages across to the public:

1) There were many respected legal opinions (prior to his bust) that his payment processing was legal, or at the very least going to be ignored by the DOJ.

2) Howard Lederer is a lying piece of shit, especially when it comes to claiming he didn't meet up with payment processors.

If you recall, Lederer told Pokernews, in one of the most unintentionally hilarious segments of his interview, that he didn't meet with any payment processors, except "... this one time, at party..." where he quickly met huge payment processor (and later thief) Daniel Tzvetkoff.

Elie's first tweet:

“I never met with a payment processor"-Howard Lederer. Interesting Howard,do you not remember the MEETINGS we had?What about NYE?5hr meeting
    So Chad Elie is accusing Howard of having a 5-hour meeting with him on a New Year's Eve.

He then went on to post this October, 2009 letter from Congressmen Barney Frank and Peter King, urging delays in implementing the UIGEA:

He then went on to state that he wrongfully listened to certain lawyers who told him that his actions were legal:

My head was filled with these opinions and memos. I sure wish I didn’t listen to some lawyers. #YOUNOWHOYOUARE
    He posted these letters (not necessarily addressed to him) from lawyers, regarding the UIGEA:

He also posted a picture that probably won't do Harry Reid any favors when it comes time for reelection:

That picture was accompanies by this tweet:

Last one for the night. Reid, Bitar & Lederer! But seriously Howard, you never met with a processor? #igotpics
    Calvin Ayre has taken an interest in this situation, and is attempting to communicate with Elie (via Twitter), as well.

Best yet, Chad Elie has tentatively agreed to appear on PokerFraudAlert Radio this Wednesday. Now, don't get your hopes up yet, because it's not confirmed, but he has agreed to be on the show.

More on all of this later.

His Twitter can be found here: http://twitter.com/BlackFridayChad

Load Metric
    Big coup if he actually comes on. I'll be listening for sure.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

What is LOL in this picture, that he is seen with Harry Reid ? Good job with this area of your forum druff. The rest might be cruft.... For a guy like me who doesn't read enough about poker to keep up with it, this is a great forum.

Load Metric
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Thanks for the link love, HG, even if it might be better in the Jeremy Johnson thread. I've put up those three stories, plus two at kickasspoker.com and two at pokerfuse.com, all with different aspects of it. I think it's all entertaining stuff, and a lot of it comes from Elie's deposition at Johnson's retention hearing. I'm surprised myself it hasn't drawn more attention, because it really seems a lot of what the government told us about Black Friday and SunFirst Bank isn't quite true.

Load Metric
    Here's the transcript of the Chad Elie interview with Diamond Flush on Wednesday. Interesting stuff.

http://diamondflushpoker.com/2012/11...ie-speaks-out/
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    Remember Chad Elie?

By the way, that's a "Chad Elie", but not the Chad Elie connected to poker processing. That's some other Chad Elie who was arrested on a handful of unrelated felony charges back in the day.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post
    Remember Chad Elie?

By the way, that's a "Chad Elie", but not the Chad Elie connected to poker processing. That's some other Chad Elie who was arrested on a handful of unrelated felony charges back in the day.
    Wow. No wonder he looked so old for 34.

I'll fix my original post.

Thread Information