Thread: Rolled Full Tilt, what will the net result be?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Rolled Full Tilt, what will the net result be?

So I basically rolled Full Tilt for something like $2k maybe 2 years or so ago by the typical e-check max deposit and playing the highest limit I could sit. I figured I'd take a shot and, since the e-checks used to take a couple days to clear, pay it if I ran it up (obv put a stop payment on the transaction should I bust that roll). Just wondering since Tilt appears to have a somewhat reasonable chance of getting back up and running if there will be any likelihood that my negative balance will be negated. More importantly what, if anything, might happen with my ability to play on, for example, Bellagio.com if they partner with Full Tilt in some capacity once poker is regulated in the US next year.

Cheers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProlapse View Post
    So I basically rolled Full Tilt for something like $2k maybe 2 years or so ago by the typical e-check max deposit and playing the highest limit I could sit. I figured I'd take a shot and, since the e-checks used to take a couple days to clear, pay it if I ran it up (obv put a stop payment on the transaction should I bust that roll). Just wondering since Tilt appears to have a somewhat reasonable chance of getting back up and running if there will be any likelihood that my negative balance will be negated. More importantly what, if anything, might happen with my ability to play on, for example, Bellagio.com if they partner with Full Tilt in some capacity once poker is regulated in the US next year.

Cheers
    They obv can't collect from you.

Your negative balance will probably just sit there but they may wave it @ some point.

If someone like Bellagio or something gets some sort of skin I would guess that wouldn't affect you

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I can never decide whether I am a sucker or a good guy that I never rolled on online poker site, especially considering between Battlefield, Full Tilt, Absolute and UltimateBet I was rolled for about $4K total.

Then again, I did make up accounts from friends/family members so I could get better Rakeback deals, but I am not sure this is rolling the sites on the same level, especially considering the rakeback deals actually caused me to play way more on the respective sites, making them $$.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I can never decide whether I am a sucker or a good guy that I never rolled on online poker site, especially considering between Battlefield, Full Tilt, Absolute and UltimateBet I was rolled for about $4K total.

Then again, I did make up accounts from friends/family members so I could get better Rakeback deals, but I am not sure this is rolling the sites on the same level, especially considering the rakeback deals actually caused me to play way more on the respective sites, making them $$.
    Making fake accounts to get rakeback is definitely NOT unethical. The whole rakeback model is flawed and unfair. Loyal customers that weren't aware enough to sign up through an affiliate are essentially forced for life to play for a higher rake. When you create other accounts (in friends'/family members' names), you aren't cheating anyone. You are simply dodging a stupid and arbitrary rule in order to give yourself the same deal as everyone else.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProlapse View Post

Cheers
    Don't worry about it.

There is ZERO chance this will affect your ability to play on legalized US poker sites, even if Tapie ends up buying Full Tilt and people get their money back. The US government isn't going to give a shit about your past dealings with an illegal poker site. The current ownership will NOT ever be involved in the legalized poker industry. If the software ends up being licensed to a US room, it will be owned and managed by someone else, and that company (most likely Tapie) will not concern themselves with this.

If you had a positive balance on your Full Tilt account when the site went down last year, they could deduct that 2k from what you get paid back, but if it's been 2 years, that's unlikely. It sounds to me like your Full Tilt account was dead before they got busted, and in fact you have a negative balance. In that case, pat yourself on the back that you rolled Full Tilt before they could roll you.

Sadly, I was one of the unfortunate people who deposited to Full Tilt in 2011, and the funds WERE taken out of my bank account. Most others got away with never being charged. And I also had $ on Full Tilt at the time they went down. Fortunately it wasn't very much money, so I'm not as stressed about the whole thing as many others.

Load Metric
    Rolling an E-Check isn't something you should pat yourself on the back for regardless of the actual outcome. I never really got why people do this and then talk about it with pride.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Rolling an E-Check isn't something you should pat yourself on the back for regardless of the actual outcome. I never really got why people do this and then talk about it with pride.
    Absolutely not proud, and never intended it to sound that way. Without getting into all the details, I was at a pretty low point at he time (got downsized being the main reason for that) and was in one of those "throw caution to the wind" kind of mind states. Obv not the sort of thing I'd be talking about around my son when he's old enough to understand. Now, after the fact, when things have taken a complete 180, I'm just wondering if this will have any nasty after effects, that's all.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    this is funny because I quit playing on FTP way before BF but i also rolled them, albeit unintentionally....

made a depost, played with the money from said deposit for days, busted eventually and switched to pstars. a few months later i decided i want to try and play some FTP side by side with stars and I tried to log in and my account was suspended or something....

apparently, judging from the records and the dates given, they didnt actually charge my card/acct until about 3 weeks after I had made the deposit. by that time, I had made many different purchases, deposits, withdrawals, etc and never noticed I hadnt been charged by FTP....so by the time they did actually try and charge me, 3 whole weeks after the deposit went through, i didnt have the funds and the couldnt get their money. i felt bad, tbh but its stupid that they just decide to charge me randomly almost a month after I made the transaction.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ktx49 View Post
    this is funny because I quit playing on FTP way before BF but i also rolled them, albeit unintentionally....

made a depost, played with the money from said deposit for days, busted eventually and switched to pstars. a few months later i decided i want to try and play some FTP side by side with stars and I tried to log in and my account was suspended or something....

apparently, judging from the records and the dates given, they didnt actually charge my card/acct until about 3 weeks after I had made the deposit. by that time, I had made many different purchases, deposits, withdrawals, etc and never noticed I hadnt been charged by FTP....so by the time they did actually try and charge me, 3 whole weeks after the deposit went through, i didnt have the funds and the couldnt get their money. i felt bad, tbh but its stupid that they just decide to charge me randomly almost a month after I made the transaction.
    It amazes me how many people (especially people who are essentially broke) dont actually keep track of how much money they have. Just checking your online statement and relying on it is retarded. I watch mine like a hawk and i cant even tell you how many times I have found errors, over charges, under charges, etc. This is the oldest and most tired excuse ever "I didnt know......."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    It amazes me how many people (especially people who are essentially broke) dont actually keep track of how much money they have. Just checking your online statement and relying on it is retarded. I watch mine like a hawk and i cant even tell you how many times I have found errors, over charges, under charges, etc. This is the oldest and most tired excuse ever "I didnt know......."
    Banks made millions off of this alone, especially in the overdraft charges. Dodd-Frank and the CPA has lessened the penalties and given consumers more leeway,l but they still profit off of people's ignorance, and of course, the banks' nitty greed.

As for FTP, I see less that 15% chance of getting the money back. If you were to compare to the Neteller situation, there is not even 90% of the progress made (as well as the transparency) when it comes to playing the players' back, both fro mthe sites' end and the governments' end.

I also put AP/UB bankrolls getting refunded at about..... >1%. Anything can happen, but players have a better chance of getting a blowjob from Annie Duke that probably seeing their roll.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You should actually watch out, it could end up burning you! I have a pretty long post to write, so bare with me. I will start a new thread.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    thats the thing, my bank is notoriously bad at moving charges around to create insufficient fund charges....things like a purchase showing up and debiting my account for that amount, then three days later that charge is gone, the money is back in my acct and they move around a bunch of transactions around to create an NSF. so when i didnt see the FTP charge i assumed it had hit and this was just standard Suntrust bullshit. the thing is, does FTP have the right to charge my card 4 weeks after the actual transaction date?

either way, i wouldnt roll a site for such a small amount.

Thread Information