Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: **** Official President Barack Obama / Govenor Mitt Romney Presidential Thread (November 6th Election)****

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    It is truly amazing why ANYONE would vote for Obama. Guy basically broke EVERY promise he made in 2008. I just watched a Fox News interview and an old bat lady said she voted for Obama, because she likes him. Could not give a reason, other than she likes him.

There really should be a skills aptitude test before anyone is allowed to vote. I GUARANTEE Half of these muther fuckers can't even name 5 Presidents and that is just a fact.
    What scares you more? Do you want a guy so insecure that he belongs to a cult running the show? Do you really think either candidate is going to do much good? Isn't this election about who will do less damage? They are both saying whatever it is they believe will get them the most votes. It has nothing to do with what their backers will make them do once they are in.

Load Metric
    It is truly amazing why ANYONE would vote for Obama. Guy basically broke EVERY promise he made in 2008. I just watched a Fox News interview and an old bat lady said she voted for Obama, because she likes him. Could not give a reason, other than she likes him.

There really should be a skills aptitude test before anyone is allowed to vote. I GUARANTEE Half of these muther fuckers can't even name 5 Presidents and that is just a fact.

Are you going to go away after the election or is this your thing now?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post

He'll likely self-ban, with one good final thread before he hits the road.

Woooooooooooooo!!

Silver
    Load Metric

Yes, this is my thing now. Whatever my thing is in your one liner mind, that is it.

Load Metric
    Your thing being getting wasted early in the day and using this website as your outlet for drunken ramblings/I'm leaving forever/Hurricane expertise/Confusing which poster is which

Silver
    Load Metric
    Your thing being getting wasted early in the day and using this website as your outlet for drunken ramblings/I'm leaving forever/Hurricane expertise/Confusing which poster is which
    See how pathetic you are? You follow me around like a little dog. Unreal. You think about me all the time, and it is fucking weird. I never post in your business, but day in day out you are refreshing my posts.

What an odd dude you are. Go out and water a plant or something.

Load Metric
    Take it with a grain of salt because it was talk radio but there are reports that the Black Panthers are going up to people's cars as they arrive at the polls in New York and Pennsylvania.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

My wife and I went to the voting booths this morning before work. There were 4 older ladies running the show and 3 voting booths that are similar to a science fair project in how they fold up. They had an oval VOTE logo on top center and a cartridge slot on the left that the volunteers used to start your ballot.
    I initially selected Obama but Romney was highlighted. I assumed it was being picky so I deselected Romney and tried Obama again, this time more carefully, and still got Romney. Being a software developer, I immediately went into troubleshoot mode. I first thought the calibration was off and tried selecting Jill Stein to actually highlight Obama. Nope. Jill Stein was selected just fine. Next I deselected her and started at the top of Romney's name and started tapping very closely together to find the 'active areas'. From the top of Romney's button down to the bottom of the black checkbox beside Obama's name was all active for Romney. From the bottom of that same checkbox to the bottom of the Obama button (basically a small white sliver) is what let me choose Obama. Stein's button was fine. All other buttons worked fine.
    I asked the voters on either side of me if they had any problems and they reported they did not. I then called over a volunteer to have a look at it. She him hawed for a bit then calmly said "It's nothing to worry about, everything will be OK." and went back to what she was doing. I then recorded this video.
    EDIT: There is a lot of speculation that the footage is edited. I'm not a video guy, but if it's possible to prove whether a video has been altered or not, I will GLADLY provide the raw footage to anyone who is willing to do so. The jumping frames are a result of the shitty camera app on my Android phone, nothing more.
    More things you should do: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9704&utm_...medium=twitter

If you have problems or see problems at the polls, be sure to report them to 866-OUR-VOTE, or at OurVoteLive.org!

Catch any problems at the polls on photo or video? Upload it to YouTube and social sites, and tell VideoTheVote.org! Also tag it with the #VideoTheVote hashtag.
    If You Must Vote on Touch-Screen and Your Vote Flips...

Try to capture it with your cell phone camera
    Call poll supervisors to observe the problem.
    Fill out a problem report.
    Refuse to vote on that machine.
    Request that the machine be taken out of service.
    Get the serial number of the machine if possible (may be difficult in some cases).
    Tell other voters in line which machine it was and that they should NOT vote on that machine!
    Report it to county/town election office.
    Report it to the Secretary of State.
    Call local reporters and tell them the story.
    Call 866-OUR-VOTE and tell them.
    Contact bloggers and Election Integrity websites.
    Raise holy hell.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Nate Silver was on the Colbert Report last night for all of you 538 nut hangers. Interesting that he dropped that he was a poker player. Worth a look if you missed it: Colbert Streaming Link

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is the final tally of pre-election polls, as provided by RealClearPolitics (who averages all polls). I am only listing the close states (fewer than 5 points separating candidates):

National: Obama 48.8, Romey 48.1 (Obama +0.7)

OH (18): Obama +2.9
    FL (29): Romney +1.5
    VA (13): Obama +0.3
    NH (4): Obama +2.0
    NC (15): Romney +3.0
    MI (16): Obama +4.0
    WI (10): Obama +4.2
    PA (20): Obama +3.8
    IA (6): Obama +2.4
    CO (9): Obama +1.5
    NV (6): Obama +2.8

I still think Romney will win Virginia.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I still think
    Me too, man. Me too.

Load Metric
    Same thing DirtyB experienced is happening in PA, and his video is drawing national attention: http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012...nd-back-online

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Same thing DirtyB experienced is happening in PA, and his video is drawing national attention: http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012...nd-back-online
    That didn't happen to Barry personally. It was posted on Reddit, then made the rounds on various news websites.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is the only realistic way for Romney to win, barring a fluke victory in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or Michigan:

1) Carry Florida and North Carolina, as expected

2) Win the super-close toss-up state of Virgina

3) Pull somewhat of an upset in Ohio, making up a 2.5 point polling deficit

4) Win (at least) ONE of these three small states: Nevada, New Hampshire, Colorado

Romney will probably do #1, and he has a decent chance to pull off #2.

#3 will be tough (but not impossible), and #4 will be tough, those he pretty much has two shots to get it done (New Hampshire and Colorado), where he is only behind 1.5%-2% in both places.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    That didn't happen to Barry personally. It was posted on Reddit, then made the rounds on various news websites.
    Oops.

Huge problems being reported in Cleveland with voters having been unknowingly purged from the rolls (a la Florida 2000) and confused poll workers pushing thousands to provisional ballots.

America's fucked up election process: designed to be stolen. Republicans: more than willing to steal.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Here is the only realistic way for Romney to win, barring a fluke victory in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or Michigan:

4) Win (at least) ONE of these three small states: Nevada, New Hampshire, Colorado

#3 will be tough (but not impossible), and #4 will be tough, those he pretty much has two shots to get it done (New Hampshire and Colorado), where he is only behind 1.5%-2% in both places.
    I haven't been following the political threads at PFA closely, so this may have been mentioned somewhere already. Reports came out yesterday that Romney's internal polls show that he's tied in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, ahead 1 point in Ohio, +2 points in Iowa, and +3 in New Hampshire. The Romney camp recently claimed that those numbers are incorrect. But they did come from Neil Newhouse, Romney's head pollster.

I've heard it said that internal polls are usually more accurate, but I have no idea if there's any truth in that.

Load Metric

I haven't been following the political threads at PFA closely, so this may have been mentioned somewhere already. Reports came out yesterday that Romney's internal polls show that he's tied in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, ahead 1 point in Ohio, +2 points in Iowa, and +3 in New Hampshire. The Romney camp recently claimed that those numbers are incorrect. But they did come from Neil Newhouse, Romney's head pollster.

I've heard it said that internal polls are usually more accurate, but I have no idea if there's any truth in that.
    Internal polls have the advantage of being able to take into account the vote hacking and disenfranchisement efforts.

Load Metric

1. This will happen.
    2. This will happen. Will win by 5 or more
    3. He will barely win Ohio
    4. He wins Colorado

book it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

1. This will happen.
    2. This will happen. Will win by 5 or more
    3. He will barely win Ohio
    4. He wins Colorado

book it
    Wormhole lock?

Platinum
    Load Metric

Oops.

Huge problems being reported in Cleveland with voters having been unknowingly purged from the rolls (a la Florida 2000) and confused poll workers pushing thousands to provisional ballots.

America's fucked up election process: designed to be stolen. Republicans: more than willing to steal.
    Lay that foundation so you can cry that it wasn't fair if Obama loses.

Disenfranchised voters, racism yeah we have heard it all before.

Disgusting, but par for the course.

Thread Information