Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrogant Apple exec was "asked to leave" the company because he wouldn't apologize for IOS6 Maps fail

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Arrogant Apple exec was "asked to leave" the company because he wouldn't apologize for IOS6 Maps fail

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/30/tech/m...ble/index.html

What a fucking retard.

Imagine working yourself to such a high position in a company like Apple, and then throwing it away because you're too arrogant to admit that your company made a mistake.

Citing "people familiar with the matter," The Wall Street Journal reports that Forstall, a 15-year veteran at Apple, wanted the company to address the poor reception for Maps without apologizing. However, CEO Tim Cook disagreed and sent an e-mail to customers on Sept. 28 stating that Maps "fell short."
    Here is the Wall Street Journal article about it: http://professional.wsj.com/article/...TEyNDkyWj.html

IOS6 Maps do suck. We tried to use them for directions when driving from Atlantic City to Times Square, NYC, and it tried to send us to some other part of New York state.

Load Metric
    "asked to leave" usually comes with some sort of buyout and I'm sure he got some stock along the way. If I was him I would just move to an island somewhere and enjoy the rest of my life in leisure.

Load Metric
    I would blame Bush.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Peter Principle.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I would blame Bush.

I like almost everything about you but this joke is so old. Bush and every other president gets more than their fair share of blame and credit. But some of it is deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    My mom has a few special requests actually, Vwls do you do any freelance work? For fun or at least pretty cheap? Mostly cutesy stuff with her horses and baby foal who is still a baby but a freaking huge one let me tell you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLE-BOT View Post
    I would blame Bush.

I like almost everything about you but this joke is so old. Bush and every other president gets more than their fair share of blame and credit. But some of it is deserved.
    It's not about bush, it's about the emptiness of the charge from the apple folks to blame this guy for everything that has gone wrong. Pretty sure it was more than one 'hrrumph'-ing board slag that said 'push it out'. 0 points to Gryffindor for shallow assumptiveness.

Load Metric
    I would blame Bush.

Maybe the joke would die if people actually stopped blaming Bush. It's been 4 fucking years. Time for Obama and his nut huggers to realize that.
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

Maybe the joke would die if people actually stopped blaming Bush. It's been 4 fucking years. Time for Obama and his nut huggers to realize that.
    Remember when I asked you to back that bullshit statement up with links to actual posts and you couldn't do it?

Load Metric
    I would blame Bush.
    I blame the Jews.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    I would blame Bush.
    I blame the Jews.
    little known fact that George Bush is in fact a jew

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

Remember when I asked you to back that bullshit statement up with links to actual posts and you couldn't do it?
    Remember when I told you that you never specifically use the word "Bush"? Remember when I told you that you love to use statements like "he inherited the problem", "previous administration", and "out of his hands"? In your eyes, everything positive that has happened is because of Obama. Everything negative is because it's out of his hands or he has inherited the problem. You're an Obama marble gargler and everyone on this site knows it. Except for you.
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric

Remember when I told you that you never specifically use the word "Bush"? Remember when I told you that you love to use statements like "he inherited the problem", "previous administration", and "out of his hands"? In your eyes, everything positive that has happened is because of Obama. Everything negative is because it's out of his hands or he has inherited the problem. You're an Obama marble gargler and everyone on this site knows it. Except for you.
    Yeah. That was a retarded cop out. I asked you to back up your bullshit and you couldn't.

Load Metric

Yeah. That was a retarded cop out. I asked you to back up your bullshit and you couldn't.
    Lol. Everyone knows you do it. It's not a secret. It's why you get so defensive and snippy. But if you want to believe otherwise, knock yourself out.

Load Metric

Lol. Everyone knows you do it. It's not a secret. It's why you get so defensive and snippy. But if you want to believe otherwise, knock yourself out.
    Then it should be really easy to link to a bunch of posts where I do that. But....you can't.

Load Metric

Then it should be really easy to link to a bunch of posts where I do that. But....you can't.
    You're right Barry. You have never blamed Bush or a Republican for any of Obama's failures. You have been completely fair and unbiased in your evaluations of the current President, and everyone here is extremely grateful for your nonpartisan thoughts. It's not like you go around comparing Republican politicians to the Taliban. Oh wait..... you did do that. Clearly the thoughts of someone who looks at things with an open and unbiased mind. Tell me, exactly how do Obama's nuts taste?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It's not about bush, it's about the emptiness of the charge from the apple folks to blame this guy for everything that has gone wrong. Pretty sure it was more than one 'hrrumph'-ing board slag that said 'push it out'. 0 points to Gryffindor for shallow assumptiveness.
    I'm not understanding. Are you saying that this particular Apple exec was being scapegoated?

Load Metric

Reminds me of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I'm not understanding. Are you saying that this particular Apple exec was being scapegoated?
    He was one of the last "Jobs" guys left at Apple.

He is vocal, brash, and pretty much everything that Jobs was and desired in his employees. Also, a terrible, terrible co-worker.

The real problems came from him having fundamental disagreements about the phone and iOS design and software implementations.

It really is a sign that Apple is beginning a downward trend back into mediocrity driven more by deadlines and cost than sheer perfection. Jobs didn't give a crap about cost or deadlines if it meant having the perfect product.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    It really is a sign that Apple is beginning a downward trend back into mediocrity driven more by deadlines and cost than sheer perfection. Jobs didn't give a crap about cost or deadlines if it meant having the perfect product.
    Is their accelerated release pace of almost everything they sell now going to be their downfall? Is production more the goal now than innovation?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

He was one of the last "Jobs" guys left at Apple.

He is vocal, brash, and pretty much everything that Jobs was and desired in his employees. Also, a terrible, terrible co-worker.

The real problems came from him having fundamental disagreements about the phone and iOS design and software implementations.

This is all true, but it still doesn't explain why he wouldn't apologize to the public for the IOS6 Map fail.

It's not like everything Jobs did was perfect. Apple languished for many years before finally improving Mac sales, and then eventually breaking out to huge success thanks to the iPhone.

Steve Jobs once felt that the Apple Lisa and NeXT computers would be huge. Look how those turned out.

Thread Information