Thread: ***Official March Madness Thread***

Load Metric

***Official March Madness Thread***

Don't know how many of you fill out brackets, but today was interesting. Duke loses to #15 Lehigh. (Fine by me, I hate Duke and had them losing to Baylor in the Sweet 16). Missouri loses to #15 Norfolk St. That one hurt, had Missouri in the elite 8. Ohio beats #4 Michigan. I expected a little more out of Michigan. On a brighter note, I am a huge North Carolina fan, so seeing McAdoo step up in place of Henson was nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    when was the last time a 2 seed lost 1st round .... i doubt (2) #2 seeds ever lost in same year 1st round since expansion to 64

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by XteraveX View Post
    when was the last time a 2 seed lost 1st round .... i doubt (2) #2 seeds ever lost in same year 1st round since expansion to 64
    Never before have two No. 15 seeds advanced beyond the Round of 64 in the Madness, and the last time one team with a seed that low advanced was 11 years ago, when Hampton stunned the Iowa State Cyclones.
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Duke was the most overrated 2 seed ever. Sucks, because I've waited a long fucking time for them to get in the same region as UK.

Syracuse should have lost.

I'm a little worried about this Iowa St. team. Just a gut feeling, but I tonight's game might be closer than it needs to be. Get through tonight, and UK should ease right through to the final four. Fuck Indiana. Hope UK get's them in the sweet 16.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Duke was the most overrated 2 seed ever. Sucks, because I've waited a long fucking time for them to get in the same region as UK.

I'm a little worried about this Iowa St. team. Just a gut feeling, but I tonight's game might be closer than it needs to be. Get through tonight, and UK should ease right through to the final four. Fuck Indiana. Hope UK get's them in the sweet 16.
    Duke has developed a reputation of living and dying by the 3 pointer. If they are hitting the 3's, you are in trouble. If they aren't, anyone can beat them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

Duke has developed a reputation of living and dying by the 3 pointer. If they are hitting the 3's, you are in trouble. If they aren't, anyone can beat them.
    Yeah, but this years team is crap. Austin Rivers is the clear cut, best athlete on the team. He knows it, and tries to do too much. They're slow, predictable, and they shouldn't have even been top 25 this year, let alone a 2 seed, in my opinion.

Load Metric
    I have lost 4 of my Sweet 16 teams (Wichita State, Duke, Missouri, and Temple) and 1 of my Elite 8 teams (Missouri). Still have all of my final four teams alive.

I am in last place in my bracket challenge but have the most "possible points"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post
    I have lost 4 of my Sweet 16 teams (Wichita State, Duke, Missouri, and Temple) and 1 of my Elite 8 teams (Missouri). Still have all of my final four teams alive.

I had Mizzou to final four.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post

I think a lot of people got their ass kicked with Duke and Missouri losing yesterday. I watch a lot of college basketball, so Duke losing didn't hurt me to much, but Missouri was a killer. If UNC makes a deep run like I think they will, I'll be alright. Marquette is looking good and I think Wisconsin can beat Vandy. Fab Melo out for Syracuse made me change up my bracket a bit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Didn't fill out a bracket this year.

But I can tell you this. Compared to 10+ years ago the top seeds are just not as dominant as they once were. Round 1 the powerhouse 1 seeds would almost always be favored by 30+

I think I saw some 18-20 point favs the other day. The smaller guys are also getting more competitive for some reason.

Within 5 years we will see a 1 seed lose in the first round IMO

Load Metric
    None of my final 8 are out yet. I've got Carolina, FSU, MSU, and Kentucky in my final 4, with Kentucky beating Carolina for the NC. Pretty generic, but there just seemed to be a gulf between the Top 4 or 5 teams and the field imo, so I have to pick up ancillary points along the way, and I'm doing decent so far. I filled mine out before Fab Melo got the hook, and FSU looked weak the other day, so I may have been better served to be a homer and pick my Buckeyes. I simply don't trust their outside shooting. They're either all on, in which case they can beat anyone, or cold as hell and the entire defense collapses on Sullinger. If they get past today which isn't a great match-up for them, I might start to feel confident and have some hope for a Final 4 appearance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    None of my final 8 are out yet. I've got Carolina, FSU, MSU, and Kentucky in my final 4, with Kentucky beating Carolina for the NC. Pretty generic, but there just seemed to be a gulf between the Top 4 or 5 teams and the field imo, so I have to pick up ancillary points along the way, and I'm doing decent so far. I filled mine out before Fab Melo got the hook, and FSU looked weak the other day, so I may have been better served to be a homer and pick my Buckeyes. I simply don't trust their outside shooting. They're either all on, in which case they can beat anyone, or cold as hell and the entire defense collapses on Sullinger. If they get past today which isn't a great match-up for them, I might start to feel confident and have some hope for a Final 4 appearance.
    Sullinger is good, but physical big men seem to give him fucking fits. I don't think he's going to have a great pro career.

Load Metric
    Sullinger is good, but physical big men seem to give him fucking fits. I don't think he's going to have a great pro career.
    He'll be a second unit guy most likely in the NBA. His upper range is being a Big Baby-type with a little more skill and better hands. He has started to develop a little range in the 12-15 foot area, but has a long way to go. Certainly not an All-Star-level player. He's 6'9, and doesn't play any taller. There just aren't that many physical big men in CBB outside the elite teams this year. Ohio State is a strange team. A lot of athletes, but very hot-cold. They play great defense though when they want to, so they have a shot if they run above average from 3 for the tourney.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Mizzou losing was awful, if only Pressley hits that last shot with 2 seconds left for the epic win.

Load Metric
    He'll be a second unit guy most likely in the NBA. His upper range is being a Big Baby-type with a little more skill and better hands. He has started to develop a little range in the 12-15 foot area, but has a long way to go. Certainly not an All-Star-level player. He's 6'9, and doesn't play any taller. There just aren't that many physical big men in CBB outside the elite teams this year. Ohio State is a strange team. A lot of athletes, but very hot-cold. They play great defense though when they want to, so they have a shot if they run above average from 3 for the tourney.
    I remember Harrellson making a mess of Sullinger last year, just by being really physical with him. That was Harrellson's game, though. He made up for his lack of athleticism with intensity and physical play.

I've actually got them advancing to the FF in that region, because I think they have a fairly favorable road. I think that either UNC or Kansas will eat them up, though.

In related OSU news, I like that Craft kid. He's a lot of fun to watch.

Load Metric
    I remember Harrellson making a mess of Sullinger last year, just by being really physical with him. That was Harrellson's game, though. He made up for his lack of athleticism with intensity and physical play.

I've actually got them advancing to the FF in that region, because I think they have a fairly favorable road. I think that either UNC or Kansas will eat them up, though.

In related OSU news, I like that Craft kid. He's a lot of fun to watch.

Yeah, when I said my bracket might have been better served by being a homer with Ohio State, I meant to the FF, not winning it all. Though NC doesn't scare me that much should it occur, as I don't buy the ACC this year that much, and I don't view them as that physical. Losing by 30+ to Florida State, losing to UNLV, losing at all to Duke just doesn't strike fear into me. I think it would be a coin-flip.They would be prohibitive underdogs to Kentucky however. I picked Florida State over Ohio State simply because Hamilton had them playing very well until last game, and because as good a recruiter as Matta is, I hate his in-game coaching more often than not, and I just kind of expect him to screw something up at this point.

Craft is a fantastic athlete, and a sick defender. He was a hell of a football player also. They played a Youngstown team in the state finals in his junior season. I happened to sit next to a few locals from Findlay, where Liberty-Benton was located. They were real confident. Coming into the game Craft had something absurd like a 90% completion rate, and a 30/1 td to int ratio running a spread, had outscored their opponents like 600-50 during that year, but they hadn't played anyone yet imo, and the Youngstown team was a catholic school loaded with speed. They had 2 defensive ends that were killing everyone. One was an Ohio State commit who would later get shot, pronounced dead only to come back, and then shot again like 6 months later, only to recover again. Shame, he was one of the better athletes I'd ever seen, and would have been special if he didn't get caught up in the street game. I told the guys from Findlay that if they contain the ends, they had a chance. They were confident they could, but they couldn't, and Craft was running for his life the entire game, but he was impressive even while getting sacked, as he'd dodge two defenders, only to be crushed by another. He did everything iirc. QB, kicker, and I think played DB. The Youngstown team shut them out like 20-0 or something, but Craft's heart still impressed me. That team from Youngstown also won the next 3 state championships in a row, so he was just up against it that day as you can't compete with catholic schools filled with hard city kids.

Thread Information