Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are You Leaving California ???

Load Metric

Are You Leaving California ???

you suckers in California are spending $2 billion dollars a year on welfare and free education just for illegals plus huge salaries and pensions for Public Union Employees now the bill is due there is a vote next week to raise your taxes by $50 Billion while Florida has 0.0 State income tax

"46 Percent of Californians Have Seriously Considered Leaving the Golden State

Emily Ekins|Oct. 29, 2012 5:30 pm

In the latest Reason-Rupe poll of 696 California voters, including 508 likely voters, 46 percent report they have seriously considered leaving the Golden State, 54 percent say they have not.

Among those who have considered moving out of California, the most likely reason given is the state’s high cost of living. California’s economic environment, including job opportunities, wages, and the business climate came in as the second most important reason. California’s high level of taxation was the third most mentioned reason.

Nearly two thirds of Romney supporters have considered moving out of the state of California, in contrast, nearly two thirds of Obama voters have not. Fifty-six percent of Republicans and Independent-leaning Republicans and 82 percent of pure Independents have seriously considered moving out of the state. In contrast, 62 percent of Democrats and Independent-leaning Democrats have not.

About a third of both Republicans and Democrats mentioned California’s high cost of living as a primary reason they considered moving. However, Republicans were more likely to mention taxes and Democrats more likely to mention jobs and wages.

California telephone poll conducted October 11th-15th on both landline and cell phones, 696 adults, margin of error +/- 3.8%. The sample also includes 508 likely voters, with a margin of error of +/- 5.1%. Columns may not add up to 100% due to rounding."

http://reason.com/poll/2012/10/29/46...-have-seriousl

Load Metric
    Literally as fast as my feet will carry me. Stuck in the mud at the mo, but my exodus is coming very soon.

Load Metric
    Skatz will pay for a 1 way greyhound ticket to North Dakota.

Load Metric
    Why would you want all of those people moving to Florida?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Skatz will pay for a 1 way greyhound ticket to North Dakota.
    Really? If you aren't bullshitting I'll take this into consideration. Have a meeting/dinner with my aunt Monday, she would be the last word on my decision as I'd need a few grand to live on while out there trying to make it.

Load Metric
    Thats totally overkill dawg #YOLO, you need enough for 1 week in a motel, after that youll be working on-site at the oil derreks.

Banned
    Load Metric
    be sure to weeeaaaar some floweeeeerrrrrs in yooooour haaaaiiiir

Load Metric
    Thats totally overkill dawg #YOLO, you need enough for 1 week in a motel, after that youll be working on-site at the oil derreks.

skatz should make video blogs a condition of mike's participation
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 10-30-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    just an example, there are 7 states with no state income tax Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming,
    i don't think many are moving to Florida

because California over regulates manufacturing they have chased and are chasing it out of the state, so they lose those taxes to other states like Utah and Texas that are doing well and the citizens of California have a heavier tax burden to make up the difference

Load Metric
    We will see states losing population just as we saw that Facebook guy leave the country. You need to worry when the states start putting restrictions on economic migrants. Won't be long now. I am sure there are already many people out there that maintain a virtual residence in other than their actual place of residence for state tax reasons - amirite?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
    We will see states losing population just as we saw that Facebook guy leave the country. You need to worry when the states start putting restrictions on economic migrants. Won't be long now. I am sure there are already many people out there that maintain a virtual residence in other than their actual place of residence for state tax reasons - amirite?

Load Metric
    thought of leaving, but not because of taxation...

its because i feel like a foreigner in Los Angeles...

i am surrounded by people that don't speak English, instead they speak Spanish, Armenian, Korean or Mandarin...

Load Metric
    My mom agreed to allocate the 2k for my license onto this endeavor instead. Give you a date range soon and I am almost certain I'll be taking you up on the offer.

Trying to find heeb right now, just being honest, going alone scares the shit out of me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    My mom agreed........
    God you're fucking pathetic.
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Silver
    Load Metric
    No for like 50 different reasons, mostly because I'm a native and my family is here. It is what I know. If finances were an issue, I'd move to the Cental Valley where good sized homes are $100,000 before I moved to another state strictly due to financial reasons.

Next, it is just too nice here compared to the massive shit hole that makes up the bulk of the United States, between the West and East coasts. Tahoe, Beaches, SF, LA, SD, SB, LV, Portland, and Reno are all within proximity, the weather is great year round.

Despite whatever that poll says, I guarantee the economic climate is better in CA for those that have skills outside of manufacturing or businesses with products people actually want to buy (the real small businesses, retail/restaurants/services, etc). Property values in the nicer areas reflect this, and have been somewhat insulated from the bubble. Sure taxes suck, but at least we don't have bullshit turnpikes and tolls every 5 miles, and we can buy liquor on Sundays.

CA, like most of the world is a playground for the rich, and crappy for the poor. If your uneducated or work in a dead end job, like most places, your existence will be rough.
    Last edited by v12cl; 10-30-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Load Metric
    Some pics I took at Laguna Beach...

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    just an example, there are 7 states with no state income tax Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming,

because California over regulates manufacturing they have chased and are chasing it out of the state, so they lose those taxes to other states like Utah and Texas that are doing well and the citizens of California have a heavier tax burden to make up the difference

You are an idiot. Texas has a extremely high property tax instead. There are consequences to low taxes. Other taxes pop up elsewhere, or deficits do.

Not only that Texas has a "franchise tax" on business. We pay ojn revenue, not profit. If you have a restaurant/club that makes $100k a year, but with 10 million in volume.....you get to pay an extra 100k and get zero profit.

I could go on, and attempt to explain real market forces such as the o&g business effects on this state but you are too stupid to understand them.

its even funnier you thinking companies get chased out of states by income tax. You simply don't understand the mechanisms of taxes because you will never make these types of economic decisions.

Like relocating your corporate headquarters means you don't have to still pay these taxes? No. You pay taxes INSIDE THE STATE YOU POSTED A PROFIT, REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU ARE HEADQUARTERED. You are doing business INSIDE A STATE BECAUSE IT IS PROFITABLE. the 4-5% isn't going to change that. Leaving the state? Your profit center and business are still there for your competitors.

It can be the other way around though. Leaving a state like Texas. When my company posted a profit in Colorado, we paid Colorado state income taxes while still having to pay property tax on our equipment in Texas. Why not just move to Colorado? We just might. especially since the high personal costs of property tax effect me more than state business tax I don't pay on out of state income.

get it? probably not. But keep on posting theories you read on some right wing site. There are reasons the American people will never give full control to the tea party. They haven't thought through their complaints, let alone possible decisions that should come with the problems that they have "identified".

You are everything that is wrong with America: You whine like a girl about problems you don't understand, You are also stupid, angry, and prone to soundbite fueled, populist anti-intellectual rage, without any understanding of basic economic issues you complain about. And then you have no solution to even your imaginary problems. "HEY GUYS LET'S CUT TAXES SO LOW MAN IT WILL BE GREAT. BUSINESS WILL BOOM ALONG WITH JOBS! Fuck yeah. But wait.......there isn't a single place that has ever worked in world history? Fuck it. lets talk about it non-stop anyway". Fucking rube. STFU.
    My mom has a few special requests actually, Vwls do you do any freelance work? For fun or at least pretty cheap? Mostly cutesy stuff with her horses and baby foal who is still a baby but a freaking huge one let me tell you.

Load Metric
    I don't plan on leaving California unless the big one wipes me out and I would then be forced to relocate.

For one the tech industry is mainly based in California so it would be more difficult for me to find work elsewhere.

Second reason is that there is a specific type of lifestyle that Californians live that is unlike any other state such as going snowboarding one day and then hitting the beach the next day. There are other factors such as climate, entertainment and retail that aren't as prevalent as in other states.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Sorry that probably went over your head. I'll help you out. If A-Rod makes 10 million, plays 160 games and plays 16 of those games in say, Massachusets......the State of Massachussets taxes him their rate on the 1 million they assert he makes there.

This isn't a for instance. professional athletes really do pay taxes to dozens of states. A pro athlete has a long tax return. So do companies in numerous states.

Will Josh Hamilton avoid playing Boston over 3%. No.

Will Josh Hamilton leave the Rangers? Maybe, but not because of an income tax in another state he earns an income in. He will still pay those same exact taxes based on how many games he played in each taxing entity. BUT......he could save a lot of money on his 10 million dollar house by simply living in Louisiana and still enjoying the same income in the different profitable states.

i hope this made more sense.

if anyone doubts pro ball players pay taxes based on the number of games they play in a given state.....i will google it for ya.

Good luck letting actual facts seep into your misunderstanding your are furiously having on state taxes and their business consequences.

Good luck on not understanding how much food stamps save in criminal justice related costs.

Good luck on not understanding how food stamp programs in a down economy are thriving and welcomed in GOP states like Texas because they work to save the state money. And the GOP is supposed to like that.

Good luck not understanding the taxable profit businesses make employing immigrants and illegals, or do you not understand how people are lured here by work and that work makes their employers money, which they pay taxes on. Which easily pays for their health care we aren't giving them except in emergencies. But I might have bit off a little too much trying to explain that to you.
    My mom has a few special requests actually, Vwls do you do any freelance work? For fun or at least pretty cheap? Mostly cutesy stuff with her horses and baby foal who is still a baby but a freaking huge one let me tell you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLE-BOT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

You are an idiot. Texas has a extremely high property tax instead. There are consequences to low taxes. Other taxes pop up elsewhere, or deficits do.

Not only that Texas has a "franchise tax" on business. We pay ojn revenue, not profit. If you have a restaurant/club that makes $100k a year, but with 10 million in volume.....you get to pay an extra 100k and get zero profit.

I could go on, and attempt to explain real market forces such as the o&g business effects on this state but you are too stupid to understand them.

its even funnier you thinking companies get chased out of states by income tax. You simply don't understand the mechanisms of taxes because you will never make these types of economic decisions.

Like relocating your corporate headquarters means you don't have to still pay these taxes? No. You pay taxes INSIDE THE STATE YOU POSTED A PROFIT, REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU ARE HEADQUARTERED. You are doing business INSIDE A STATE BECAUSE IT IS PROFITABLE. the 4-5% isn't going to change that. Leaving the state? Your profit center and business are still there for your competitors.

It can be the other way around though. Leaving a state like Texas. When my company posted a profit in Colorado, we paid Colorado state income taxes while still having to pay property tax on our equipment in Texas. Why not just move to Colorado? We just might. especially since the high personal costs of property tax effect me more than state business tax I don't pay on out of state income.

get it? probably not. But keep on posting theories you read on some right wing site. There are reasons the American people will never give full control to the tea party. They haven't thought through their complaints, let alone possible decisions that should come with the problems that they have "identified".

You are everything that is wrong with America: You whine like a girl about problems you don't understand, You are also stupid, angry, and prone to soundbite fueled, populist anti-intellectual rage, without any understanding of basic economic issues you complain about. And then you have no solution to even your imaginary problems. "HEY GUYS LET'S CUT TAXES SO LOW MAN IT WILL BE GREAT. BUSINESS WILL BOOM ALONG WITH JOBS! Fuck yeah. But wait.......there isn't a single place that has ever worked in world history? Fuck it. lets talk about it non-stop anyway". Fucking rube. STFU.
    hey dummy read my post, i stated businesses in CA were over regulated and leaving the state and relocating to states that are more business friendly and CA loses taxes paid by them which is true and CA state personal income tax is high which is true and sighted a survey about unhappy Californians, you made up all this other shit in your head because that's the answer you want to give to pretend to know something about economics SFO drunk moron-bot, keep licking Obama's balls loser

if Texas was run by dumb assholes like you that never ran a business, they would be broke just like California
    lol $10 mill in revenue with 100K profit is obviously a stupid scenario with no details so DIAGF
    Last edited by Rollo Tomasi; 10-30-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Thread Information