Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are You Leaving California ???

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    This article hypothesis may prove true but as of right now it is a bunch of guesses from a breitbart blog.

The tax hike was not even passed until November 6th so the November numbers would be very unlikely to be changed based on the passage of the tax hike. Use your brain.

The income tax is also retroactive to the start of 2012 so people moving would not lower what will be collected.

How this bill will impact California revenue will not be seen for a while.

But again, great blog.
    Last edited by bukowski72; 12-10-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    This article hypothesis may prove true but as of right now it is a bunch of guesses from a breitbart blog.

The tax hike was not even passed until November 6th so the November numbers would be very unlikely to be changed based on the passage of the tax hike. Use your brain.

The income tax is also retroactive to the start of 2012 so people moving would not lower what will be collected.

How this bill will impact California revenue will not be seen for a while.

But again, great blog.
    California's Population is Moving Out

By Olga Spilewsky and Conan Nolan | Monday, Dec 10, 2012

About 100,000 more people moved away from California in 2011 than relocated to the Golden State, according to the latest report from the U.S. Census Bureau.

The trend can be explained, in part, in monetary terms. Even in an economic boom, the cost of living in California has increased, prompting people to move out, and, in recent years, unemployment in the state has skyrocketed.

So, where are these former Californians going?

The Census Bureau calculates that the most popular destination is Texas (58,992), a state that is luring California companies. That’s followed by Arizona (49,635), Nevada (40,114), Washington (38,421) and Oregon (34,214).

Although in smaller numbers, people are still relocating to the Golden State.

Texans make up the largest number of translates to California with 37,387 people, according to the report. That is followed by people from Washington (36,481), Nevada (36,159), Arizona (35,650), and New York (25,269).

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...182914961.html

Load Metric
    Holy shit. California lost 0.2% of its population? In only 500 more years, the state will be completely empty.

Load Metric

"By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 01:58 EST, 23 January 2013 | UPDATED: 01:58 EST, 23 January 2013

Tiger Woods said today that the reason he left California in the mid-Nineties was because the state's taxes were too high.
    The golfer spoke at a press conference on Tuesday about his decision to move to Florida in 1996.
    Speaking at Torrey Pines Golf Course in La Jolla, California, Woods said: 'I moved out of here back in ’96 for that reason.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2Is5he53c
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

Now that prop 30 has kicked in retroactively many richy rich will be leaving in droves except the liberal progressives of-course because they want to pay more taxes (yea right)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    Now that prop 30 has kicked in retroactively many richy rich will be leaving in droves except the liberal progressives of-course because they want to pay more taxes (yea right)
    I always vote for tax increases that include me.

Load Metric
    This is one good thing the USA has going for it. You can relocate from a high tax state to a low tax state. This story will continue. We will see reported, again and again, when celebrities move and the reasons why.

Up here in Canada, we have something called "equalization". This is where the federal government collects taxes from all people in all provinces (states) at more or less the same rate, and the provinces do more or less that same. Then, the provinces that have a lower tax base get money transferred to them via the federal government to fund health and education services. This means the level of services are relatively equal everywhere as well as the level of taxation. Except for Provincial Sales Tax, where in Alberta the rate is 0%, and in Quebec / Nova Scotia where the rate is 10% but the Federal Sales Tax rate of 5% still applies everywhere.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
    This is one good thing the USA has going for it. You can relocate from a high tax state to a low tax state. This story will continue. We will see reported, again and again, when celebrities move and the reasons why.

Up here in Canada, we have something called "equalization". This is where the federal government collects taxes from all people in all provinces (states) at more or less the same rate, and the provinces do more or less that same. Then, the provinces that have a lower tax base get money transferred to them via the federal government to fund health and education services. This means the level of services are relatively equal everywhere as well as the level of taxation. Except for Provincial Sales Tax, where in Alberta the rate is 0%, and in Quebec / Nova Scotia where the rate is 10% but the Federal Sales Tax rate of 5% still applies everywhere.
    I guess Canada can do that when:

Canada population 34,482,779 - 2011 < California population 37,691,912 - 2011

Load Metric
    So Rollo you're going to give credit where credit is due right? Because Gov. Moonbeam balanced CA's budget.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Actually, Rollo is correct.

There are a lot of businesses leaving California because of high taxes. This is especially true of businesses that don't necessarily need to do business directly in person with Californians. (A mail order business is a good example of this.)

California has the highest sales tax and the 2nd highest income tax in the nation.

It has the highest gasoline tax in the nation.

Property tax is low overall in California, but only thanks to Proposition 13 (which disallows raising tax rates according to rising property values for existing homeowners), but Prop 13 is under constant assault by the left, and is already being circumvented in various ways. Property tax does not directly affect many businesses because they often rent space instead of own.

There are two really good things about California:

1) For the majority of the state's population ,the weather is the best of anywhere in the nation, by a wide margin.

2) The variety of terrain gives Californians relatively close access to the beach, the mountains, and the desert.

California's big downsides are the taxes and the cost of real estate.

It's sad to see so much talk of leaving California, when previous generations flocked there from other states, as if it were some kind of paradise. Now many of those same people are leaving for Oregon, Arizona, Nevada, and Colorado.

The illegal immigration situation alone is going to become an unmanageable problem for the state in the coming decades unless they do something to get a handle on it.
    The sales tax rate in Nevada is 8.1%. No state tax. No corporate tax. Property taxes are low because of massive foreclosures.

The statewide sales and use tax rate will increase one quarter of one percent (0.25%) from 7.25 percent to 7.50 percent on Jan. 1, 2013. This rate increase was approved by California voters when they approved Proposition 30 on Nov. 6, 2012.

Across California, the sales and use tax rate will range from 7.50 percent to 10.00 percent because in some cities and counties, voter-approved district taxes are added to the statewide base rate.

10.3% income tax for incomes $250K per year.
    13.3% income tax for incomes $1 million or more per year.

I bet Dan Druff offically lives in Nevada.

Load Metric

"CNSNews.com) -- California has a combined state and federal tax rate on capital gains of 33 percent, which is the second highest in the world, surpassing France, Finland, Ireland and Sweden, according to the Tax Foundation.

An analysis by the Tax Foundation examined the combined federal and state capital gains tax burden that affects individuals in each U.S. state, and compared them with capital gains rates in member countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD.)

After the House of Representatives passed Senate-approved legislation on Jan. 2, 2013 to avert the so-called fiscal cliff, the top tax rate on capital gains still rose from 15 to 20 percent. This placed the combined state and federal average at 27.0 percent, because capital gains income is subject to taxation at both the state and federal levels.

The combined state and federal long-term capital gains rate affecting those in California was higher than every other OECD country except Denmark.

The top capital gains tax rate in California at the state level is 13.3 percent, the highest in the nation (and the federal rate is 20 percent, for a total 33 percent capital gains tax). The top five states with the highest capital gains rates (federal and state combined) in the United States were California, New York, Oregon, New Jersey and Vermont, respectively. (The data focus on "long-term" capital gains, which are the returns received from assets held for more than one year.)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well yes illegal aliens are a problem in California but nothing compared to the public employee unions that ride roughshod over the taxpayer. Case in point as I ran an auto repair shop and used car lot in the state for over 21 years. In 2009 and a year into the recession my sales were drastically down. So the state franchise board decided I must be cheating on my sales reports and began an audit on me. Which successfully I fended off and beat with a months hard work and accountants.

During the audit I asked the woman conducting it about government state waste. She laughed and said. ''If you only knew the full extent of it you'd shoot me''. Not flinching an inch as she spoke. Not surprised a bit I was as I'd been watching the state decline for decades and seeing it begin in the early 70's as the California Teacher's Association took hold in the state. At that time the student test scores were the highest in the nation. And today among the lowest if not the lowest.

Shocked or not it's a fact that the average San Bernardino County fireman makes 147K a year plus benefits. And can retire out after 30 years or age 50 at 100% of their highest attained wages. Plus full medical. And who can become a fireman? Well it's a nepotistic society meaning your father or uncle Joe reviews your application. In the late 1990's the Ontario fire department had one opening for a fireman. 7000 people showed up for the job. Wonder here who was hired?

One year alone I lost 17% of my business customers who had had enough of state government ruining their lives and moved out of state.

Small business cannot exist in California and is a joke trying to. The state is eventually doomed to two classes. One a state elite, and the other a peon unable to pay majority. There is no hope as the time has passed and eventually the state will have to succeed and become a bankrupt third world nation.

Me? Yep out of that place and glad.

Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Holy shit. California lost 0.2% of its population? In only 500 more years, the state will be completely empty.

the absolute horror of 60 degrees in the middle of December.....at night. who can blame them. frankly i'd love it if a bunch of people left and freed up the highways, beaches, and sushi joints for the pot committed denizens of socal.

Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post
    Well yes illegal aliens are a problem in California but nothing compared to the public employee unions that ride roughshod over the taxpayer. Case in point as I ran an auto repair shop and used car lot in the state for over 21 years. In 2009 and a year into the recession my sales were drastically down. So the state franchise board decided I must be cheating on my sales reports and began an audit on me. Which successfully I fended off and beat with a months hard work and accountants.

During the audit I asked the woman conducting it about government state waste. She laughed and said. ''If you only knew the full extent of it you'd shoot me''. Not flinching an inch as she spoke. Not surprised a bit I was as I'd been watching the state decline for decades and seeing it begin in the early 70's as the California Teacher's Association took hold in the state. At that time the student test scores were the highest in the nation. And today among the lowest if not the lowest.

Shocked or not it's a fact that the average San Bernardino County fireman makes 147K a year plus benefits. And can retire out after 30 years or age 50 at 100% of their highest attained wages. Plus full medical. And who can become a fireman? Well it's a nepotistic society meaning your father or uncle Joe reviews your application. In the late 1990's the Ontario fire department had one opening for a fireman. 7000 people showed up for the job. Wonder here who was hired?

One year alone I lost 17% of my business customers who had had enough of state government ruining their lives and moved out of state.

Small business cannot exist in California and is a joke trying to. The state is eventually doomed to two classes. One a state elite, and the other a peon unable to pay majority. There is no hope as the time has passed and eventually the state will have to succeed and become a bankrupt third world nation.

Me? Yep out of that place and glad.

Zonies are the biggest problem in California. they come here and cant drive for crap and take up a ton of space and then basically act like uglier than usual russians.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

Thread Information