Thread: professional workplace dilemma

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

professional workplace dilemma

thought this would be an okay place to get some ideas

i'm sure a few of you have been in this position before. back against the wall, unrealistic demands, set up to fail, used as a scapegoat, the list goes on.

most of time the status quo and course of action is just look for another job, get fired or leave the company.

thing is, 6 figure salaries aren't as easy to get as they once were. and why the fuck should i get muscled out of my job because of one dickwad manager.

sad to say it. but people are not appreciated nearly as much in the workplace as they once were. just as we now have disposable tools, we have disposable people when it come to big business and the workplace. i'm no fucking yes man. and the mr. niceguy approach doesn't work in any phase of my life. it prolly only works unless you're a teacher or your girlfiends faggot friend that she can talk to. i'm neither.

here's the thing. i don't want to go over this persons head. that will only be my undoing. i've heard druff speak as if he never wants anything to do w/ a professional workplace anymore. i'm sure quite a bit of this is because of the lack of power you have to the workplace, no matter how smart you are. plus, the amount of stress and bs isn't worth even as much as you're making, which is quite a bit....but i'm not moving on, or being forced out w/o bringing this fucker down with me. whether it's filing formal complaints w/ HR. going to his boss and above to voice them as well.......

(more to follow).....professional thoughts? evil plans on revenge?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    evil plans on revenge?
    Buy some meth. Plant said meth in dickhead managers car. Call cops with anonymous tip while he's at work. Regardless of the legal outcome no company that I've ever worked for would allow him to keep the job after drugs were found in his vehicle on company property.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    thought this would be an okay place to get some ideas

i'm sure a few of you have been in this position before. back against the wall, unrealistic demands, set up to fail, used as a scapegoat, the list goes on.

most of time the status quo and course of action is just look for another job, get fired or leave the company.

thing is, 6 figure salaries aren't as easy to get as they once were. and why the fuck should i get muscled out of my job because of one dickwad manager.

sad to say it. but people are not appreciated nearly as much in the workplace as they once were. just as we now have disposable tools, we have disposable people when it come to big business and the workplace. i'm no fucking yes man. and the mr. niceguy approach doesn't work in any phase of my life. it prolly only works unless you're a teacher or your girlfiends faggot friend that she can talk to. i'm neither.

here's the thing. i don't want to go over this persons head. that will only be my undoing. i've heard druff speak as if he never wants anything to do w/ a professional workplace anymore. i'm sure quite a bit of this is because of the lack of power you have to the workplace, no matter how smart you are. plus, the amount of stress and bs isn't worth even as much as you're making, which is quite a bit....but i'm not moving on, or being forced out w/o bringing this fucker down with me. whether it's filing formal complaints w/ HR. going to his boss and above to voice them as well.......

(more to follow).....professional thoughts? evil plans on revenge?
    OSHA?
    Lawsuit?

If it doesn't trespass into those areas then i'd say just out the fucker at the worst possible time in front of everyone that needs to hear it. If the fix is in then you have nothing to lose because you are toast anyway. Light his ass up at the christmas party in front of the boss, make it like a slip of the tongue. Is an easy mark, sfo.

Load Metric
    You gave us nothing to work with. What industry, what type of job, how big a company, where you are in the compnay, ... If you want advice, you'll want to give us at least a general idea of what the fuck we're dealing with here.

Need more info but I would call for a meeting with the big brass and let them know in front of dickwad manager that you are not happy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    You gave us nothing to work with. What industry, what type of job, how big a company, where you are in the compnay, ... If you want advice, you'll want to give us at least a general idea of what the fuck we're dealing with here.
    Name:  This.gif
Views: 594
Size:  323.5 KB

Also, WTF is this guy doing? Being a dickwad is pretty general. If you fuck with him you better make sure he doesn't have any case with your performance. I've let pride get in my way before & although, in the end, everything worked out better because I got fired, it very easily could have been a disaster for me professionally.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'm pretty good at elaborate revenge plots, but you really skimped on the details man.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    How do we know that you're not an empty suit douche yourself?

We need details man, tits or GTFO.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is some shit to consider:

1) Do you have anyone over his head that likes you and believes in you? Because, if not, he is more likely to be believed than you.

2) Do you have any direct evidence that he isn't doing his job properly and/or is mistreating you? If it's just subjective complaints, they won't really be very effective.

3) Are you willing to take the chance that you might get fired? If you go over his head, you increase this chance, but you also increase the chance that you will get something changed.

It is not likely that things will change without you either quitting, getting fired, or going over his head. When a manager doesn't like you, it usually stays that way.

Load Metric
    You really didn't give us enough to work with. Back against the wall, set up to fail, and unrealistic expectations make your departure seem almost imminent. You obviously need to change the power dynamic in a proactive manner somehow. Without any details, it's hard to say anything specific other than it sounds as if you need to act boldly. You have to out think those who are setting you up to fail, and cut them off in some manner before they can lay it at your feet. You make it sound like it's only a matter of time, and if you must go down, better to go down swinging. Sometimes you close your eyes and hit a homerun when you swing hard. Enough cliched fortune cookie talk, give us some details.

Load Metric
    Six figures / unhappy / seeking advice from here?

The person you report to either wants you to perform better because of the hassle of replacing you, or is looking for a way to get rid of you. Option three which is "they are an idiot" - is not an option. Chain of command brother.

Assuming you want to keep the job, and assuming you think the person wants to keep you, then the only advice that you should consider is the most simple and most obvious - talk to the person you report to and explain your situation and try to make things better.

Assuming you want to keep the job, and assuming you think the person wants to get rid of you, you should suck it up girlfriend and try to at least marginally but certainly noticeably improve your performance so that it is harder to get rid of you. That may or may not help - but it is worth trying. The person that wants to get rid of you will be no help to you, nor will anybody else.

Assuming you want to leave, and assuming you have at least 5 years, then get your resume fired up and go through head-hunters for discretion and get on with it. If you have under two years, and your previous position was under two years, you start looking like a chronic pain in the ass - and you don't want that. So if you are in this situation (<2 years twice in a row) - you need to hang out to at least 5 years so better start learning how to blow your boss - because that is your best move - assuming you like doing the type of work you do, and also assuming you are only moderately good at it. I assume the last because people that are good at their job aren't often complaining about their bosses.

Thread Information