Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Most Boring Form of Football

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The Most Boring Form of Football

And I have to add Baseball into the equation because as the Detroit Tigers were putting me to sleep, watching them digest their mid day meal at the plate, I tuned into U.S. College football, the mighty Notre Dame Titfuckers vs. the Oklahoma Bombers. OMG what a fantastic bore. Run for two, pass for three, run for two, kick. Absolutey and completely the most boring form of football.

I get why people watch, because they went there, whooooo hooooo. Otherwise the most boring form of football on the planet.

It's just awful, you're watching athletes who have no business in College. Period. It's a farce. Sizzle, no steak.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    And I have to add Baseball into the equation because as the Detroit Tigers were putting me to sleep, watching them digest their mid day meal at the plate, I tuned into U.S. College football, the mighty Notre Dame Titfuckers vs. the Oklahoma Bombers. OMG what a fantastic bore. Run for two, pass for three, run for two, kick. Absolutey and completely the most boring form of football.

I get why people watch, because they went there, whooooo hooooo. Otherwise the most boring form of football on the planet.

It's just awful, you're watching athletes who have no business in College. Period. It's a farce. Sizzle, no steak.
    Nice clarification with the "U.S." I doubt anyone would have guessed what country the universities of Notre Dame and Oklahoma resided in.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Nice clarification with the "U.S." I doubt anyone would have guessed what country the universities of Notre Dame and Oklahoma resided in.
    Great point . You should apply to Harvard. When it comes to football there are many forms. Original, is English/European football. Other forms of such are Rugby, and North American Soccer. Then there's American and Canadian Football....Canadian Football celebrating it's 100th anniversary this year. Canadian football different from 4 down boresville crap, so go suck a tit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

i concur. i loathe the tigers. this team has no personality or charisma.....

Load Metric
    Druff, I thought you restricted this Canadian douche from starting new threads?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

wat

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

wat
    Optimus Prime is going to own Megatron's face tomorrow bro.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

wat

Someone get BEERANDPOKERPOKER.CO.JIZ.UK IN HERE, TONY NEEDS TO KNOW HOW I FEEL WHEN PEOPLE SAY MEGATRON.

Load Metric

Someone get BEERANDPOKERPOKER.CO.JIZ.UK IN HERE, TONY NEEDS TO KNOW HOW I FEEL WHEN PEOPLE SAY MEGATRON.
    megatron
    megatron
    megatron
    megatron
    megatron
    megatron
    megatronmegatronmegatron
    megatron
    megatron
    megatron
    megatron
    megatron
    megatron
    megatron

Banned
    Load Metric

Name:  phelps.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  118.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Great point . You should apply to Harvard. When it comes to football there are many forms. Original, is English/European football. Other forms of such are Rugby, and North American Soccer. Then there's American and Canadian Football....Canadian Football celebrating it's 100th anniversary this year. Canadian football different from 4 down boresville crap, so go suck a tit.
    Oh yes Canadian Football is soo much different lets see 110yd field vs 100, 12 players vs 11, and only 3 downs vs 4 and oh yeah the NFL rejects end up coming north of the border to play because they are so bad even shit teams like the Browns wont sign them, so they go play for the Hamilton Tigercats or the Argos. Yep.. Canadian Football is different because its borderline minor league football. I suspect some Semi-Pro American teams could kick the ass of 1/2 the CFL teams if given the chance. When the most celebrated player in CFL history was a Boston College QB who was too short with elevator shoes like Doug Flutie to make a dent in the NFL you know you got problems with your league.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    When the most celebrated player in CFL history was a Boston College QB who was too short with elevator shoes like Doug Flutie to make a dent in the NFL you know you got problems with your league.
    wat

Name:  warren-moon.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  19.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ftp you're ignorant about this subject. that's not bad it's just ignorant. Bigger field, length wise and width wise, add in two downs instead of three and add in a moving receiver core before the snap, all calls for a more aggressive game. Scores are higher, more games come down to the last play etc. etc.. How many "star" collegiate athletes make it to the NFL, I think it's less than 10 per cent. That 10 per cent excluded include people such as Warren Moon, Doug and Darren Flutie and literally countless of others

The Canadian game is more aggressive, actually more fun to watch because of the lead changes.....American football can be every bit as good but more often than not we see dogs.

Jeff Garcia, Brandon Browner

Warren Moon, 5 Grey Cups, 5 in a row if I'm not mistaken......that's Gretzky like stuff

Also with Edmonton and also Oilers in the picture
    Last edited by limitles; 10-27-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    100 Years Canadian Football

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The point is, the players you jump out of your seat for in college are still star athletes.......not every quarterback is 6'3 and sits in the pocket but that is not the entire game, especially when you add in the bigger field and the moving receivers.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    When the most celebrated player in CFL history was a Boston College QB who was too short with elevator shoes like Doug Flutie to make a dent in the NFL you know you got problems with your league.
    wat

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

wat

Don't even get me started.
    It depends where you want to start?

Banned
    Load Metric

Don't even get me started.
    Good job catching my ninja edit.

I just don't feel like gushing about how awesome Warren Moon is, as I tend to do sometimes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Good job catching my ninja edit.

I just don't feel like gushing about how awesome Warren Moon is, as I tend to do sometimes.
    He's one of the very best.....so overlooked in all time greatness but no one has done what he has done in the CFL......period....then you take that into the NFL and just continue?

Wow, it show's you what progressive results can provide........bring your star up slowly but surely and the results are usually better than dropping a phenom into the battle a.s.a.p.

Load Metric
    For all that haven't seen a CFL game you are missing out. Very few games are over until the last couple minutes. There are crazy finishes every week.

You can't really compare it to the NFL because as les pointed out the field is significantly bigger, there's an extra player on each side, & there is unlimited motion for the receivers & the offence in general. Almost every rule is in favor of the offence. On top of that you don't have 400 pound linemen who can't run. Most of the players are of normal size(at least not freakishly large) & can run like the wind. It's just a faster game overall due to the rules & the athleticism of the players.

To top it all off, the CFL players don't make tons of money & are playing to further themselves(get to the NFL where they can make obscene money) & for the love of the game. You can tell these players are having fun & with the carrot of perhaps moving up & making boatlaods of NFL money, put in a great effort which leads to an entertaining brand of football.

I'm not saying it's better than the NFL, because that can be very entertaining, but it's just a different game that you shouldn't discount as some lower level, inferior minor league until you see a few games. It's generally very entertaining so you should give it a chance.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information