Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8

Load Metric

Windows 8

Has anyone had the chance to use Windows 8? We have just started deploying this on a select few of our work machines. I have had about two weeks to mess around with it, and i have to say i like it alot. Anyone?

Silver
    Load Metric
    I CANNOT AFFORD.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I think its ok have been using it for a while, obv made for touchscreens, I think people that have a hard time with computers will a a harder time with Win8.
    Also DonkDown looks like shit with Windows 8 anybody else notice that? have to like scroll down an entire page to see the threads.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Also DonkDown looks like shit

Load Metric
    http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

swear to fuck you will thank me later. free, stable, access to 36k application packages free and a mouse click away, with Wine you can run most windows programs etc. And I installed mint a couple months back after running backbox for a year and I can honestly say neither distro ever gets slower or has really ANY problems whatsoever. Out of the box, in the live environment the drivers for wifi auto-config perfectly, I pop in dvd system boots I am online instantly or moving files whatever.

point is fuck windows, why PAY MONEY for something at best merely and equal and at worst, well....windows.

cinnamon looks nice and is more polished and slightly more robust, probanbly more what you are looking for.

Load Metric
    anyone d/l a torrent of this? with numerous versions out there was wondering which one to go for that is fully functioning/not full of viruses etc. is it worth the upgrade from w7?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    I CANNOT AFFORD.
    How broke are you dude. This is the cheapest upgrade out ever from Microsoft.. $66 and change at Sams. $69 at other locales

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I got a free upgrade of it coming I guess I should look into it I just am looking to hear more feedback before installing it like a boss.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

swear to fuck you will thank me later. free, stable, access to 36k application packages free and a mouse click away, with Wine you can run most windows programs etc. And I installed mint a couple months back after running backbox for a year and I can honestly say neither distro ever gets slower or has really ANY problems whatsoever. Out of the box, in the live environment the drivers for wifi auto-config perfectly, I pop in dvd system boots I am online instantly or moving files whatever.

point is fuck windows, why PAY MONEY for something at best merely and equal and at worst, well....windows.

cinnamon looks nice and is more polished and slightly more robust, probanbly more what you are looking for.
    OK WISE GUY ... how the fuck do i play on all my poker sites ...

How bout Holdem manager, (like Dr phil would say:How that working out for you.)

STFU

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    I CANNOT AFFORD.
    How broke are you dude. This is the cheapest upgrade out ever from Microsoft.. $66 and change at Sams. $69 at other locales
    40$ is you just download it ...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiddishdonk View Post

OK WISE GUY ... how the fuck do i play on all my poker sites ...

How bout Holdem manager, (like Dr phil would say:How that working out for you.)

STFU
    Braj it's called WINE, it allows you to run windows programs on linux.

I can play any poker skin or whatever I like, easily.

What's your problem?

Load Metric
    Pretty sure you guys can dl Win8 for free on digital river, I don't know how but here is a site which accesses digital river for win7 iso's, I am sure someone bright enough can figure out how to find the win8 iso's, download the iso, contact microsoft and pay a nominal fee (like $12 maybe higher) for a product key and you are golden.

Also the site I linked has ISO's for win7 of all flavors, it's where I go when I need to do a format for someone without a disk. All work perfectly, and are guaranteed virus/trojan free.

Hope that helps someone.

Load Metric
    Got my pre ordered new laptop with it on the 26th...Unreal terrible...So bad I want it removed. Windows 8 defective!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
    Got my pre ordered new laptop with it on the 26th...Unreal terrible...So bad I want it removed. Windows 8 defective!
    I thought it was pretty terrible myself. Super slow, horrible.

Ditch that shit for Linux Ryland, grab Linux Mint either Maya or Cinnamon and you will never regret it I promise.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=408Mike;101112]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiddishdonk View Post

What's your problem?
    Are you jewish?

How bout holdem manager ...

NIGGA PLEASE YOU IANT NO JEW O MINE

Load Metric

how exactly is it terrible? just wondering

Load Metric
    Three things that will make it a better user experience.

1. Bottom left has start menu, hover top left or bottom left and then move mouse down or up depending on what corner you started and it will show all your open programs.

2. If you are in the metro environment you can just type what you need (so if you need the calculator just start typing calculator), you can also search for apps this way (just type Netflix and then click Apps and you will search the store)

3. Learn keyboard shortcuts and gestures, it will make your life a million times easier.

First couple days I hated it, now I am starting to love it. It really is like learning to use a computer all over again.

Ninja Edit: Type to search is the most important feature, if you want to change your screen saver, type screen saver and click settings. If you want to change your lock screen photo? Type lock screen and click settings. Once you realize you can just type the word of whatever you are looking for and it is just there and it works it improves the user experience a million times over.

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Yiddishdonk;101174]

Are you jewish?

How bout holdem manager ...

NIGGA PLEASE YOU IANT NO JEW O MINE
    Would someone more Jewish than me please decipher this for me?

Best,

408Goyim

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

For online poker players it is especially a mess.

1. It is not user friendly at ALL and the learning curve was even weird for me.
    2. The Metro interface/store requires you to sign up to have a windows ID...I did this and received an error message...Well I googled the error message and learned millions of people are in the same boat as me and aren't even able to access and use the store or anything on metro and the only fix is to re install it multiple times until it works...lol fuck that
    3. Ok now the BIG one...While playing online poker metro will randomly pop up over everything and you then have to navigate through 3 pages/3 clicks to get back to the desktop...This happens a few times per session. I imagine it has to do with some weird mouse pad maneuver that does it on my laptop but it could very well be just faulty.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

For online poker players it is especially a mess.

1. It is not user friendly at ALL and the learning curve was even weird for me.
    2. The Metro interface/store requires you to sign up to have a windows ID...I did this and received an error message...Well I googled the error message and learned millions of people are in the same boat as me and aren't even able to access and use the store or anything on metro and the only fix is to re install it multiple times until it works...lol fuck that
    3. Ok now the BIG one...While playing online poker metro will randomly pop up over everything and you then have to navigate through 3 pages/3 clicks to get back to the desktop...This happens a few times per session. I imagine it has to do with some weird mouse pad maneuver that does it on my laptop but it could very well be just faulty.
    god/thread

Thread Information