Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Chinamaniac

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Was that somehow in doubt?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    lol.......... only one not in agreement with that was china and broncofan....its ok though everyone has faults

save for his manlove of tebow...

china =god

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I heard this on the radio earlier and text in to RIP the host cause he was babbling. If anything he could be the most overhyped player because he is lightning rod because he is so talked about but I don't see who is "overrating" him.

If anything Tebow is the most UNDERRATED player.

He is what he is- Winning record as a starter last season, paced out for 30 TDS over a full season. Got a playoff win vs the #1 ranked defense and is GOD and now is a backup QB.

Can't remember the last time a backup DOMINATED that hard early in their career and didn't get a starting gig.

But it is what it is.

Lord Tebow will rise again

Banned
    Load Metric
    You can't be overrated when most people think you're a terrible QB.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    You can't be overrated when most people think you're a terrible QB.
    exactly

and when people think you are terrible and you dominate then if anything you are under appreciated/underrated

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Can't remember the last time a backup DOMINATED that hard early in their career and didn't get a starting gig.
    I can't remember a QB with a 46.5% completion percentage ever getting a starting gig. He was 34th in the league last year- literally the bottom of the list.

Sanchez's this year is 53.2%.

Load Metric
    Tebow should go play arena football. He would still probably be a backup though.
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Vince Young went on a very similar run several years ago. He was promoted to starter while the Titans were in a deep W/L hole, miraculously strung together a bunch of wins, and took his team to the playoffs while putting up embarrassingly atrocious stats as a QB. A lot of people in Houston (who were still butthurt over the Texans passing on him in the draft) had that same irrational faith in him that some people have in Tebow. They'd say ridiculous things like "He's a born leader!" and "I don't care what the box score says, all he does is WIN!". As if he had some magical ability to make his defense perform better, or had telekinetic control over lucky bounces.

Eventually his luck ran out and reality sunk in. Last I heard, he failed to make Buffalo's roster as a 3rd stringer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    I can't remember a QB with a 46.5% completion percentage ever getting a starting gig. He was 34th in the league last year- literally the bottom of the list.

Well I can't either Barry but he did have a 12-6 TD int ratio which is 2-1 and rushed for 660 yards and 6 TD

Completion % is overrated when you can do other things like not turn the ball over and can make plays with your feet.

FWIW Mike Vicks rookie year he was @ 44 %, takes time for some guys to perfect their craft
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 10-25-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Load Metric
    Hard to be overrated when you get to play for 2 or 3 downs the entire game. LOL @ sticking with Sanchez. Season is over with him. Give Tebow a shot and see if he can do something. He's done it before.

Also funny how people throw out meaningless stats when Tebow excels in the only stat that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Hard to be overrated when you get to play for 2 or 3 downs the entire game. LOL @ sticking with Sanchez. Season is over with him. Give Tebow a shot and see if he can do something. He's done it before.

Also funny how people throw out meaningless stats when Tebow excels in the only stat that matters.
    LOL fanboy.

Load Metric
    I think a lot of people are missing the important part of the SI poll:

Sports Illustrated asked 180 NFL players to name the most overrated player in the league.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...#ixzz2AMnkyGIu
    They polled the only people qualified to say if a player is overrated or underrated..... the players themselves.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

LOL fanboy.
    Would just be nice for the NFL to decide once and for all if he can play or not. No more of this maybe shit. He either succeeds or he fails. Then everyone can stop talking about him. Been years now and people still debate this fucking guy.
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric

Well I can't either Barry but he did have a 12-6 TD int ratio which is 2-1 and rushed for 660 yards and 6 TD

Completion % is overrated when you can do other things like not turn the ball over and can make plays with your feet.

FWIW Mike Vicks rookie year he was @ 44 %, takes time for some guys to perfect their craft
    And everyone said that Vick would never be a really good QB until he got that percentage up. His last 3 years have been 62.6%, 59.8%, and 58.9%.

Tebow does turn the ball over. In 2011, Tebow put the ball on the ground 13 times, and they lost 6 of those. He fumbled once per game. Tom Brady had 6 fumbles, 2 lost. Aaron Rodgers had 4 fumbles and lost none. Drew Brees fumbled once all season.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

And everyone said that Vick would never be a really good QB until he got that percentage up. His last 3 years have been 62.6%, 59.8%, and 58.9%.

Tebow does turn the ball over. In 2011, Tebow put the ball on the ground 13 times, and they lost 6 of those. He fumbled once per game. Tom Brady had 6 fumbles, 2 lost. Aaron Rodgers had 4 fumbles and lost none. Drew Brees fumbled once all season.
    And Vick made the NFC championship game when his completion % was low.

Ok so he had 6 FL , 21 tds and 12 turnovers for the season. Very good for a guy who played 2/3 of the season and was 3rd on the depth chart and never had an offseason as the #1 qb and 2 O coordinators in 2 years

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

And Vick made the NFC championship game when his completion % was low.

Ok so he had 6 FL , 21 tds and 12 turnovers for the season. Very good for a guy who played 2/3 of the season and was 3rd on the depth chart and never had an offseason as the #1 qb and 2 O coordinators in 2 years
    And those TD to turnover ratios are better than BOTH Brees and Brady in their first seasons. Rodgers I will leave out of this because he was a 3 or 4 year vet backup by the time he started

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

LOL fanboy.
    Would just be nice for the NFL to decide once and for all if he can play or not. No more of this maybe shit. He either succeeds or he fails. Then everyone can stop talking about him. Been years now and people still debate this fucking guy.
    The problem is, even if he fails, Tebow fans will never admit it and they definitely won't shut the fuck up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

The problem is, even if he fails, Tebow fans will never admit it and they definitely won't shut the fuck up.
    That's because he has had enough success as a starting QB that they are still able to make logical and even sometimes convincing arguments about the guy. If he was given a shot and failed, he would still have nuthuggers, but people on the fence would be convinced he can't hack it. That's a lot of people.

Load Metric
    Tebow (and the perception of him) blows the whole idea of overrated/underrated into the sky.

So the players poll says he's by far the most overrated. Then some knowledgeable writers/fans say "well we know he sucks, but look what he did in this really small sample size!" So maybe underrated. But then, remember he was a 1st round pick! He then comes in last season, and due to A LOT of good luck, turns a teams season around and even wins a playoff game. After all that, he still had no trade value. Teams like JAX, ARZ, or KC could have got him cheap, but instead he's dealt to NYJ to be a backup. So back to overrated.

The guy seems to be well-liked, and a hard worker. That should ensure a decently long playing career. David Carr is a "bust" who has made millions over the past 10 years, and now has 2 super bowl rings. Maybe as Tebow progresses in his career, he'll luckbox his way unto a really good team as a starter and win something (ala Dilfer/Ravens 2000, or Brad Johnson/Bucs in 2002). Most likely, he'll be a career backup/starter for some shitty teams.
    Last edited by gut; 10-25-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Thread Information