Thread: Sour beer in Ohio?

Load Metric

Sour beer in Ohio?

During my last trip to Vegas epistate turned me on to sour beers. I've only been able to find one that's sold near me, Monk's Café Flemish Sour Ale. I really like it but would like to see if there are any other sours sold in my area (northeast, Ohio).

Anyone have any sour beer suggestions?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Cuvee de jacobins. Awesome beer that is pretty accessible and plenty tart. Should be around $5 ish a bottle. I might grab a couple tonight.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    Cuvee de jacobins. Awesome beer that is pretty accessible and plenty tart. Should be around $5 ish a bottle. I might grab a couple tonight.
    The nearest store to me that sells it is 330 miles away.

Not real close to ya but they have a few at the brewery in Maumee south of Toledo

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    During my last trip to Vegas epistate turned me on to sour beers. I've only been able to find one that's sold near me, Monk's Café Flemish Sour Ale. I really like it but would like to see if there are any other sours sold in my area (northeast, Ohio).

Anyone have any sour beer suggestions?
    Is there a good, relatively high end liquor store near you? Talk to the manager and ask if he'll order some for you. I asked a guy to get a somewhat obscure Belgian beer for me, and it turned out to be a pretty good seller for him.

Load Metric
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...710998954.html

Five sour beers to seek out:

Russian River Beatification, 5.5% ABV
    Russian River's "sonambic" is aggressively sour, exploding with grapefruit rind and finishing with a minerally, peppercorn-inflected bite.

New Belgium Tart Lychee, 8.5% ABV
    From the Colorado brewery that introduced Americans to Belgian beer 21 years ago, a new take on an old style: French-oak-aged sour beer mellowed with a kiss of sweet, nutty litchi and earthy cinnamon.

Jolly Pumpkin La Roja, 7.2% ABV
    Deep, dark and dirty, Michigan-made La Roja is earthy and moist, illuminated by sparkling shafts of lemon, cherry and sour plum.

Rodenbach Grand Cru, 6% ABV
    This classic example of the Flemish take on sour beer (typically darker and fruitier than lambics) is rich and warming, like chocolate-covered cherries, with the sweet-and-sour, balsamic vinegar kick of acetic acid.

Allagash Resurgam, 6.6% ABV
    Allagash blends one-, two- and three-year-old batches from its backwoods koelschip into this spectacular beer: bright and zesty, impossibly fresh-tasting, with wisps of flowers and earth, and a hint of strawberry shortcake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Is there a good, relatively high end liquor store near you? Talk to the manager and ask if he'll order some for you. I asked a guy to get a somewhat obscure Belgian beer for me, and it turned out to be a pretty good seller for him.
    Yeah. It's actually a hole in the wall, family grocery. That's where I found the Monk's. He's going to order some others. I requested the one from Italy. He just had no clue how long it would take.

Thread Information