Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrendous new poker "reality" show starring Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan, and a bunch of young douchebags

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Horrendous new poker "reality" show starring Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan, and a bunch of young douchebags

This is really, really bad.

One question: Does anyone recognize any of these young "pros", or are they all actors? The poker scene involving the "genius" with AK high was incredibly fake and staged.

Load Metric
    You really need to read the site more...
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...Travel-Channel
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    I like his house.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah, it's so fake that one of the producers (the Asian "genius" Jay) cast himself into one of the roles.

Here are this guy's overwhelming stats:

http://www.pokerpages.com/player-pro...y-ishimaru.htm

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    You really need to read the site more...
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...Travel-Channel
    I missed that thread, admittedly.

However, this is so awful that I feel it deserves its own thread anyway.

Load Metric
    I could have gone my whole day without knowing this show existed, but you had to go and ruin that. Thanks a lot asshole.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They also filled the YouTube with shill comments like this:

Wow such a great video...I am so excited about this show. I see a great future for this production and what a great way to show the general public a look in the many different styles and lives of the professional poker player !!! Jay you did a great job and you are very brilliant and talented !!!

Judi Truesdale 21 hours ago
    However, people on 2+2 called them out on it, the REAL comments were all negative, and suddenly all comments were deleted and disabled.

What a fucking fail.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    They also filled the YouTube with shill comments like this:

Wow such a great video...I am so excited about this show. I see a great future for this production and what a great way to show the general public a look in the many different styles and lives of the professional poker player !!! Jay you did a great job and you are very brilliant and talented !!!

Judi Truesdale 21 hours ago
    However, people on 2+2 called them out on it, the REAL comments were all negative, and suddenly all comments were deleted and disabled.

What a fucking fail.
    I'll be damned if I sit here while you tarnish the good name of legitimate commenter Judi Truesdale
    TRUMP 2024!

Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, it seems likely that the person who first posted it to 2+2 was one of the producers, as a brand new account was registered just to post that, and that poster had no negative things to say about it.

Load Metric
    Also, it seems likely that the person who first posted it to 2+2 was one of the producers, as a brand new account was registered just to post that, and that poster had no negative things to say about it.
    They still have time to spin this as a parody.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is talonchick's opinion, who believes this show is good for poker, displaying it as fun and lighthearted.

http://talonchick.com/the-reality-of-poker-shows/

I disagree, for obvious reasons.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Doyle is getting senile, and was apparently talked into this without bothering to ask what this was all about.

Or so he says.

Doyle Brunson ‏@TexDolly

@MattGlantz @Adzizzy I have no clue about this show. Chan asked me, we are friends so I said ok. I didn't even know what the taping was for

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...s-real-587841/

Here's an interview with the producer of the show.

This is being "pitched to the networks".

I think it's pretty clear we'll never see it on TV.

Load Metric
    http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...s-real-587841/

Here's an interview with the producer of the show.

This is being "pitched to the networks".

I think it's pretty clear we'll never see it on TV.
    At least we'll always have that youtube video.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    maybe if you stop hating and start whoring you can be chan's in stable. who doesn't want a fat man in skinny fashion shirts as a mentor. imagine what you can obtain from doing this.

maybe micon can make it on the show..

Load Metric
    They use music in the opening from Epic Meal Time, which is originally from a Video Copilot soundtrack pack.

Load Metric
    Wtf did I just watch? That is horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    People thought the Jersey Shore was so bad and gonna get cancelled, however it spun 2 spinoff shows and its on its 6th? season?

I love the fact that Chan has been in the US for 20 years and still cant put together a sentence without errors. Keep smelling that orange.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So, is Johnny Chan a positive ambassador for poker now? I have talked around the tables with a lot of guys who have played with him and no one has ever had anything positive to say about him, other than he is a good player.

He is pretty much the definition of the biggest asshole at the table from what I have heard.

One little anecdote, he is the reason why a lot of cardrooms have rules in place you can only change the decks once an hour, cause he would demand a deck change EVERY time he lost a hand.

Also, what is the big deal with a dumb, fake poker show? All TV shows are dumb and fake anyways, no matter what they are about. You don't see doctor's going out en mass and hating on all the fake medical shows. Why are poker players such haters?

Also, only watched the first minute of the video, but I have to say that was a pretty great ass, especially for an Asian chick. (I am reserving judgement on the tits till I can verify their authenticity. Too much fake tits on Asian chicks for me to believe anything until I have seen them in motion. However, the ass gives me hope as these things tend to run together)
    Last edited by ErickAA; 10-25-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Load Metric
    So, is Johnny Chan a positive ambassador for poker now? I have talked around the tables with a lot of guys who have played with him and no one has ever had anything positive to say about him, other than he is a good player.

He is pretty much the definition of the biggest asshole at the table from what I have heard.

One little anecdote, he is the reason why a lot of cardrooms have rules in place you can only change the decks once an hour, cause he would demand a deck change EVERY time he lost a hand.

Also, what is the big deal with a dumb, fake poker show? All TV shows are dumb and fake anyways, no matter what they are about. You don't see doctor's going out en mass and hating on all the fake medical shows. Why are poker players such haters?

Also, only watched the first minute of the video, but I have to say that was a pretty great ass, especially for an Asian chick. (I am reserving judgement on the tits till I can verify their authenticity. Too much fake tits on Asian chicks for me to believe anything until I have seen them in motion. However, the ass gives me hope as these things tend to run together)
    I watched this video after listening to the radio show. Chick was not busted imo and actually did have a nice body. Video wasn't completely rediculous.

Thread Information