Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Text cell phones by e-mail

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    lousy faggot Todd has prevented me from starting threads......eat shit asshole

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A guy who is down on his luck, who has had his long term gf jump ship and still awaiting biopsy results you ban from starting threads? Nice

btw ALSO A GUY WHO HAS BEEN ON YOUR SIDE FROM DAY ONE AND HaS SAID SO PUBLICLY MORE THAN A FEW TIMES

Comments

rum dick: loyal rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

Well, for starters you might be lazy like me, and capable of spending hours staring at 3 posts on the internet, and maybe your phone is downstairs and it's a fucking hot. Point is, you need to contact someone via text, you don't have a cell phone, now you can text.

I also know quite a few people (like a dozen) who are anti-technology, they don't have cell phones they use landlines and answering machines, bare bones computers etc. Even they can text me, thanks to this snazzy trick.

Honestly it's fucking cool email texting I mean, pretty sure there is some way to get around having to pony over $20 a month for whatever texting plan is common these days.

No azz, my mother does not pay my cell phone bill. I do, or no one does, stop hypothesizing that which you have no idea and shouldn't think about anyway.
    But wouldn't you need to go and get your phone to see their reply?
    No, the recipient can surely email you or skype or something. I have been using it because it's convenient as hell, my gmail is a click away and most of my contacts are one letter away, say I want to text Derek I open a new tab in chrome, click gmail, hit compose, hit the letter D and type sooper fast and submit back to doing whatever online. I can send text messages in less than 15 seconds without getting up from my chair or whatever.

If you don't have use for it no worries, I didn't invent the darn thing just thought some would find it useful. I have a half dozen friends who all use that password strength thing I linked on the regular and they are all appreciative as they can create passwords that aren't weak yet they can still remember. Not everyone is on yours or mine level you know.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    US Cellphones

The major US cellular carriers use the 10_digit_number@cell.carrier_domain.com format for SMS to text capable cell phones, with a limit of 160 characters in the subject and message body (total).

Carrier Send Email to phonenumber@....
    Alltel @message.alltel.com
    AT&T @txt.att.net
    Nextel @messaging.nextel.com
    Sprint @messaging.sprintpcs.com
    SunCom @tms.suncom.com
    T-mobile @tmomail.net
    VoiceStream @voicestream.net
    Verizon @vtext.com (text only)
    Verizon @vzwpix.com (pictures and videos)

YOU CAN EMAIL TEXTS BRO

Handy as heck when you have to reach someone by text without a cell phone.
    Have you tried this yet to see if it works?
    All the time, for more obscure carriers (let metro pcs) I use http://www.onlinetextmessage.com/ free and super fast, no bs. I like it, not the most earth shattering piece of info but it's got it's moments and I know hardly anyone who was aware you could do this until I told them.

Load Metric
    Druff how did I end up with my own thread here? I am having a hard time figuring out if you are saying

Stop getting off topic in general, this is a wakeup call

Stop derailing threads by responding to trolls

This novel concept of emailing text messages warranted it's own thread

Gotta be one of the three and I freely admit, I have realized I myself ruin a shit load of threads on this forum and I apologize. I tend to feel like I am defending my family name ffs whenever the same old trolls come after me, it didn't occur to me ignoring the bastards is actually rather easy and doesn't piss everyone off. I kept holding azz muck etc responsible and kept hitting reply, but this splinter thread you created, for whatever reason, just made something click upstairs.

Will be watching myself from now on, my bad.

Load Metric
    Or you could just use Google Voice...

Seriously, as somebody who has never had a smart phone, and often goes months at a time without a cell phone, Google Voice is the nuts.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    lousy faggot Todd has prevented me from starting threads......eat shit asshole
    Quoting for posterity.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Or you could just use Google Voice...

Seriously, as somebody who has never had a smart phone, and often goes months at a time without a cell phone, Google Voice is the nuts.
    I was messing around with that earlier. The gist as I understand it is that you either need a valid carrier to piggy back off of (seems redundant) or you tether the google voice # to a VOIP service of some kind and use the internet connection to make the phone calls. Do I have that right?

A buddy with metro pcs who hasn't paid his bill begged me to get his android phone capable of making free calls, I gave it a few and couldn't find a VOIP service which is free and also taking on new members sadly. I also tried getting an IPOd (the new ones, 16g) to make VOIP calls with a headset and coulnd't finagle that to work either. Thoughts? And in all honesty if you don't want to bother no worries, I'll figure it out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

Bobby Wong as my witness I have my timeline on point. If I fuck anything up, surely he will notice, and he loves to call people out on bullshit, especially me.

I put the blame on no one, notice I said I am a shitty judge of character, and quite frankly when a longtime (7 years) friend scams rent, followed by a 2 year friend scamming rent, and then a bumbling retard squandering his, followed by a meth addict stealing my shoes who I'd known for 5 years, and then the moron who flooded the apartment, I'd say I'm not blaming anything but luck at this point. That's by and large shitty shitty luck, and I'm not complaining about it, just humoring you temporarily. You wanted my life's timeline there you have it, and the only thing I got wrong was not making enough money to save for a rainy day.
    You blamed everyone but yourself again. It's your own fault. Nobody else's.
    He doesnt get it, so dont waste your time. If he already understood what your trying to make him realize then hed already have a somewhat normal life, but instead he will go his whole life blaming everyone but himself to why his life is so fucked up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

You blamed everyone but yourself again. It's your own fault. Nobody else's.
    He doesnt get it, so dont waste your time. If he already understood what your trying to make him realize then hed already have a somewhat normal life, but instead he will go his whole life blaming everyone but himself to why his life is so fucked up.
    I do get it, now. What you do not grasp here is how fucking hard it is to climb back to normal day to day life from where I am right now.

I haven't found a way yet, but in my mind I do know how things will look.

Load Metric
    I just remembered why I came to pfa earlier today in the first place- my parents, who have had iphones now for a couple months, have never used them for anything and not downloaded one single app.

Why?

well, for starters they are stubborn and since my step father can't make a simple apple id without getting flustered and throwing the phone my mother sits in silence and just agrees with him, and I end up the craziest ouf of all of them.

my step dad is very paranoid about idetity theft, he cuts up all his mail ANYTHING with his name (or anything close to it) address anything like that in print.

Needless to say he turned cherry tomato red when he realized in order to download apps, ANY apps, he would need an apple ID, something which requires using a credit card for verification.

I have always felt this was unjust and it was a big reason I hated apple, but today I found a solution, I tried said solution and it frigging works! Yes, you can create an apple ID without a credit card and use it to download free apps from itunes!!!! (this is big for a large number of people who love apple products but hate/don't trust apple it'self)

The trick is basically to create a new apple ID and make a purchase using NONE as the payment type. After the successful transation the apple id is legit and will work forever for downloading free apps and such without worry about your privacy and credentials.

I found two ways to do it, the first is to download a free app from itunes and when prompted, make a new apple ID (of course you need a new email to use here, so just create a new gmail just for this apple id before you download the app) and install app etc when prompted for CREDIT CARD select "none" for the option, it's really that easy.

The other way is similar and solves a problem in that some people will not see "NONE" as an option the first time around with their new apple id. Go to itunes download free app and when the credit card info screen comes up leave the default visa autoselected and enter a gift card code and your address and click next, the card will fail of course (you can populate the field for the gift card number with any random digits) and when it kicks you back to the previous screen voila, the "NONE" option will be selectable and your apple id for free shit with no credit card info is done.

Comments

rum dick: apple sucks

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric

I don't live with my mother fool, haven't in a couple months.

You want to dish out life advice I'll gladly PM you a tough question or three, snarking up threads like this is what 12 year olds do.
    ROFL. Ooooooh. A couple months. You should be SO proud of yourself. You're 31 years old and haven't lived at home in MONTHS! Way to aim for the sky Mikey.

are mike and anal alive? this was some good shit. if they are alive then they need to get back here now because this place could use a good old fashioned harmless blood feud.

Comments

PuppyMonkeyBaby: I think a few have heard from 408Mike as for Hersheiser nobody can confirm or deny his existence or if hes alive or not.. (thought he was somebodys dupe)

Thread Information