Thread: Drive from Phoenix to Vegas may get easier via new interstate

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Drive from Phoenix to Vegas may get easier via new interstate

However, portions of it will be a toll road.

Currently the drive from Phoenix to Vegas can be difficult, including passing through towns like Wickenburg (Arizona) and Boulder City (Nevada), which slows everything down.

I-11 would upgrade US-93 to interstate standards, as well as add some new road that allows you to bypass both the Wickenburg and Boulder City bullshit.

As someone who has driven to Phoenix several times from Vegas, I can tell you that this will be welcomed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    I am vehemently opposed to this project. Hwy. 93 was made 4 lanes wide and straightened out a decade ago to reduce collisions. If you live anywhere in AZ other than Phoenix you want the Phoenicans to stay put on the weekends, not give them access to other areas of the state. The Hassamaypa (blue) section is especially egregious. This section would be west of the White Tank Mtns. between Suprise and Buckeye.That area is completely undeveloped Sonoran desert in decent biodiversity shape except for the damn cattle present. The West Prescott Loop would also tear up a lot of good shit and make access to Prescott unnecessarly easy for Phoenix goobers to trash the National Forests and BLM lands leading to Prescott.

Make the world grey, plant some concrete today.

Cutting travel time by up to twenty minutes (just guessing) is not worth the continuning destruction of our wildlands.

My thanks to Ed Abbey.

The Hassamaypa is nothing more then HWY 303 being widened and such if you look at the exact path. And I hate to say it with the expanding population west the roads are going to come especially out to Surprise, Buckeye and Avondale as well as trying to somewhat fix the clusterfuck that is Glendale traffic.

Thread Information