Thread: Party Poker Glitch Displaying Wrong Hole Cards

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Party Poker Glitch Displaying Wrong Hole Cards

So you think you hit your flush? Not so fast!

http://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-room...id-hand-23-10/

PartyPoker Investigating Software Glitch Causing Hole Cards, Player Names to Change Mid-Hand
    Issue “escalated to the highest possible level” following month-long player reports of hole cards switching half way through a hand.

PartyPoker has confirmed that it is seriously investigating reports from players that hole cards and screen names are switching mid-hand during real-money play.

The issue first came to light in a thread on the German PokerStrategy forums almost one month ago, with poster “Guennilicous” showing video proof of player names switching during a hand. Evidence from other players showed the hole cards switching during the hand.

It appears the issue is a graphical glitch in the PartyPoker client. The wrong hole cards are being displayed during the hand, then at showdown the “real” cards are switched in at showdown.

This has caused players to make bets thinking they have different hole cards than they really do; one player reports going all in on the flop thinking he had top set, only for his cards to switch at showdown to show trash.

It is unclear how widespread the issue is, and PartyPoker has stated that they have received few reports from players. The issue occurs infrequently, and only players from the German PokerStrategy thread are known to have discussed this publicly.

A similar issue apparently arose in February this year, which PartyPoker states was resolved at the time. It is not clear if this issue has reemerged, or was never resolved.

An administrator of the PokerStrategy forums, apparently working directly with PartyPoker support, posted at the beginning of the month that a fix would be published in November, and the issue was related to the use of poker tracking software Hold’em Manager 2 while playing.

Some posters responded, however, that the issue had occurred without the tracking software running.

Earlier this week players took the report to poker forum 2+2 to garner wider attention; two days after the creation of the thread, the official PartyPoker rep responded, stating first that the issue … “occurred some months ago now and to our knowledge has not reoccurred since,” but yesterday added that they are now “aware of the issue.”

“This has been escalated to the highest possible level within the business,” the rep added. “To date we have had very few reports of the issue directly to our customer service team however we continue to investigate all possible avenues including the influence of third party [software].”

Players who experience the issue are encouraged to contact support with details of the situation.

Load Metric
    Druff out of curiosity, say you play a hand and the following happens

You flop top set, bets and raises build a nice pot, on the river your hole cards change to nothing, opponent wins pot.

Is there some gentlemanly understanding you'll say something and the other guy will xfer funds back to you or something? I imagine support can do it, but can't men be men on the battlefield as well? Seems faster/more honorable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

You flop top set, bets and raises build a nice pot, on the river your hole cards change to nothing, opponent wins pot.

Is there some gentlemanly understanding you'll say something and the other guy will xfer funds back to you or something? I imagine support can do it, but can't men be men on the battlefield as well? Seems faster/more honorable.
    No way to verify what the person's hole cards appeared to be. I would not xfer money back based on the other player's claim. I'd expect the site to take care of it though I have little faith in that either.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

No way to verify what the person's hole cards appeared to be. I would not xfer money back based on the other player's claim. I'd expect the site to take care of it though I have little faith in that either.
    I see. I take it not all high stakes players record their sessions? I thought that was typical, and would be hard to fake on the spot, but I get what you are saying.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is a video of it occurring:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I realize that I may be stupid, but what the fuck is that video supposed to be showing? I never see his hole cards for them to in turn change to something else which I thought was the point/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I realize that I may be stupid, but what the fuck is that video supposed to be showing? I never see his hole cards for them to in turn change to something else which I thought was the point/
    It shows him switching users to "cheerchick15". (LOL & that name, too. 100% guarantee that cheerchick is a man.)

It doesn't show either's holecards for some reason.

Load Metric
    It shows him switching users to "cheerchick15". (LOL & that name, too. 100% guarantee that cheerchick is a man.)

Once again this may sound dumb, but since he has blurred the rest of the screen could he not be changing the seating arrangement of the table and we can't tell due to the blurring

Load Metric
    I was on the bubble to win a seat on the Party Poker cruise, and I had AA, and the preflop rasiing was insane it was limit, but when it was on me I had no betting options. I would have won the hand and built a stack that would have been close to impossible to lose. It happened alot when playing cash also. You would think by now they would know what their doing.

Load Metric
    sounds like their flux capacitor wasn't getting the full 1.21 gigawatts it needs to function correctly

just my two cents

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

Once again this may sound dumb, but since he has blurred the rest of the screen could he not be changing the seating arrangement of the table and we can't tell due to the blurring
    the rest is blurred but you'd still see if he was right clicking and clicking a sit here. also the action is a sudden jump, he wouldn't be able to react that fast in changing the seating going ok they bet......now and it changes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LIMITLES HAS BEEN RESTRICTED FROM StARTING THREADS? VOICE YOUR OPINION

Thread Information